Justamamma
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
It is hard to be sure, but there has not been a lot of movement on Birmingham deciles between years, generally, and 20 points would be quite a lot.
I would also have hoped 132 will be safe for Nottingham, so she should choose the one she likes best, where there is no clear pointer one way or the other.
Thanks so much. I really appreciate the advice.
Incunabula
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Where is the best place to park near the campus?
taxonomy.
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
do you need to be in both the school list and polar 3 to be classed as contextual or just one
Ambiguous Super
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi guys, this is a general question which I would really like an honest answer to.

If I didn’t get all 9s at GCSE and have a few 7s and 8s and one 6, do you think I would have a chance of getting into UoB for medicine?

Please do reply thank you!
GANFYD
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by taxonomy.)
do you need to be in both the school list and polar 3 to be classed as contextual or just one
You need to be on the school list, your Polar quintile just decides how many points you get
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Ambiguous Super)
Hi guys, this is a general question which I would really like an honest answer to.

If I didn’t get all 9s at GCSE and have a few 7s and 8s and one 6, do you think I would have a chance of getting into UoB for medicine?

Please do reply thank you!
Birmingham score 5 core GCSEs and two extra. Depending on your contextual points, and UCAT, you can possibly drop a grade on one or two of these
Ambiguous Super
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Birmingham score 5 core GCSEs and two extra. Depending on your contextual points, and UCAT, you can possibly drop a grade on one or two of these
Thanks for letting me know, Hope I get in!!!
Ambiguous Super
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Ambiguous Super)
Thanks for letting me know, Hope I get in!!!
Sorry wanted to add something else, not sure if im allowed to ask but I think I should, what gcses do i required to apply for the A2B scheme?
Sloth_Roman
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I dont really understand the point system - how many would I have with these results?

GCSEs 9999999997 (the 7 is in economics)
UCAT 2760 B1
TSR_145
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi
I’ve just seen that University of Birmingham has raised their entry requirements for medicine to A*AA. Should we be worried about this? Also will other medical schools follow along and raise their entry requirements?
dinomedic
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by TSR_145)
Hi
I’ve just seen that University of Birmingham has raised their entry requirements for medicine to A*AA. Should we be worried about this? Also will other medical schools follow along and raise their entry requirements?
i dont think anyone needs to worry, just dont apply if you are unlikely to meet the offer. and i dont think other schools will necessarily follow
yara56394484
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I got 11A*s at GCSE and 2820 Band 2. Predicted A*A*A*, however I score no contextual points. Despite these stats, if you go to a grammar or private school, will you have a good chance of an Interview with these stats?
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by yara56394484)
I got 11A*s at GCSE and 2820 Band 2. Predicted A*A*A*, however I score no contextual points. Despite these stats, if you go to a grammar or private school, will you have a good chance of an Interview with these stats?
You should interview, but Birmingham are using SJT as 25% of interview score, so you have lost points before starting with a B2
yara56394484
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You should interview, but Birmingham are using SJT as 25% of interview score, so you have lost points before starting with a B2
Thankyou so much!!
GuessName
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Is the 25% SJT thing new for this year? If not, what scores are given for different bands?
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by GuessName)
Is the 25% SJT thing new for this year? If not, what scores are given for different bands?
It is all on their website
Rob8123
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi

I score 7.658 according to their calc - assuming a 7th Decile 2.33 score for my 2690 UCAT, and inc contextual (school and Polar)
I will call them to confirm my calc, tmrw

Is this score a risk or worth a go - any idea?

id be keen as a got a STJ band 1 that i understand my help me in the interview aspect - if i get that far.

Thoughts??
A_J_B
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Rob8123)
Hi

I score 7.658 according to their calc - assuming a 7th Decile 2.33 score for my 2690 UCAT, and inc contextual (school and Polar)
I will call them to confirm my calc, tmrw

Is this score a risk or worth a go - any idea?

id be keen as a got a STJ band 1 that i understand my help me in the interview aspect - if i get that far.

Thoughts??
7.658 should be fine, and yes the band 1 would be very advantageous
GuessName
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It is all on their website
Ah ok thanks I must have missed that section. Found it now.
Rob8123
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by e-m-m)
yes, thanks!
Can i sanity check how you got your score e-m-m ?
i got my calc to be 7.655, based on
22 in gcse = 4.125
Ucat 2690 = 2.33
Context school based on State school and Quintile 4 = 1.2

PS
I think im following you around the forum a little as i also got v similar results - 2690 and STJ 1. Local Comp and Polar Quintile 4 for me.
Also looking QUB, Cardiff (im from Wales), Plymouth + 1 more...TBC
Last edited by Rob8123; 2 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (47)
13.51%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (93)
26.72%
I'm a bit unsure (61)
17.53%
I'm finding things difficult (117)
33.62%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (30)
8.62%

Watched Threads