could any one please check my geography work (GCSE)

Watch
harlz_chalamet
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
this isn't a real question; however, it's from my CGP work book. the case study my school has told me to use is the Boscastle Flood in 2004.
the question is a total of 12 marks (9 of them being general marks and 3 of them being SPaG marks)
please could you tell me how to improve
i will attach it now. thankyou!
Attached files
Last edited by harlz_chalamet; 5 months ago
bluetaetae_12
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
Overall it's a good answer but there is some room for improvement. Your SPAG is great btw!

I don't know what Geography board you do but I did AQA in my GSCEs and I would say to explain the consequences in more depth. For example, in social impacts, you could link the point about homelessness and catching disease to quality of life, and how it would decrease. You could also link it to development indicators such as life expectancy. Additionally, as for education, you could link it to a decrease in literacy rate.

Compared to social effects, your explanation for economic effects isn't as detailed; it needs to be more balanced. What is the consequence of losing money that could have been used for homeless people? Why is it important for people to be able to supply themselves and their families, and what are the impacts if they cannot?

I hope this helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (29)
7.02%
October 2021 (190)
46%
November 2021 (42)
10.17%
December 2021 (54)
13.08%
January 2021 (45)
10.9%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (39)
9.44%