The Student Room Group

Should I sign a contract with moboreader?

I applied to moboreader to monetise my book. My application has been successful and they've sent me a non exclusive copyright license contract that will last 5 years, I just need to sign it and send back. Im not sure about it cos it's asking for 50% royalties and I have no idea how much money I would make. The contract doesn't say. I want to ask them for more information but they don't really have someone I could contact directly. The only contact email I've already sent an email to about something else which I am yet to get a reply from.
Personally I wouldn't enter into any agreement with moboreader.
I'd either go for a traditional book publishing contract or stick to the main four sites for ebook self-publishers, independent authors and small publishers.
Amazon, Apple Books, GooglePlay and Smashwords.
Reply 2
Original post by londonmyst
Personally I wouldn't enter into any agreement with moboreader.
I'd either go for a traditional book publishing contract or stick to the main four sites for ebook self-publishers, independent authors and small publishers.
Amazon, Apple Books, GooglePlay and Smashwords.

I already tried Amazon but I deleted my account and now it won't let me create another. Plus it's too much hassle having to edit, create a book cover, get an isbn etc. I'd rather just post online.
Reply 3
I've decided not to sign the contract even if it's non exclusive. Because I'm already getting paid from a different website without any contract but the money isn't great. I think I'll look for other websites that don't have a contract.
Reply 4
Could you please tell me from which website (that doesn't need a contract)?
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
I've decided not to sign the contract even if it's non exclusive. Because I'm already getting paid from a different website without any contract but the money isn't great. I think I'll look for other websites that don't have a contract.

Please tell me?

Latest

Trending

Trending