A level can i take unit 4 chemistry before taking unit 3

Watch this thread
boklibody
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
edexcel IAL chemistry , i want to take unit 4 chemistry before taking unit 3 (why you ask ? i just got a certain plan in my head i wanna fullfil )so are they related ? and is unit 4 dependant on unit 3 ?
note : i already took unit 1 and 2
glabib
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by boklibody)
edexcel IAL chemistry , i want to take unit 4 chemistry before taking unit 3 (why you ask ? i just got a certain plan in my head i wanna fullfil )so are they related ? and is unit 4 dependant on unit 3 ?
note : i already took unit 1 and 2
Hi, I think you will have to check with your school if you can take unit 4 before unit 3 but unit 3 is typically sat before unit 4 as it's part of the AS half of the course. Unit 3 is the practical skills so includes titrations, molar gas volumes, oxidation of alcohols etc and there's some overlap with unit 4 so I would defo recommend sitting unit 3 first as you'll need that knowledge for unit 4 so yes, it is dependant on unit 3. If you have both textbooks you can compare the content for each unit but I would say unit 3 & 4 are related. If you wanna talk about it my pms are open! Hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (38)
26.21%
As I expected (47)
32.41%
Harder (53)
36.55%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
4.83%

Watched Threads