A_J_B
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by keemran)
Thanks for the feedback, I think I'll keep thinking about it for now before fully deciding. Don't want to choose an option I've got no chance for. Do you think they'll look at any other favourable factors as my PS statement is quite solid and I have lots of of WE (3 years+), UCAT was 660 B1 and it seems that was below they're average for previous years. Sorry to keep bothering as I've just realised your probably replying to many applicants!
They do not assess the personal statement for interview like most other medical schools

"We do not use the personal statement as part of our selection process for interview. We
do not score the personal statement, but it will be assessed alongside the UCAS School
reference after interview and before offers are made"

https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/medicin...ons-policy.pdf
WishesReunited
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Double the VR score? I missed that. Can someone show me where please.
A_J_B
Rep:
?
(Original post by WishesReunited)
Double the VR score? I missed that. Can someone show me where please.
https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/medicin...n-process.aspx
WishesReunited
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you. Is this recent or am I just dumb in missing it. Sadly VR was my worst (680) so I only get to 120 points. Oh well.
A_J_B
Rep:
?
(Original post by WishesReunited)
Thank you. Is this recent or am I just dumb in missing it. Sadly VR was my worst (680) so I only get to 120 points. Oh well.
Yes this is the selection process they are using for this year
47thPresident
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Has anyone applied for "Elite Athlete" status and if so have you heard back? Like others, I am being pushed to select my Unis by school and book open days. But my score of 122 would be below their expected cut off so the elite route sounds good (I compete for Great Britain). Thanks
ddsffaf
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi, I did the points and got 126 do you think that would be good enough for Lincoln, I think I qualify for their contextual offer as well, as when I used their postcode checker it said that I could get a contextual offer, so would I have a lower cut off?
Tianad1233
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi, my overall score is 129- is it risky to apply to notts for 2022 entry?
Yuzmah
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
hi guys, did anyone here get a score of around 113 for nottingham?
Joni66
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Yuzmah)
hi guys, did anyone here get a score of around 113 for nottingham?
I believe the scoring system has completely changed this year so not comparable at all. Can’t recall exactly but scores last year were in the region of 46-50 something
annawake
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Any grads thinking of applying to A100? If so what is your calculated UCAT score? No idea what the interview cut off will be out of 120
ax_lx
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
hiya!
i am a reapplicant to medicine and im on a gap year and would just like some advice on where to apply for 2022 entry

my gcse's are the following :
6 9's - Bio,Chem,History, Georgraphy, Religious Studies and English Literature.
2 7's - English Language & Maths
2 6's - Physics and Spanish.

my a- levels are :
Biology - A
Psychology - A
Chemistry - B( CAG 2020) A (after resist in 2021 as I did the autumn exam in 2020 which counts as a first sit and got a B in it.)

UCAT is as follows
Total Score - 2420
VR- 640
DM -620
QR - 620
AR - 540
SJT - Band 1

I have calculated my scorw to be 127 so should I apply to nottingham or lincoln??
Claihb
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by 47thPresident)
Has anyone applied for "Elite Athlete" status and if so have you heard back? Like others, I am being pushed to select my Unis by school and book open days. But my score of 122 would be below their expected cut off so the elite route sounds good (I compete for Great Britain). Thanks

Yes - we have applied for and been granted an elite athlete flag = fast track to interview

However Ucat is average and band 2 so I am worried about how this will all play out when they add up interview scores and decide who to offer to as I feel I will be at a disadvantage
Chironn
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by annawake)
Any grads thinking of applying to A100? If so what is your calculated UCAT score? No idea what the interview cut off will be out of 120
Hey I am! My score atm is 98/120 (sjt band 1 coming through in the clutch)

I have a 1st in Biomed (achieved) so I don't think I need meet any GCSE/alevel requirements.
what's your score like?
s_devi
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
i’m reapplying with
6 grade 9s
1 grade 8
2 grade 7s
and 1 grade 6
my ucat was 2960 (vr 640 dm 760 qr 760 ar 800 band 1)

so my points add up to 135/152 but everyone in this thread seems to think the cut off with be over 130 so is it too risky for me to apply? :/
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by s_devi)
i’m reapplying with
6 grade 9s
1 grade 8
2 grade 7s
and 1 grade 6
my ucat was 2960 (vr 640 dm 760 qr 760 ar 800 band 1)

so my points add up to 135/152 but everyone in this thread seems to think the cut off with be over 130 so is it too risky for me to apply? :/
I think you will be fine
Chironn
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I’ve just read through the whole thread.
The thing is, only 16% achieved sjt band 1- and say that that statistic remains and by the end of the testing cycle, 5919 applicants have achieved band 1. No way are they all applying to Nottingham? I don’t think it would be realistic for Notts to have a cut off of 130
Budkap
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Chironn)
The thing is, only 16% achieved sjt band 1- and say that that statistic remains and by the end of the testing cycle, 5919 applicants have achieved band 1. No way are they all applying to Nottingham? I don’t think it would be realistic for Notts to have a cut off of 130
Makes sense!
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Chironn)
See, if I had a B1, UCAT in the 2400-2500s and mostly 9s and 8s at GCSE (and with grade inflation, many have this), Nottingham is exactly where I would apply (and QUB!), as that B1 means I can score hundreds less in UCAT than somebody with the same GCSEs and still out score them on Nottingham’s shortlisting process (I worked out could be up to 700 less at UCAT if score fell right).

You can make 130 up from 2440 UCAT, 6 x 9s and 2 x 8s plus a B1.
A B2 would need all 9s and 2900+ UCAT and still score lower!

I am not saying the cut off will be 130, but it is what I would want to feel safe, with the inflated GCSE scores around and the wide banding for scoring UCAT. I actually suspect you will be able to drop a few GCSEs from that, but Nottingham have always attracted those with good stats. Just depends if they all realise the power of a B1 this year!
barksdale_
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
See, if I had a B1, UCAT in the 2400-2500s and mostly 9s and 8s at GCSE (and with grade inflation, many have this), Nottingham is exactly where I would apply (and QUB!), as that B1 means I can score hundreds less in UCAT than somebody with the same GCSEs and still out score them on Nottingham’s shortlisting process (I worked out could be up to 700 less at UCAT if score fell right).

You can make 130 up from 2440 UCAT, 6 x 9s and 2 x 8s plus a B1.
A B2 would need all 9s and 2900+ UCAT and still score lower!

I am not saying the cut off will be 130, but it is what I would want to feel safe, with the inflated GCSE scores around and the wide banding for scoring UCAT. I actually suspect you will be able to drop a few GCSEs from that, but Nottingham have always attracted those with good stats. Just depends if they all realise the power of a B1 this year!
GANFYD I love you man but reading this made me even more confused. I don't want to risk it this year. I'm applying for the second time this year. I got 117 points and I'm B1. It's crazy that they don't give us enough information. I have 77 percent of the points. When I look at it like this It seems great but I'm still not sure.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (47)
13.43%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (93)
26.57%
I'm a bit unsure (61)
17.43%
I'm finding things difficult (119)
34%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (30)
8.57%

Watched Threads