University of Liverpool A100 2022 entry

Watch this thread
A_J_B
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Welcome to the University of Liverpool A100 2022 Entry Discussion.
Name:  OIP (1).jpg
Views: 599
Size:  8.9 KB
Liverpool A100 2021 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6560734

Liverpool A100 2020 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6022568

For general information click: https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/study/un...bchb/overview/

For entry requirements click: https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/study/un...-requirements/

Liverpool A100 / A101 2022 Offer Holders' thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=7188653

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!
Last edited by ecolier; 4 months ago
stevo000
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 months ago
Hello. I am considering applying to Liverpool in 2022. I have had a look at the entry requirements and have calculated my GCSE score to be worth 18 points. I was not able to perform well on my UCAT due to technical issues but have a note from UCAT themselves acknowledging my circumstance. I was curious as to whether the GCSE and UCAT points are added together or they are considered Separately. Also does anyone know what the cut-off point was last year or where I can find this info. Thanks very much!
uniaspirant
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Hi All
Does anyone have the UCAT scoring system from last year please, as this page is no longer available on the Liverpool's website
stevo000
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by uniaspirant)
Hi All
Does anyone have the UCAT scoring system from last year please, as this page is no longer available on the Liverpool's website
I wasnt able to find it either
rke7241
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by stevo000)
I wasnt able to find it either
they've changed their method of selection for interview for 2022 entry, we will now be ranked by our ucat scores. link below!

https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/media/li...supplement.pdf
stevo000
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by rke7241)
they've changed their method of selection for interview for 2022 entry, we will now be ranked by our ucat scores. link below!

I got a score of 2420 sjt band 2. Do you think its worth applying?
rke7241
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by stevo000)
I got a score of 2420 sjt band 2. Do you think its worth applying?
it's hard to say. I think (dont quote me on this lol) for 2019 and 2020 entry they ranked people by their ucat scores too, and a competitive score in the 2018-19 admissions cycle was 2420; the score in 2019-20 was 2400.
stevo000
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by rke7241)
it's hard to say. I think (dont quote me on this lol) for 2019 and 2020 entry they ranked people by their ucat scores too, and a competitive score in the 2018-19 admissions cycle was 2420; the score in 2019-20 was 2400.
Oh okay, thanks for your help!
MedMom
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
UCAT 2740, Band 2

Predicted A levels AAA

EPQ - Grade Awaited

GCSE - Maths 8, Physics 8, Bio 8, Chem 9, Eng Lang 6,

Work Exp - Not much except 2 online courses, Few weeks of Covid vaccination centre

Home student

What are chances to get interview and an offer?
A_J_B
Rep:
(Original post by MedMom)
UCAT 2740, Band 2

Predicted A levels AAA

EPQ - Grade Awaited

GCSE - Maths 8, Physics 8, Bio 8, Chem 9, Eng Lang 6,

Work Exp - Not much except 2 online courses, Few weeks of Covid vaccination centre

Home student

What are chances to get interview and an offer?
Liverpool is ranking based on UCAT this year-I think 2740 should be good enough
MedMom
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by A_J_B)
Liverpool is ranking based on UCAT this year-I think 2740 should be good enough
This score will be 8th or high 7 percentile, do you think if its ranking based on UCAT , it is slightly risky to apply?
A_J_B
Rep:
(Original post by MedMom)
This score will be 8th or high 7 percentile, do you think if its ranking based on UCAT , it is slightly risky to apply?
When they used to rank based on UCAT before, a competitive score used to be around 2500-I don't think it will jump to +2700
MedMom
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by A_J_B)
When they used to rank based on UCAT before, a competitive score used to be around 2500-I don't think it will jump to +2700
Thanks
zigs71
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Hi, I've short-listed Liverpool as one of my choices but wondered if anyone know what the post-interview selection criteria consists of. I've emailed the admissions team, looked on TSR and the university website, but can't see it. Thanks, any information would be much appreciated.
WTSBLG
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Hi, from what I've gathered, they're using UCAT to rank applicants rather than their old scoring system, will they still use it for GCSEs or has that been changed too? Thanks
ksmpelek
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
I got 2650 B2 in UCAT, is it worth applying to Liverpool
libero
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
ive heard liverpool has the lowest mrcp pass rates and has poor support from tutors and advisors. would a liverpool medical student address this? much appreciated!
vagarwal
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
IS it right that Liverpool is using only UCAT score to shortlist?
A_J_B
Rep:
(Original post by vagarwal)
Primarily ranking based on UCAT, but in tiebreaker situations they would see who meets/exceeds minimum GCSE requirements
"For non-graduate applicants
applying to the A100 programme, preference may be given to applicants offering higher
GCSE scores if borderline decisions need to be made"

GANFYD
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by vagarwal)
What does it say on their website?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (28)
19.31%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (35)
24.14%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (75)
51.72%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
4.83%

Watched Threads