University of Liverpool A100 2022 entry

Watch this thread
Coolkingz
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by xivst)
was thinking of applying to ARU, UEA and maybe exeter if i get a score of 95 (which is unlikely) in which case i would apply to plymouth
It seems we have pretty similar picks haha. I like the ARU choice!
xivst
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Coolkingz)
It seems we have pretty similar picks haha. I like the ARU choice!
yh I was looking at all the unis and i dont have quite a good ucat score so i was just trying toraise my chances of getting an interview
anon123456789!
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Hi I’ve got 2670 band 3 sjt. A levels are A*AA and GCSEs are 988888876 is it worth applying to Liverpool?
Coolkingz
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by xivst)
yh I was looking at all the unis and i dont have quite a good ucat score so i was just trying toraise my chances of getting an interview
Yeah it's good that you're applying strategically, that was my downfall last year!
Coolkingz
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by anon123456789!)
Hi I’ve got 2670 band 3 sjt. A levels are A*AA and GCSEs are 988888876 is it worth applying to Liverpool?
You meet the minimum GCSE entry requirements (your score is 17 and the minimum needed is 15 if I'm not mistaken), and I think your UCAT has a good chance of getting an interview. Of course I'm not an expert though, but if I were you, I would consider applying here for sure.
Jhunna
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Hi, Do you think SJT band 3 and GCSE grades of 2*9,3*8,3*7,2*6 will be a disadvantage to me when applying to Liverpool with a UCAT score of 2930?When they say (Overall score and Situational Judgement Test/Home Students) it would not mean that people with higher bands get preference over the score.
anon123456789!
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Coolkingz)
You meet the minimum GCSE entry requirements (your score is 17 and the minimum needed is 15 if I'm not mistaken), and I think your UCAT has a good chance of getting an interview. Of course I'm not an expert though, but if I were you, I would consider applying here for sure.
Thanks!
xivst
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
when it says that a ucat score of 605 in 2019 was a 'competitive' score, what does that quite mean?
sorry if its a bit of a clear question but I just want to make sure
Hadriojon
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
GANFYD and becausethenight
Is it not worth applying to Liverpool with these stats. Give me the honest truth, trust my feelings don’t get hurt.
Gcse-9999999776 6 in English lang
A level predicted- 3 a stars
Ucat- 2550 band 2
imaqines
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Hi

would i be able to apply to liverpool with ucat of 2590 b3 and gcses 9888877776

thanks <3
Hadriojon
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Hadriojon)
GANFYD and becausethenight
Is it not worth applying to Liverpool with these stats. Give me the honest truth, trust my feelings don’t get hurt.
Gcse-9999999776 6 in English lang
A level predicted- 3 a stars
Ucat- 2550 band 2
GANFYD and becausethenight I know u guys are busy but please if ur free help me out here. Thanks guys
A_J_B
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by imaqines)
Hi

would i be able to apply to liverpool with ucat of 2590 b3 and gcses 9888877776

thanks <3
When they used to use UCAT to rank before, their cutoffs used to be around mid 2400s. I think it will definitely rise this year but hopefully it would be ok-there will be an element of risk though
Last edited by A_J_B; 10 months ago
GANFYD
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Hadriojon)
GANFYD and becausethenight I know u guys are busy but please if ur free help me out here. Thanks guys
I think the traditionally lower UCAT requirement med schools are going to get squeezed by applicants who are too nervous to apply to the traditionally higher UCAT requirement med schools due to recent high cut offs.
Somebody with 2750-2850 would often take a punt on Newcastle, Bristol or Glasgow. They may well look at what was needed last year and apply to Manchester, Southampton, Sheffield, SGUL, and the people with 2570-2700 may well now look at Manchester, Southampton, SGUL and Sheffield and decide to apply to Liverpool, Edge Hill, ARU, Plymouth and UEA. So it is a domino effect downwards, and I think the highest requirement schools may see cut offs come down a little, and the usually lowest scoring schools see them go up. How much, I don't know, as there are so many things it depends on that we don't know - applicant numbers, deciles, number of places used by deferrals and held for TAGs resitters, and mainly number of interviews to be held.

