A-level AQA Chemistry Autumn Exam Study and Revison chat (All Papers)

Watch
Evil Homer
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago

Welcome to A-level AQA Chemistry Autumn Exam Revision and Study Chat!

The exam timetable for this subject is:

5th PM October 2021: Paper 1 (7405/01)

12th PM October 2021: Paper 2 (7405/2)

18th AM October 2021: Paper 3 (7405/3)

This thread is for anyone studying A-level AQA Chemistry who is taking their exams this Autumn.
How are you feeling about these exams? Let us know below where you're currently at, what your doing to prepare and where you're feeling confident or not confident on.

Chat below and find other students in the same situation as you! Help each other revise, study and share resources. Remember these only work if everyone is involved and supporting each other! Good luck everyone :goodluck: Image
BrysonChemistry
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Evil Homer)

Welcome to A-level AQA Chemistry Autumn Exam Revision and Study Chat!

The exam timetable for this subject is:

5th PM October 2021: Paper 1 (7405/01)

12th PM October 2021: Paper 2 (7405/2)

18th AM October 2021: Paper 3 (7405/3)

This thread is for anyone studying A-level AQA Chemistry who is taking their exams this Autumn.
How are you feeling about these exams? Let us know below where you're currently at, what your doing to prepare and where you're feeling confident or not confident on.

Chat below and find other students in the same situation as you! Help each other revise, study and share resources. Remember these only work if everyone is involved and supporting each other! Good luck everyone :goodluck: Image
I have a youtube channel that will eventually cover the full AQA Chemistry spec, you will hopefully find the videos useful...please ask me as many questions as you have!
Beywe
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
heloooooo hows revision going for all of u
neigh.a
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
How did you guys find paper 1?
Last edited by neigh.a; 1 month ago
Shaheen2266
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by neigh.a)
Some parts were hard but generally it was ok fingers crossed
I got 3401 for the 6 marker temperature question
Doua 2636
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Shaheen2266)
Some parts were hard but generally it was ok fingers crossed
I got 3401 for the 6 marker temperature question
Me too!! I was so sceptical because it was such a big number
Doua 2636
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Pretty good, what did you guys get for the borne Haber cycle question I got 2.24 kj for the first one and -155 for enthalpy of solution. Also 8% for the abundance of titanium question. 3.7 x 10 to the something for the volume question ( I think). 11.Something for the pH anddd I don’t remember any others. I think the partial pressure one was 97 kpa
Doua 2636
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Doua 2636)
Pretty good, what did you guys get for the borne Haber cycle question I got 2.24 kj for the first one and -155 for enthalpy of solution. Also 8% for the abundance of titanium question. 3.7 x 10 to the something for the volume question ( I think). 11.Something for the pH anddd I don’t remember any others. I think the partial pressure one was 97 kpa
Oh yeah and the pH of water I got 6.6
Llamasloth
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Idk if it was just me but the exam felt really different to the past exam papers. Apart from the maths type questions.
Doua 2636
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Llamasloth)
Idk if it was just me but the exam felt really different to the past exam papers. Apart from the maths type questions.
It did 😭 why did they ask us what an electrochemical series was.
Doua 2636
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Also how did you guys format that electrode potential question with the iron and colbalt
Llamasloth
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
It did 😭 why did they ask us what an electrochemical series was.
Idk it just felt like there were a bit too many questions on that topic 😂
adamkhan4678
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Did anyone else sit the AS papers?
faizahkhan
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Did u like it?
Doua 2636
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by faizahkhan)
Did u like it?
Yea it was p good except for some of the wordy questions. What did u get for ur calcs
Llamasloth
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Did u like it?
Not really, it felt weird that some questions had really simple answers like they asked really simple stuff and I revised mainly the heavy topics or more complex stuff.
faizahkhan
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I absolutely hated it found it so hard. Im taking psychology exams too so i ddnt revise properly for chem otherwise I would’ve done okay but still the questions were difficult. I missed out most of the paper. Idk how im gonna do now and since everyone found it good i think the grade boundaries are gonna be higher 😭😭😭😭😭😭
faizahkhan
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yea it was p good except for some of the wordy questions. What did u get for ur calcs
Most of my calculations i ddnt finish bcuz I couldn’t remember how to do them
Llamasloth
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I absolutely hated it found it so hard. Im taking psychology exams too so i ddnt revise properly for chem otherwise I would’ve done okay but still the questions were difficult. I missed out most of the paper. Idk how im gonna do now and since everyone found it good i think the grade boundaries are gonna be higher 😭😭😭😭😭😭
You’re not the only one. I spent so much time revising paper 1 and really going through the papers but that paper just felt so hard even though the questions seemed so simple. I hope they’re low or at least paper 2 and 3 be easier. I also always though paper 1 was the easiest but what was that.
faizahkhan
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Not really, it felt weird that some questions had really simple answers like they asked really simple stuff and I revised mainly the heavy topics or more complex stuff.
I ddnt find them simple 😭😭 i feel like the grade boundaries are gonna be high now
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.61%
Okay (112)
29.09%
A bit lacking (145)
37.66%
Not good at all (91)
23.64%

Watched Threads