The Student Room Group

I'm not sure what to choose!

Hi, I'm a current year 13 student who has to apply for university in 2 months however I still have no clue what to choose or what options are available to me hich would help me suceed in the future. The current A levels I'm studying are Biology, Geography & Psychology and I'm highly interested in the STEM field but I doubt any universities will accept me with what I currently have. Not to mention I got a 5 in GCSE Maths (due to not being able to actually sit it) when most universities ask for a 6. I'm a bright student & i know I'm capable of achieving a lot but cue bad mental health and my studies went downhill but now they're on track, still I'm not sure what to do! Due to my limited A Levels

I wanted to do Business Management & finance but everyone says it's a pointless degree. I don't enjoy Geography and I could do Psychology or Law but Law is really hard and graduates struggle with getting a job apparently and with Psychology I'm not sure if that is also a good course for the future
Original post by jehkay
Hi, I'm a current year 13 student who has to apply for university in 2 months however I still have no clue what to choose or what options are available to me hich would help me suceed in the future. The current A levels I'm studying are Biology, Geography & Psychology and I'm highly interested in the STEM field but I doubt any universities will accept me with what I currently have. Not to mention I got a 5 in GCSE Maths (due to not being able to actually sit it) when most universities ask for a 6. I'm a bright student & i know I'm capable of achieving a lot but cue bad mental health and my studies went downhill but now they're on track, still I'm not sure what to do! Due to my limited A Levels

I wanted to do Business Management & finance but everyone says it's a pointless degree. I don't enjoy Geography and I could do Psychology or Law but Law is really hard and graduates struggle with getting a job apparently and with Psychology I'm not sure if that is also a good course for the future

https://www.theuniguide.co.uk/a-level-explorer/biology/geography/psychology?o=012

Have a look at the options on the website above ...
Original post by jehkay

You don't have to apply in 2 months. The deadline for equal consideration is January 26th, 2022.
The October application date is only for medicine, vet med, dentistry, (maybe other medical ones) and Oxford/Cambridge.
Reply 4
Original post by ReadingMum
The October application date is only for medicine, vet med, dentistry, (maybe other medical ones) and Oxford/Cambridge.

Oh, thank you so much! That makes sense I believe I misunderstood
Hey! I’ve been in the same boat as you.. different A-levels but still.. with biology and psychology you are open to most of the allied health profession degrees... diagnostic radiography, orthoptics, speech and language therapy! If you’re interested in bio and pyschology maybe look into speech and language therapy- that’s what I’m doing (but I study maths, bio and chem).
How to Choose a Uni Subject - read it all : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/courses/i-want-to-go-to-uni-but-i-dont-know-what-to-study

Take a look down this list of subjects at just one Uni - check out the ones that interest you - this will start you thinking about the range of subjects on offer and the sort of subject you might want to look at : https://www.sussex.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending