The Student Room Group

Is 7A's and 2B's a good set of GCSEs to apply to Top Universities?

Hi, I recently got my GCSE Results back. And I wanted to know if my grades were good enough to apply to Oxbridge, in the future.

I got: 3 9's, 2 8's , 2 7's and 2 6's

History : A** (9)
RE: A** (9)
DT: A** (9)
English Lit: A* (8)
English Lan: A* (8)
Combined Science: A-A (7-7)
Maths: B (6)
Computer Science: B (6)

Are they good enough grades? 🤷*♀️
Reply 1
Yes. Probably. What course are you thinking of?

Also why do you say 7 As in your title, but in your post you've got 5 A*s and 2 As?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Pazza1
Hi, I recently got my GCSE Results back. And I wanted to know if my grades were good enough to apply to Oxbridge, in the future.

Have a read of this:

"Are these GCSEs good enough for x" - the guide
Original post by Pazza1

Everyone knows what letter grades are now, so it's more helpful to just list the letter grades, honestly.

Pretty sure this would be good enough for most couses at both unis, but you might struggle with e.g. Medicine at Oxford.

We also can't say for sure what admissions requirements will be in two years time.
These are a pretty solid set of grades, you would not be discounted from most courses. Whether you'll get in will rely more on other factors. (mainly performance on any admissions tests when they are deciding whether to interview, and your interview performance when they are deciding whether to give you an offer)
(edited 2 years ago)
There is a big section of TSR about 'Applying to Oxford and Cambridge' - including entry requirements - read it all - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Applying_to_Oxford_or_Cambridge_(aka_Oxbridge)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending