Sb17890
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi , what is the best way to make notes for biology and chemistry . As a lot of people recommend doing past papers and topics questions so I don’t want to spend a lot of time on making fancy good looking notes . I am aiming for A/A* . What method would be the best useful and quick .
Shall I do digital flashcards on quizlet answering all the questions from the specification .
Any other tips on how to get the top grades would be really helpful . Also if u do biology or chemistry how many hours do you spend on revising ?
AlooCurry
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
Anki.
Chemrevise
Bubbles_211
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Try using uplrearn for chemistry. you can get it fro free if you or someone you know with free school meals makes an account.
For both topics, try to understand everything and how each topic links with one another and don't get scared of memorising through past papers. check out Spaced repetition and active recall online. Get CGP revision guide instead of making notes. but sometimes writing the info down in a different format such as mind maps without looking in the book can help with understanding.
Beeyah
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
if you have a laptop i 1000% recommend taking ur notes on it. you can then copy and paste information into quizlet/anki which is so much faster than writing it out. or even start making ur flashcards in lesson if you have time. my biggest advice is lesson time is for understanding, dont worry about making ur notes all perfect, focus on making sure you 100% understand the content. then in ur study period fix/complete your notes and start doing questions.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (65)
12.48%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.73%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (135)
25.91%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (43)
8.25%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (251)
48.18%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.45%

Watched Threads