zarahh09
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
How does this support the theory of evolution?

I put this but I dont think its right: DNA sequence information is important to scientists investigating the functions of genes.
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by zarahh09)
How does this support the theory of evolution?

I put this but I dont think its right: DNA sequence information is important to scientists investigating the functions of genes.
Hia!

usually, if the question is talking about DNA sequencing and evolution, the answer is usually along the lines of using DNA sequencing to compare the genetic code of specific genes in different species to map out the evolutionary relationship between these species. The more similar the genetic code of the two genes the more closely related the species are.

Hope this helps!

Ben - UoP rep
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
As it is posted before:

DNA sequencing is used in evolution to compare the specific genetic codes of species with each other in order to examine an evolutionary relationship. The similar the genetic codes, the closer ithe species are related.
Last edited by Kallisto; 3 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (35)
9.94%
Okay (104)
29.55%
A bit lacking (128)
36.36%
Not good at all (85)
24.15%

Watched Threads