The Student Room Group
University campus
University of Winchester
Winchester

University of Winchester 2022 Applicants Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Burma Road Student Village opened in 2013. The village lies adjacent to the King Alfred Quarter and consists of 499 en-suite study bedrooms arranged in flats of five to eight bedrooms with shared kitchens.

This is the 2nd of the 2 'main' accommodations on the King Alfred Quarter along with Queens Road. These buildings are where the majority of students stay during their first year.

University campus
University of Winchester
Winchester
St Elizabeth's accommodation is also located on the King Alfred Quarter and is a catered halls of residence. This is on the other side of the campus so you have great views of the south downs. In catered accommodations you receive an allowance on a catering card to use in any of the Universities food outlets each week.

Last but not least! West Downs Student Village is located in the West Downs Quarter, next to the brand new West Downs Centre. There are over 650 study bedrooms in houses and flats of six to eight bedrooms with shared kitchens.

Because King Alfred Quarter and West Downs Quarter are separate campuses, there can be a misconception they they are far apart. In reality, they are just a few hundred metres from each other, and around a 5 minute walk, so it's possible to live on either of the campuses. Even if your timetabled sessions are on the other campus!

We now have a public piano! This is your reminder to get some practice in over the summer period before you join us :biggrin:

The piano was suggested by 2nd year student Thomas, who played the first song :clap2:

Hi, I recently applied for an online taught MSc in Animal Welfare, Behaviour, Ethics and Law. I'm sure there are still places especially as when I asked over 2 weeks ago the admissions team stated that I could still apply. I heard back yesterday saying I needed to send a proper scan of my official BSc results which I sent today but I know they're going to be busy due to A level results being published this past week. In the original e-mail I received after applying it stated I should expect it to take less than 2 weeks to hear back about whether I got in or not, but since I had to send extra documents does this mean I'll have to wait like two weeks to hear back again? I have a job interview coming up next week so it would be really helpful to know if I've been accepted because I don't know whether I can accept the job if I'm offered it as it's full time so I definitely wouldn't be able to do it alongside a masters :frown: I thought they'd get back to me sooner as I applied well in advance of the A level results day, don't know if anyone has been in a similar boat or knows if it takes extra time once sending in more documents? This was a longer post than I wanted hahah apologies
Reply 65
Think I posted this in a new chat by accident but my daughter firmed her place in March and received her accommodation offer at Queens back in June, which she accepted. Today she has received her Welcome Pack which mentions confirming accommodation. Is this for people who have just applied in clearing or do we need to confirm accommodation again. Any help gratefully received.
@University of Winchester I've yet to receive an offer for Education as I applied late (but with grades in hand - crosses fingers). Will there still be en-suite accommodation to apply for? I had a really tough time with my shared bathroom halls elsewhere last year 😪.
Original post by Anonymous
@University of Winchester I've yet to receive an offer for Education as I applied late (but with grades in hand - crosses fingers). Will there still be en-suite accommodation to apply for? I had a really tough time with my shared bathroom halls elsewhere last year 😪.

Hello,

We allocate on a ‘first applied, first allocated’ basis in date order, so we would strongly encourage you to apply as soon as possible. All accommodation is University owned, managed or approved, either on or off campus. Check out what's on offer on our website here: https://www.winchester.ac.uk/accommodation-and-winchester-life/accommodation/whats-on-offer/

Our website has lots of information about our accommodation and how to apply but if you can't find the exact information you're looking for, please contact our housing team directly with your questions. The team are available on [email protected].

Hope this helps!
:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending