The Student Room Group

Det l5 - qtls

Right, so im a mature student and finding this all quite confusing. At 48 without a degree working ive seen a possible route into teaching.
If i gain the DET at L5 i can then apply to do QTLS. That's fab.
Confusion is: I work in a Primary school, i teach PPA art, i plan and deliver this twice a week. Because this qualification is aimed towards the adult, high school age my guess is id need to find some hrs here ? Yet many of the courses ive seen online clearly state ' the teaching hrs you log as part of practical evidence can come from primary,secondary or post 16 sector environments. They can also be in a paid or unpaid role'. So my question really is: Am i able to complete alot of this course in my current role? How many hrs need to be in post 16 or high school?. At 48 im really hoping i can go on to apply for QTLS with the hope of eventually utilising this qualification within the Primary school i work at as a QT. I have read that this qualification is recognised alongside QTS so potentially could see me one day employed as a class teacher.
Id really appreciate some support/advice from someone that has either followed this route that id like to take or from someone qualified that can explain whether i can in fact get to where id like to be. Im 100% committed and driven to gain this..... I just need clarity/guidance on what is what..... Can i stay employed full time at primary or do i need to make provisions prior with regards the placement? Appreciate your time
Original post by majic30
Right, so im a mature student and finding this all quite confusing. At 48 without a degree working ive seen a possible route into teaching.
If i gain the DET at L5 i can then apply to do QTLS. That's fab.
Confusion is: I work in a Primary school, i teach PPA art, i plan and deliver this twice a week. Because this qualification is aimed towards the adult, high school age my guess is id need to find some hrs here ? Yet many of the courses ive seen online clearly state ' the teaching hrs you log as part of practical evidence can come from primary,secondary or post 16 sector environments. They can also be in a paid or unpaid role'. So my question really is: Am i able to complete alot of this course in my current role? How many hrs need to be in post 16 or high school?. At 48 im really hoping i can go on to apply for QTLS with the hope of eventually utilising this qualification within the Primary school i work at as a QT. I have read that this qualification is recognised alongside QTS so potentially could see me one day employed as a class teacher.
Id really appreciate some support/advice from someone that has either followed this route that id like to take or from someone qualified that can explain whether i can in fact get to where id like to be. Im 100% committed and driven to gain this..... I just need clarity/guidance on what is what..... Can i stay employed full time at primary or do i need to make provisions prior with regards the placement? Appreciate your time

Hi there, it looks like your query is aimed towards other students not about student finance.

I advise you to post here https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=3 and other students will share their experience.

Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending