Worried

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Someone told me that they think we might go into lockdown in autumn and I have seen stuff on the internet about it. I just dont want to go through that again, even any restrictions because it will I will make me depressed. I just want to go out and not be stuck at home all day. I just am that person that will get demotivated if I've been at home for a certain amount of time. With me I need to keep the same daily goung outbroutine the mindset or Im just going to end up in lazy mindset if we go in lockdown. I don’t want to be in the house all day everyday, I can’t do that all my life and no one ca. I’m not prepared for another lockdown and I’m not prepared to go in any restrictions either.

I just sometimes worry a lot because I see news about
covid cases rising and I get worried if they might say lockdown or restrictions will be our only options but I just don’t really want that to happen
liv99liv99
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 9 months ago
Hey.

First thing I’ll say is to be very careful with what you believe. A lot of misinformation about Covid is going round, and people often exaggerate or repeat what they’ve heard somebody else say.

A lot for the reason covid cases are rising is because the testing capacity has increased, more people are getting tested and people have started to report their lateral flow results.

Also, vaccinations are also on the rise!

I’m not saying we definitely won’t go into another lockdown, but I am saying you have to think critically when it comes to figures you see on the news.

I understand that you’re worried (I think we all are still!) and it is a very difficult situation.

I think the UK government will try and avoid another lockdown at all costs (because of the damage to the economy). Also, even though cases are rising, hospitalisations aren’t rising simultaneously.

I think we will only enter another lockdown if hospitals start struggling to cope / running out of ventilators again.

However, nothing is guaranteed.

If another lockdown happens then it’ll be for good reason and it will be to protect us.

No one wants lockdown to happen.

We’ve all just got to try and stay positive, keep testing, get vaxxed and keep our distance!

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by liv99liv99)
Hey.

First thing I’ll say is to be very careful with what you believe. A lot of misinformation about Covid is going round, and people often exaggerate or repeat what they’ve heard somebody else say.

A lot for the reason covid cases are rising is because the testing capacity has increased, more people are getting tested and people have started to report their lateral flow results.

Also, vaccinations are also on the rise!

I’m not saying we definitely won’t go into another lockdown, but I am saying you have to think critically when it comes to figures you see on the news.

I understand that you’re worried (I think we all are still!) and it is a very difficult situation.

I think the UK government will try and avoid another lockdown at all costs (because of the damage to the economy). Also, even though cases are rising, hospitalisations aren’t rising simultaneously.

I think we will only enter another lockdown if hospitals start struggling to cope / running out of ventilators again.

However, nothing is guaranteed.

If another lockdown happens then it’ll be for good reason and it will be to protect us.

No one wants lockdown to happen.

We’ve all just got to try and stay positive, keep testing, get vaxxed and keep our distance!

I just hope we don't. I worry about it often
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 9 months ago
No point in worrying about something that may or may not happen. Enjoy the freedom that you have right now, and if a lockdown does happen, try to follow your usual routine as much as practicable - it will only be temporary anyway. Take each day as it comes.
PilgrimOfTruth
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
Many of the so-called cases are just false positive results from the Lateral Flow tests which have now been deemed unfit for purpose. They have served to feed the scaremongering narrative to cajole people into taking the vaccines.

See here:

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/...-communication

and here:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...cathing-review

"The US Food and Drug Agency (FDA) has raised significant concerns about the rapid Covid test on which the UK government has based its multibillion-pound mass testing programme.

In a scathing review, the US health agency suggested the performance of the test had not been established, presenting a risk to health, and that the tests should be thrown in the bin or returned to the California-based manufacturer Innova."

In the UK, these lateral flow Innova tests form the cornerstone of Operation Moonshot, the mass-testing scheme championed by the prime minister’s former chief adviser Dominic Cummings. The idea was that the ability to deliver results within 30 minutes – without the need for processing in a laboratory – provided a cheap, pragmatic and efficient way to identify people who had caught the virus but not fallen ill. But critics have raised concerns about accuracy.

