Camhs placements children’s nursing

Watch this thread
avacadhoe
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
I’m applying to do a children’s nursing degree for 2022 but i’m wondering will I have the opportunity to do camhs placements as a children’s nurse? Or will I need to be a mental health nurse to work in camhs? I’m specifically looking at Salford or Uni of Manchester
Fortysomething
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 9 months ago
I would imagine these would be for mental health student nurses however you will experience many young people and children with mental health problems working in children’s nursing as mental health provision is often so stretched that parents are often directed to a and e when their children are experiencing mental health crises
Emily_B
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
Yes, children's nurses do get CAHMS placements. I trained with children's nurses who got CAHMS placements, and some of my current student adult nurses are at uni with student children's nurses who have had/are on CAHMS placements.
Carrie.a.e.n
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by avacadhoe)
I’m applying to do a children’s nursing degree for 2022 but i’m wondering will I have the opportunity to do camhs placements as a children’s nurse? Or will I need to be a mental health nurse to work in camhs? I’m specifically looking at Salford or Uni of Manchester
The university of Bradford do a dual masters in child and mental health nursing - you get the best of both worlds but you need to be quick
University of Salford Student Rep
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by avacadhoe)
Hi avacadhoe,

Unfortunately the majority of our CAMHS placements are for Mental Health Nursing. However, I would recommend contacting [email protected] who works on the Children's Nursing Programme to confirm that this is the case!

Good luck with your university searching! Hope to see you at one of our open days!

Holly - Student Ambassador
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (143)
66.51%
No (47)
21.86%
I didn't use it to prepare (25)
11.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise