Can I get into medicine ?? With these gcse grades?

Watch
Ahmer khan
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
My results are

IT: 7
Design tech:7
English Lang:6
English lit:6
Maths:6
Science: 6-6
History:5
SyedN
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Ahmer khan)
My results are

I'm not too familiar with the foundation year at Leeds but for the A100 your GCSEs are scored with 3 points for an A* (9s/8s), 2 Points for an A (7) and 1 Point for a B (6). Your best bet would be to either ask Leeds University or create a FOI request to see what scores you need for the foundation year to be called for an interview.
Ahmer khan
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Got my results and I was so sad… I could have done much better.. I got 666665 ,got a 6 in English language and maths like must med schools want though. I also got two level 2 distinctions which are equal to grade 7s idk if they’ll count. Anyways . Have I got any chance ????
SyedN
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Got my results and I was so sad… I could have done much better.. I got 666665 ,got a 6 in English language and maths like must med schools want though. I also got two level 2 distinctions which are equal to grade 7s idk if they’ll count. Anyways . Have I got any chance ????
Firstly well done on your GCSE grades, yes you will be fine to apply to most med schools as long as you avoid GCSE heavy med schools like Leeds, Oxford and Cardiff.

Once you get your A Level predictions/results and a UCAT/BMAT score please post on the "Which Medical School Should I Apply To?" Thread and we will be able to best advise on where to apply.
Ahmer khan
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
My gcse are not the highest I got

6 in maths and English language and two 6s in science btw.

Should I stick to foundation year as I can get in with lower grades… or will it still be too competitive. (Ps. I can apply to foundation year as both my parents don’t have a degree)
SyedN
Rep:
Report 4 months ago

Should I stick to foundation year as I can get in with lower grades… or will it still be too competitive. (Ps. I can apply to foundation year as both my parents don’t have a degree)
You will have to check each university that you want to apply to and will need to meet more than just one point of their entry criteria because, as I'm sure you know, foundation years aren't open to everyone and you will need to meet a specific criteria for each uni to be considered.
Ahmer khan
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by SyedN)
You will have to check each university that you want to apply to and will need to meet more than just one point of their entry criteria because, as I'm sure you know, foundation years aren't open to everyone and you will need to meet a specific criteria for each uni to be considered.
Yes I meet the requirements
Ahmer khan
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
In year 12 atm, doing very well, but my gcse are 666665 I got a 6 in English Lang and maths as most med schools want. Do I have a chance to get into medicine if I hopefully get 3 A’s ?
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
In year 12 atm, doing very well, but my gcse are 666665 I got a 6 in English Lang and maths as most med schools want. Do I have a chance to get into medicine if I hopefully get 3 A’s ?
There's a thread for questions like yours: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5678544

And yes, you'll just need to avoid the "GCSE-heavy" med schools.

Once you have your UCAT score, post to https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=7102578 and we will advise you where to apply for your best chances.
Last edited by ecolier; 1 month ago
Ahmer khan
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I’m in year 12 ATM, I am taking biology,chemistry and psychology. Right now I am getting pretty good grades. I really want to apply to medicine, however my Gcse are not the best (666665). I did however get a 6 in English language and maths at GCSE.

Could I get some advice on where to apply? Also what work experience should I do? Thank you.
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
My results are

I’m in year 12 ATM, I am taking biology,chemistry and psychology. Right now I am getting pretty good grades. I really want to apply to medicine, however my Gcse are not the best (666665). I did however get a 6 in English language and maths at GCSE.

Could I get some advice on where to apply? Also what work experience should I do? Thank you.
This is the fifth time you asked this question. It's against TSR rules to make duplicate threads. Any problems with the answers above?

Or maybe you could post in the thread for your year group as recommended in the post above yours.

In terms of work experience, read and then post in https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6929328
Last edited by ecolier; 3 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (17)
7.17%
October 2021 (116)
48.95%
November 2021 (23)
9.7%
December 2021 (31)
13.08%
January 2021 (21)
8.86%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (22)
9.28%