Given the tests have been offered free to millions in England, for use at home or at test centres, workplaces and schools, with the aim of detecting more cases, breaking chains of transmission and saving lives since April, the FDA announcement is particularly alarming.

"In its report, the agency accused the company of “false or misleading” estimates of the clinical performance of certain configurations of the test, saying the estimates did not accurately reflect the performance of the diagnostic devices during clinical studies."

"Ministers were urged to “urgently explain whether they are taking any action and asking UK regulators to look again at these tests in light of these findings” by Labour’s shadow health secretary Jonathan Ashworth."

The PCR Tests are also going too, as they're also unfit for purpose:

https://www.cdc.gov/csels/dls/locs/2...Testing_1.html

Nevertheless I remain sceptical about what will happen this Winter Flu season so I share some of your worries. Millions of doses of Covid vaccine boosters have already been manufactured which they will want to distribute so I predict they will start grandstanding the next deadly variant soon.
qudenitu
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by PilgrimOfTruth)
Many of the so-called cases are just false positive results from the Lateral Flow tests which have now been deemed unfit for purpose. They have served to feed the scaremongering narrative to cajole people into taking the vaccines.

See here:

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/...-communication

and here:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...cathing-review/
"The US Food and Drug Agency (FDA) has raised significant concerns about the rapid Covid test on which the UK government has based its multibillion-pound mass testing programme.

In a scathing review, the US health agency suggested the performance of the test had not been established, presenting a risk to health, and that the tests should be thrown in the bin or returned to the California-based manufacturer Innova."

In the UK, these lateral flow Innova tests form the cornerstone of Operation Moonshot, the mass-testing scheme championed by the prime minister’s former chief adviser Dominic Cummings. The idea was that the ability to deliver results within 30 minutes – without the need for processing in a laboratory – provided a cheap, pragmatic and efficient way to identify people who had caught the virus but not fallen ill. But critics have raised concerns about accuracy.

Given the tests have been offered free to millions in England, for use at home or at test centres, workplaces and schools, with the aim of detecting more cases, breaking chains of transmission and saving lives since April, the FDA announcement is particularly alarming.

"In its report, the agency accused the company of “false or misleading” estimates of the clinical performance of certain configurations of the test, saying the estimates did not accurately reflect the performance of the diagnostic devices during clinical studies."

"Ministers were urged to “urgently explain whether they are taking any action and asking UK regulators to look again at these tests in light of these findings” by Labour’s shadow health secretary Jonathan Ashworth."

The PCR Tests are also going too, as they're also unfit for purpose:

https://www.cdc.gov/csels/dls/locs/2...Testing_1.html

Nevertheless I remain sceptical about what will happen this Winter Flu season so I share some of your worries. Millions of doses of Covid vaccine boosters have already been manufactured which they will want to distribute so I predict they will start grandstanding the next deadly variant soon.
Thank you so much for the sources

I've added it to my bookmarks.
Lucifer323
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by qudenitu)
Thank you so much for the sources

I've added it to my bookmarks.
Also you could search what happened in the United States where the FDA has recalled the Lateral Flows Tests and branded then useless. The FDA has advised US Citizens to throw these tests in the bin or return them to their manufacturer, Innova (the company which produces them)

Furthermore the FDA has sent a warning letter to Innova to immediately stop the production of these tests.

A simple Google search can verify what I have said.

In relation to Covid.

The whole situation has been blown out of proportion. Covid isn't a Lethal disease as they have presented it at the beginning.
For the vast majority of people Covid is a mild or very mild disease from which you recover in a few weeks. In addition around 1/3 of those infected with the virus have no symptoms.

Hence if you are young or middle age and healthy then you have nothing to worry about. Your chances of getting sick or die from Covid are very very low.

Those who are elderly and clinically vulnerable are at higher risk of developing disease.

Don't let this anomalous situation affect you as an advise as this isn't the end of the World and this is a mild disease that most people are expected to successfully get over it.

TCA2b
Last edited by Lucifer323; 8 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (61)
15.76%
The paper was reasonable (190)
49.1%
Not feeling great about that exam... (97)
25.06%
It was TERRIBLE (39)
10.08%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed