University of Liverpool A100 2022 entry

Watch this thread
GANFYD
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by OmarHam3d)
so it is a small risk - is that what you are saying?
Entry year 2021 2020 2019
Total places available 280 309 280
Total applicants 3154 2824 2787
Total interviews 1855 2056 1928
Total offers made 546 923 1060

We don't know what Liverpool's cut off will be this year. There are a lot of factors that affect this, eg how many deferred places they have used, how they are treating CAGs resits, how over-subscribed they ended up last year, whether they decide to interview more, or fewer people, what the UCAT deciles look like.

As you can see from the figures I have posted, Liverpool cut down how many they interviewed a little bit last year, but early halved their offers from 2 years ago. They may decide to stick to the same number of interviews and offers - giving a bit lower cut off, but an interview to pffer ratio of <30%, or they may decide to half the number of interviews and keep the interview to offer ratio up above 50%, or they may do a bit of both.

The biggest influence on cut offs is how many interviews are offered, as more people interviewed means they keep counting down the UCAT scores. And we don't know this (though I would like to be a fly on the wall in their Admissions Office!).
Liverpool are traditionally at the lower end of the UCAT unis, in terms of cut off. It has varied from 2400 to 2560 in recent years, but I feel a lot of people with 2700+ UCATs are going to be put off applying to Bristol, Newcastle, Glasgow, St Andrews, Sheffeild, possibly SOuthampton, SGUL, Manchester, because of last year's high cut offs and concern they may go up - if you have 2700, you are under all bar 3 of those cut offs last year, and very close to 2 of the remaining ones - so they are going to look to the next tier of UCAT cut offs down to apply. So that is Liverpool, ARU, Plymouth, Edge Hill, UEA, hence I think these cut offs may well go up. But how far they go up depends on the number of applicants, the number of interviews and all the other things mentioned above.

Sadly, for people with lower UCAT scores this year (and I am talking 2600s, that normally would have lots of choice), it is not going to be a case of asking if it is safe to apply somewhere, but having to choose several risky options (as there is nothing more secure) and hope
GANFYD
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 months ago
Could you please inform me of the cutoff of last year. I don't think they have released this info but I think you may have an idea based on who got offered an interview last year
They scored applications totally differently last year, with GCSEs making up 75% of scoring. I am guessing the CAGs grade inflation put them off that idea!
A_J_B
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Could you please inform me of the cutoff of last year. I don't think they have released this info but I think you may have an idea based on who got offered an interview last year
Last year they used a totally different selection process-they were GCSE heavy
OmarHam3d
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by A_J_B)
Last year they used a totally different selection process-they were GCSE heavy
And before last year they would have been UCAT only as well?
GANFYD
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
And before last year they would have been UCAT only as well?
The year before, Liverpool used GSCEs and UCAT, with a primarily UCAT cut off at the first stage, similar to this year, but post interview, those with higher GCSE scores were given preference for an offer, being in a different group to those with lower GCSE scores. This means people with low GCSEs and high UCATs are likely to have been put off applying.
OmarHam3d
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
The year before, Liverpool used GSCEs and UCAT, with a primarily UCAT cut off at the first stage, similar to this year, but post interview, those with higher GCSE scores were given preference for an offer, being in a different group to those with lower GCSE scores. This means people with low GCSEs and high UCATs are likely to have been put off applying.
Thanks for your reply,
Let me ask you, what do you think would be a safer option of the two: applying to exeter with a score of 90 or to liverpool with a ucat of 2500 and very good GCSEs - not to say any are safe but which would be safer
GANFYD
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Thanks for your reply,
Let me ask you, what do you think would be a safer option of the two: applying to exeter with a score of 90 or to liverpool with a ucat of 2500 and very good GCSEs - not to say any are safe but which would be safer
I really do not know, as it depends on factors we do not know - how many interviews are planned, primarily. So maybe try asking them that?
Otherwise, choose the one you like best!
OmarHam3d
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
I really do not know, as it depends on factors we do not know - how many interviews are planned, primarily. So maybe try asking them that?
Otherwise, choose the one you like best!
But you wouldn't go as far as saying there is no hope in both for me?
GANFYD
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
But you wouldn't go as far as saying there is no hope in both for me?
Nope
godsservant1
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Hello!
Could A_J_Bor anyone help me in deciding whether these stats would get me an interview at Liverpool for the A100 course.
I’m applying as a Home applicant and this is my first time applying to uni.

GCSEs:
Grade 9 x4: Biology, Business, Religious Studies, Geography
Grade 8 x5: Chemistry, English Language, English Literature, Maths, Physics
Grade 7 x1: French

A Level Predicted Grades:
Maths- A*
Chemistry- A*
Biology- A

UCAT scores:
Verbal Reasoning: 610
Decision Making: 750
Quantitative Reasoning: 830
Abstract Reasoning: 670
Total Cognitive Score: 2860
SJT Band 2

Widening Participation: I attend a state run selective grammar school, so I don’t think I qualify for any contextual or WP considerations

Work Experience: Medic Life and Pre Med projects virtual work experiences
Volunteering at COVID vaccination clinics
Volunteering at Intermediate Care centres as a Drinks and Tea Server
Volunteer at Dementia Speciality Care home
Volunteer at Barnardos Charity store
Brighton and Sussex Medical School Interactive course
Moocs

Universities I’m interested in:
At the minute, I’m considering as I live nearby and I have seen the city and I like it.
I’m not sure whether my UCAT is high enough for Liverpool.
Would my Band 2 in SJT affect me in any way when being selected for interview at Liverpool?

Also, when universities like Liverpool say they have a cut off point for interview selection based on UCAT scores of the candidates, does that mean they invite every applicant who has a UCAT score higher than the cut off or do they start ranking applicants who have exceeded the cut off point?

Any help would be much appreciated!
GANFYD
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by godsservant1)
Hello!
Could A_J_Bor anyone help me in deciding whether these stats would get me an interview at Liverpool for the A100 course.
I’m applying as a Home applicant and this is my first time applying to uni.

GCSEs:
Grade 9 x4: Biology, Business, Religious Studies, Geography
Grade 8 x5: Chemistry, English Language, English Literature, Maths, Physics
Grade 7 x1: French

A Level Predicted Grades:
Maths- A*
Chemistry- A*
Biology- A

UCAT scores:
Verbal Reasoning: 610
Decision Making: 750
Quantitative Reasoning: 830
Abstract Reasoning: 670
Total Cognitive Score: 2860
SJT Band 2

Widening Participation: I attend a state run selective grammar school, so I don’t think I qualify for any contextual or WP considerations

Work Experience: Medic Life and Pre Med projects virtual work experiences
Volunteering at COVID vaccination clinics
Volunteering at Intermediate Care centres as a Drinks and Tea Server
Volunteer at Dementia Speciality Care home
Volunteer at Barnardos Charity store
Brighton and Sussex Medical School Interactive course
Moocs

Universities I’m interested in:
At the minute, I’m considering as I live nearby and I have seen the city and I like it.
I’m not sure whether my UCAT is high enough for Liverpool.
Would my Band 2 in SJT affect me in any way when being selected for interview at Liverpool?

Also, when universities like Liverpool say they have a cut off point for interview selection based on UCAT scores of the candidates, does that mean they invite every applicant who has a UCAT score higher than the cut off or do they start ranking applicants who have exceeded the cut off point?

Any help would be much appreciated!
Also likely to be fine
But where do you live that is near to both Liverpool and Bristol?? :lol:
studentLuna
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Hi,
Just wanted to check - this year they will be ranking applicants based on their UCAT and then moving to stage 2 - of meeting or exceeded minimum academic criteria (GCSEs).
With a UCAT of 2530 band 2 and 18 points + WP.
How likely is it to get an interview this year?

Although I do understand that the cut off will rise and it’s hard to predict as there are many other factors. I’m just trying to narrow my choices with advice from the experts! Thank you in advance!
xivst
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
can anyone who got an interview last year say what score out of 108 they got in order to receive the interview invitation?
XHannahR
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by xivst)
can anyone who got an interview last year say what score out of 108 they got in order to receive the interview invitation?
Cut off was 94.5 if I remember that correctly. It should be noted that they have changed their method of selection this year though.
xivst
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by XHannahR)
Cut off was 94.5 if I remember that correctly. It should be noted that they have changed their method of selection this year though.
how is the method happening this year if you wouldn't mind telling me?
XHannahR
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by xivst)
Details are on their website..I’ve not been keeping track of them but as far as I’m aware I think they’re ranking by ucat score
A_J_B
Rep:
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by xivst)
They are primarily ranking based on UCAT and only using GCSEs to tiebreak
https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/media/li...supplement.pdf
xivst
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Gcse's
Maths 8
Rs 8
Bio 8
DT 8
Chem 7
physics 7
english lit 7
english lang 7
geography 7
history 7
further maths 6

Predicted
Bio A*
Chem A*
Maths A*

UCAT
2620 sjt band 2
vr 530
dm 710
Qr 710
Ar 670
AVG: 655

No contextuals

I was wondering if it would be smart to apply to liverpool with these stats
Coolkingz
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by xivst)
Gcse's
Maths 8
Rs 8
Bio 8
DT 8
Chem 7
physics 7
english lit 7
english lang 7
geography 7
history 7
further maths 6

Predicted
Bio A*
Chem A*
Maths A*

UCAT
2620 sjt band 2
vr 530
dm 710
Qr 710
Ar 670
AVG: 655

No contextuals

I was wondering if it would be smart to apply to liverpool with these stats
Well you do meet the minimum GCSEs entry requirements points total (I think you have 20?, minimum is 15). Of course it's hard to say what the UCAT cutoff will be, maybe it will be easier to speculate after the interim deciles are released on Friday. Where else are you applying to?
xivst
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Coolkingz)
Well you do meet the minimum GCSEs entry requirements points total (I think you have 20?, minimum is 15). Of course it's hard to say what the UCAT cutoff will be, maybe it will be easier to speculate after the interim deciles are released on Friday. Where else are you applying to?
was thinking of applying to ARU, UEA and maybe exeter if i get a score of 95 (which is unlikely) in which case i would apply to plymouth
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (29)
17.68%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (41)
25%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (85)
51.83%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (9)
5.49%

Watched Threads