The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

University of Hull - Official 2022 Applicants Thread

Hello everyone :wavey:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to the University of Hull for 2022!

We're so excited to meet you all, but until then, let's get to know each other a little better!

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?
What are you looking forward to about university?

Our friendly ambassador team will also be here to answer your questions about what it's like to study at Hull. :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I am applying for adult nursing. I am currently doing my access course, but I am worried I will not meet the grades for the degree, so looking at other options so I can eventually go to hull university and study nursing. It has been a lifelong dream.Jessica
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 2
hi, I'm applying for the Clinical Applications of Psychology course I'm from Algeria and planning to come study in the UK, the university of hull caught my interest the most and I wanted to know if I met all the qualifications to be selected, I loved the diversity there is at the university and how advanced the applied psychology course is. I'm already a clinical psychologist here in my country I have an MA in clinical psychology but wanted to live an international experience and more training and I hope the university of hull would be where that would come true. May
Original post by mayzi
hi, I'm applying for the Clinical Applications of Psychology course I'm from Algeria and planning to come study in the UK, the university of hull caught my interest the most and I wanted to know if I met all the qualifications to be selected, I loved the diversity there is at the university and how advanced the applied psychology course is. I'm already a clinical psychologist here in my country I have an MA in clinical psychology but wanted to live an international experience and more training and I hope the university of hull would be where that would come true. May

Hi @mayzi

I would advise emailing [email protected] who will be able to advise you on entry requirements for the course.

Details about the course can be found here - https://www.hull.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/taught/clinicial-applications-of-psychology-msc

Emily
Student Rep
Original post by University of Hull
Hello everyone :wavey:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to the University of Hull for 2022!

We're so excited to meet you all, but until then, let's get to know each other a little better!

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?
What are you looking forward to about university?

Our friendly ambassador team will also be here to answer your questions about what it's like to study at Hull. :biggrin:

Hi, I'm Hannah and I'm currently doing a gap year. I'll be doing marine biology next year and I'm really looking forward to it. I studied Biology, geography and environmental science at A level. Hopefully I'll be staying in The Courtyard accommodation :smile:
Reply 5
Hi.
Anyone know when the interviews take place for the British Politics and Legislative Studies course?
Thanks
Reply 6
Original post by Bluetit1
Hi.
Anyone know when the interviews take place for the British Politics and Legislative Studies course?
Thanks

Based off previous students who I've spoken to, they give out interviews in December/January time.
Reply 7
Original post by adam1310
Based off previous students who I've spoken to, they give out interviews in December/January time.

Thank you šŸ˜Š
Original post by Energetic Grape
Hi, I'm Hannah and I'm currently doing a gap year. I'll be doing marine biology next year and I'm really looking forward to it. I studied Biology, geography and environmental science at A level. Hopefully I'll be staying in The Courtyard accommodation :smile:

Hi Hannah,

It's great you will be joining us! In the meantime, if you have any questions don't hesitate to get in touch. We also have Zara on our ask a student page, who is a current Marine Biology student, https://www.hull.ac.uk/study/ask-a-student , so I am sure she would love to chat with you too.

Good luck

Chris
University of Hull Student Ambassador
(edited 2 years ago)
hii, i've got an unconditional offer for primary teaching:smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by wanderlustele
hiii, i've applied for primary teaching (: studying combined english, music and geo A Levels

Hey @wanderlustele

Best of luck with your application! If you have any questions at all please feel free to ask!

Megan
University of Hull Student Rep
Hi, Iā€™m Abbie. I have an an unconditional offer to start adult nursing in September at Hull after taking a gap year šŸ˜Š
Unlikely to end up here (risky choice and I prefer smaller Universities). Looking at Primary Teaching (5-11) w/ Foundation Year.
Original post by abbieh1410
Hi, Iā€™m Abbie. I have an an unconditional offer to start adult nursing in September at Hull after taking a gap year šŸ˜Š

Hey @abbieh1410

Congratulations on your unconditional offer, I hope you enjoyed your gap year. We look forward to welcoming you in September!

Hey @ah6100tsr

I totally understand that you prefer smaller universities, we have a really lovely community vibe here at Hull as we are campus-based :smile: If you have any questions at all about student life, Hull (university or city) or anything else please do ask and we will do our best to help! Best of luck with your search and where you decide to study!

Megan
University of Hull Student Rep
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi, around what time could I expect an application response for a course starting in September 2022? Doesn't have to be exact, a range is fine as well. International student if that matters.
Hi Pelvisparsley

It would probably depend on the course, ie some courses have an interview, whereas others are based on your educational history and personal statement.

Let us know what course it is and we can try to find out for you, or the right person / team to contact.

Good luck

Chris
Original post by Uni of Hull Students
Hi Pelvisparsley

It would probably depend on the course, ie some courses have an interview, whereas others are based on your educational history and personal statement.

Let us know what course it is and we can try to find out for you, or the right person / team to contact.

Good luck

Chris

Hey Chris,

I applied for Advanced Computer Science (2022 September) intake.
Original post by pelvisparsley
Hey Chris,

I applied for Advanced Computer Science (2022 September) intake.

Hi pelvisparsley

I don't want to make a guess about time scales, as last year was very disrupted by a large amount of applicants. What I would do is email [email protected] or [email protected], and ask them what the projected timescale is for that course.

Hope that helps

Chris
Reply 18
Hi!
I'm hoping to start adult nursing šŸ¤ž I have my interview on Wednesday...send me good luck vibes!! X
Original post by Amy2028
Hi!
I'm hoping to start adult nursing šŸ¤ž I have my interview on Wednesday...send me good luck vibes!! X

hiya, i have applied to do ODP, good luck with your interview:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest