The Student Room Group

I don’t know what A-levels to take :(

Hi I’m really struggling with what A-levels to take and was wondering if someone who was in a similar situation could help me or give me some advice. I’m certain that I would like to become an equine physiotherapist and have looked at different uni courses, and basically there are two ways I can become one. The first is by taking two science A-levels and taking a course in animal physiotherapy or I can take a course in human physiotherapy and then animal physiotherapy (this would mean I only need one science A-level).
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by fsw101
Hi I’m really struggling with what A-levels to take and was wondering if someone who was in a similar situation could help me or give me some advice. I’m certain that I would like to become an equine physiotherapist and have looked at different uni courses, and basically there are two ways I can become one. The first is by taking two science A-levels and taking a course in animal physiotherapy or I can take a course in human physiotherapy and then animal physiotherapy (this would mean I only need one science A-level).

I would say the first one because you only have to do one course at uni if that’s what you mean with the first option.
Reply 2
Original post by Learner777
I would say the first one because you only have to do one course at uni if that’s what you mean with the first option.

I mean you’re probably right but I just don’t really want to take another science like chemistry because I won’t get a good grade at A-level
Original post by fsw101
I mean you’re probably right but I just don’t really want to take another science like chemistry because I won’t get a good grade at A-level

Well then that’s your answer.
Original post by fsw101

Why do you think you won't get a good grade at A-Level?
Original post by fsw101

Do the first one. If you do the second just to make things a little easier now, then you’ll have tens of thousands of extra debt to pay off for 30 years. It’s short term pain for long term gain, and it’s not a guarantee that you’ll be able to do animal physiotherapy after if you don’t do super well in the human one, or if it’s really competitive. It’s a huge gamble, like doing a bioscience degree with the hope of getting onto GEM, totally not recommended.
Original post by fsw101

I think there are other universities that have physiotherapy degrees where you only need biology and the rest of the subjects are up to you such as University of Birmingham. I'd try and find other universities as such. https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/sportex/physiotherapy.aspx#EntryRequirementsTab
Also since a lot of universities will accept A-level resits. or you could apply to widening participation routes that allow lower A-level grades for entry. In the university of Birmingham they have A2B or P2B.
Reply 8
i’m sure there’s unis that only requires to take biology and pe, then the last one is up to you could take something like maths or psychology

Quick Reply

Latest