ella-mentary, my dear watson - a y12 gyg thread

Watch
LovingLucy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you do one you’ll do better than me I dropped out of mine before it started as I was going through a really tough time so I was worried about stress
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ellatudier)
also my first post has been flagged for moderation so i've just realised none of you can see it! so for now, I'll copy and paste it into here so you can see until it's been approved!

i must admit, the title is literally the first title i could think of, i've never seen any of the masters of the universe franchise but i was thinking about she-ra for some reason, i may change it soon (if you have any suggestions please let me know! the struggle of choosing a blog name is REAL)

(stick with me whilst i get the thread set up)

hello hello! welcome to my y12 gyg thread, i shall be updating shortly!

my name is ella (she/they), i'm autistic, i'm starting year 12 this september, and for someone attempting to juggle so many subjects, time management really is not my forte. at all. so the main purpose of this gyg thread is to hopefully make sure I manage my time well, or at least much better than my current track record...

gcses
these actually went pretty well, my attendance in year 11 was around 33% due to long term illness so despite being predicted straight 8s/9s, and knowing that in a "normal" year, i may have been able to have attained them, i am actually really proud of myself for getting what i did get!
maths : 9
product design : 9
french : 9 + distinction
history : 8
physics : 8
biology : 8
compsci : 8
sociology : 8
english lit : 7
chemistry : 7
psychology : 7
(and the english language grade (6 + merit) that we don't mention)

a levels
ok so my subjects... i had a little bit of a crisis when picking these because i was already set on my options, then all of them somehow managed to fall into the same option block at school? so i had to completely reconsider, but i think i might actually be happier with my new options!
aqa english language
ocr religious studies
aqa sociology
ocr law
aqa product design
+ an epq
in an ideal world i would love to get six a*s (well, who wouldn't?), but we will have to see how it goes and i will update you when i get the inevitable shock of how difficult a levels actually are

anyway!! I will shush now and put any future ramblings in an update! let me know if you have any interest in being tagged!!

ella x
ive approved the op so it should show up for everyone now- do tag me if you have an issue with posts being approved in study help!
gl for this year!
ellatudier
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by absolutelysprout)
ive approved the op so it should show up for everyone now- do tag me if you have an issue with posts being approved in study help!
gl for this year!
thank you so much!!
LovingLucy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ellatudier)
thank you so much!!
So firstly I love this blog
Secondly as someone who’s going into year 13 and has done the first year I would like to give you full credit for taking 5 a levels as that’s going to be hard but if you like the subjects you’ll be fine.
one piece of advice I will give though is balance your subjects out as last year I focused on one subject and in my other two I didn’t improve my grade from the start of the year, that’s also my goal for this year is balance. Also if in your first benchmark or exam your grade isn’t as good as you want it to be don’t worry as you’ll find most people do drop a grade in the first one as they’re getting used to it again and still getting used to the style of the content
englishhopeful98
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
can i be tagged please?
would like to follow your progress
Wise Goldie
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yeh what a great title i wonder where she got this idea

also i confusing 2 ellas

maybe you can be ella 1 and this person ella 2
Wise Goldie
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
oh nn not another name to remeber lol

hello tina
ellatudier
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
if you wanted to steal it back (i’m pretty sure the suggestion was intended for you!!) i’m happy to swap!!
Bubbles_1234
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Omg ellaaaaaa long time no see
How have you been???
How have you found year 12 so far?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (310)
57.84%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (76)
14.18%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (59)
11.01%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (45)
8.4%
I haven't started researching yet (26)
4.85%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
3.73%

Watched Threads