A-level OCR Chemistry (A) Autumn Exam Study and Revison chat (All Papers)

Watch
Evil Homer
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago

Welcome to A-level OCR Chemistry (A) Autumn Exam Revision and Study Chat!

The exam timetable for this subject is:

5th PM October 2021: Paper 1 (H432/01)

12th AM October 2021: Paper 2 (H432/2)

18th AM October 2021: Paper 3 (H432/3)

This thread is for anyone studying A-level OCR Chemistry (A) who is taking their exams this Autumn.
How are you feeling about these exams? Let us know below where you're currently at, what your doing to prepare and where you're feeling confident or not confident on.

Chat below and find other students in the same situation as you! Help each other revise, study and share resources. Remember these only work if everyone is involved and supporting each other! Good luck everyone :goodluck: Image
sdfgfsaq
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Hiya guys how far is everyone with their revision?
HAMZAHHHH
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Hi, does anyone know if there's an AQA version of this chat cuz I can't find one lol
maliee2234
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
do you guys know if there is a CAIE version of this as well?
Xyoeuan
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
How is everyone feeling ://///
I feel p confident I think but still worried because you never know what questions they will throw at us / how I’ll perform.

Does anyone else think the grade boundaries will be lower? I looked at the autumn resits from last year and you needed much lower than usual to get an A, I’m really hoping it’s the same this year (but that it doesn’t mean the exam is really hard lol)
sdfgfsaq
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yo why isnt the autumn resit megathread not working??
ji__09
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
How did you guys find it?
aliaa03
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sdfgfsaq)
yeah ikrrrr
Mal36
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sdfgfsaq)
That’s what I was thinking - I thought it was just me?
Mal36
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
What did you guys think of the paper today?
Mal36
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
What are we thinking grade boundaries will be like this time 😂
aliaa03
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
how did everyone find it?
FreshBlaze
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sj8)
I thought it was decent. The MCQ was harder than I expected and that thiosulfate titration one was very weird. Apart from that I thought it was ok
yeah that question was horrible
aliaa03
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by FreshBlaze)
yeah that question was horrible
what was the q? Was it a titration calculation or wordy / apply ur knowledge q?
userperson1234
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi what did everyone get for the Kp question
ji__09
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
It was quite a bit better than I expected but this is also the first time I've REALLY revised for a chemistry paper soo
FreshBlaze
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by aliaa03)
what was the q? Was it a titration calculation or wordy / apply ur knowledge q?
From what i remember it was a redox titration calculation where you work out the mass of the solid added at the start by working backwards. The hard part was that fact that they didn't give both equations so didn't really know the mole ratio
Lolztye
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I think it went ok! Just glad at least the first one's done now!

What did you guys get for why the student made a mistake with the ln A value from the graph- I don't think I got it at all lol

Good luck for next week guys! xx
Last edited by Lolztye; 1 month ago
lamiece
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lolztye)
I think it went ok! Just glad at least the first one's done now!

What did you guys get for why the student made a mistake with the ln A value from the graph- I don't think I got it at all lol

Good luck for next week guys! xx
yeah it was so weird! i wrote that youre not supposed to extrapolate it? that could either be really dumb or right lmao
Last edited by lamiece; 1 month ago
sdfgfsaq
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lamiece)
yeah it was so weird! i wrote that youre not supposed to extrapolate it? that could either be really dumb or right lmao
I said that he didnt extend the line to see if it crossed the y axis.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.61%
Okay (112)
29.09%
A bit lacking (145)
37.66%
Not good at all (91)
23.64%

Watched Threads