The Student Room Group

Childcare grant & independent school

Hi, can the childcare grant be used to pay towards independent school fees?
Original post by Emma84
Hi, can the childcare grant be used to pay towards independent school fees?

Hi Emma, the childcare grant can be paid to an ofsted registered childcare provider.

Our guidance states:

To attract a Childcare Grant, childcare must be provided by a recognised Childcare Provider. This can be nurseries, childminders, au pairs, nanny, play groups, children's centres and holiday play schemes which are registered by OFSTED or Care and Social Services Inspectorate for Wales. This childcare may also be provided by schools or an approved foster carer (the care must be for a child who is not the foster carer's foster child).

CCP's can be registered with the following bodies depending on where they are located.

England - EduBase; Independent Schools Inspectorate; Bridge Schools Inspectorate; Schools Inspection Service; Care Quality Commission

Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Hi Isacc

Thank you for getting back to me, from your reply I understand that you can as long as the school is registered with one of the above bodies?

Kind regards
Emma
Original post by Emma84
Hi Isacc

Thank you for getting back to me, from your reply I understand that you can as long as the school is registered with one of the above bodies?

Kind regards
Emma

If it is a recognised childcare provider.

Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending