New vision university SME 2021/2022 entry

Watch this thread
adzthemedic
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Hey, I’ve just finished my application for NVU and I was wondering if anyone else is starting at the derby UK campus then moving to Georgia after 2 years also. I feel very alone in this and It’ll be nice to get to know other people in the same boat as me.
Advertisement
Jollyprince
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by adzthemedic)
Hey, I’ve just finished my application for NVU and I was wondering if anyone else is starting at the derby UK campus then moving to Georgia after 2 years also. I feel very alone in this and It’ll be nice to get to know other people in the same boat as me.
I'd look very carefully regarding the ability to register to work in the UK after undertaking a degree accredited to Georgia
asinadaddd
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
Hi,

I just joined and awaiting instruction to commence in September 2021 at Derby.

Thanks
Advertisement
adzthemedic
Rep:
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by asinadaddd)
Hi,

Thanks
Same, have you paid all your school fees? And do you live in the uk?
asinadaddd
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
I am from Reading. Where are you from ? I have paid the SME fees but still not received instructions to pay the school fees ? How much are they ?
Advertisement
adzthemedic
Rep:
I am from Reading. Where are you from ? I have paid the SME fees but still not received instructions to pay the school fees ? How much are they ?
I live in london. Check your email, they should’ve sent you the details to pay. It’s $3500 for the first semester in derby
_debt
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by adzthemedic)
Hi - same here! I'm from Manchester. Do you know when the Derby campus will open? Will the UK campus have any halls etc for students that cannot commute on a daily basis?
Advertisement
adzthemedic
Rep:
(Original post by _debt)
Hi - same here! I'm from Manchester. Do you know when the Derby campus will open? Will the UK campus have any halls etc for students that cannot commute on a daily basis?
I’ve spoken to them and they said around November it would hopefully be ready. And speaking to my recruiter, I think we would have to arrange accommodation ourselves and maybe find housemates. Also do you have any social media where we can speak, or a groupchat we could make instead of using TSR
asinadaddd
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by _debt)
I send you my email address so that I can share some of issues on the course. [email protected]
Advertisement
Libbypb
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Hey, I’m from london, considering applying to nvu derby but have no idea how it works in regards to GMC approval, application process etc.
Please could someone who’s applied drop me a message so I can try to understand it? Thank you!!
Last edited by Libbypb; 5 months ago
furrytt
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
hey i am thinking of using sme for admission in dentistry to some European university has anyone used them?
Advertisement
l_y_d_p
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Hi,

Thanks
Hi,
Are you currently enrolled in New vision Derby?
I am a prospective applicant to the UK campus for 2 years. I am wondering if you could give me any information?
Sevim20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hey yeah you can private message me
Advertisement
Sevim20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by furrytt)
hey i am thinking of using sme for admission in dentistry to some European university has anyone used them?
mo_6710
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Sevim20)
Hi i had some questions about NVU . since it is on the may accept list is there a chance it wont be accepted?
Oliverthetwist
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hey, Ive just signed up for Sept 2022, Derby campus. Anyone else?
mo_6710
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Oliverthetwist)
Hey, Ive just signed up for Sept 2022, Derby campus. Anyone else?
Same i have. do you have an email or contact ?

Also will it be recognised by the GMC
Advertisement
Oliverthetwist
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
When I reached out to the GMC re NVU they just stated that it is on the might consider list, as it is assessed on a case to case basis, taking into consideration certain requirements they have which can be found on their website. I think it considers things like clinical hours, where you have to have something like 5500 hours across the specialities. I think if you're able to do a lot of your clinical rotation in the UK, as SME states is possible then I don't see why it would be a problem.
Oliverthetwist
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
My email is [email protected]
Rosieali
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jollyprince)
I'd look very carefully regarding the ability to register to work in the UK after undertaking a degree accredited to Georgia
As long as the University is listed in the World Medical Directory, and the course is a minimum of 3 years of teaching/ placement time. It is accepted by the GMC as stipulated on their webiste.

As of 2024, all doctors will have to sit the MLA (medical licensing exam) in order to register as an FY1 doctor. ( this is a new exam ) This is irrespective of whether the degree was issued in the UK or abroad
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (0)
0%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (0)
0%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (0)
0%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (0)
0%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (0)
0%
I’m starting to consider my university options (0)
0%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (0)
0%

Watched Threads