I think the hierarchy of scores needed will remain similar - Bristol, Newcastle, Glasgow (and St Andrews, who did seem to jump up a tier), then Sheffield, Manchester, Southampton, SGUL, then Liverpool, Edge Hill, ARU, Plymouth, UEA, but what the boundaries/spread for each will be, I have no idea.

If we look at ARU, it stayed pretty similar last year, at about 2430 for non-local applicants, but UEA seemed to be in the 2600s, Plymouth used A levels to cut down numbers. Sheffield went up 80 points, SGUL 140. I suspect Manchester to sit somewhere around those two, now they have removed their top third UCAT interview pledge, and think the lower UCAT requirement unis are likely to be mid 2500s. But I don't know that, and as I say, depends mostly on applicant numbers (likely to be up) and interview numbers (who knows). Most med schools have not released last year's cut offs/figures yet, and I assume it is because they are afraid it will put people off. They may, therefore, decide to interview more people than usual this year, to keep cut offs down. But this then wrecks interview to offer ratios (Liverpool's was pretty low last year).

So to answer your question, it is not so much is it worth applying to Liverpool, but rather do you have other options that are safer? I am not sure there are many options for those with what are not really lower UCATs, but are going to appear that way in this crazy cycle? I think Liverpool will have one of the lower UCAT cut offs, but med schools may decide to interview more, or fewer, people for various reasons, which will influence this, and I do not know which way they will go!
Rozh11
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
guys do you think I have a good chance at getting an interview?

I am widening participation and meet a number of the criteria,

Achieved A-levels- A*A*A*A
GCSEs- 8877Dn66Merit5 + extenuating circumstances
UCAT- 2590 B1 (might need to resit as I had tech issues, but they still haven't gotten back to me since the 26th of august)
plenty of work experience

thanks
future_11
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
GCSE's: 98887777766
UCAT: 2570 band 2

Worth applying to Liverpool?? Or is it too risky
zigs71
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
I think the traditionally lower UCAT requirement med schools are going to get squeezed by applicants who are too nervous to apply to the traditionally higher UCAT requirement med schools due to recent high cut offs.
Somebody with 2750-2850 would often take a punt on Newcastle, Bristol or Glasgow. They may well look at what was needed last year and apply to Manchester, Southampton, Sheffield, SGUL, and the people with 2570-2700 may well now look at Manchester, Southampton, SGUL and Sheffield and decide to apply to Liverpool, Edge Hill, ARU, Plymouth and UEA. So it is a domino effect downwards, and I think the highest requirement schools may see cut offs come down a little, and the usually lowest scoring schools see them go up. How much, I don't know, as there are so many things it depends on that we don't know - applicant numbers, deciles, number of places used by deferrals and held for TAGs resitters, and mainly number of interviews to be held.

I think the hierarchy of scores needed will remain similar - Bristol, Newcastle, Glasgow (and St Andrews, who did seem to jump up a tier), then Sheffield, Manchester, Southampton, SGUL, then Liverpool, Edge Hill, ARU, Plymouth, UEA, but what the boundaries/spread for each will be, I have no idea.

If we look at ARU, it stayed pretty similar last year, at about 2430 for non-local applicants, but UEA seemed to be in the 2600s, Plymouth used A levels to cut down numbers. Sheffield went up 80 points, SGUL 140. I suspect Manchester to sit somewhere around those two, now they have removed their top third UCAT interview pledge, and think the lower UCAT requirement unis are likely to be mid 2500s. But I don't know that, and as I say, depends mostly on applicant numbers (likely to be up) and interview numbers (who knows). Most med schools have not released last year's cut offs/figures yet, and I assume it is because they are afraid it will put people off. They may, therefore, decide to interview more people than usual this year, to keep cut offs down. But this then wrecks interview to offer ratios (Liverpool's was pretty low last year).

So to answer your question, it is not so much is it worth applying to Liverpool, but rather do you have other options that are safer? I am not sure there are many options for those with what are not really lower UCATs, but are going to appear that way in this crazy cycle? I think Liverpool will have one of the lower UCAT cut offs, but med schools may decide to interview more, or fewer, people for various reasons, which will influence this, and I do not know which way they will go!
Excellent reading of the situation.

Another factor that may come into play - which I don't think has been mentioned on this thread - is that the September BMAT exam has been cancelled, meaning anyone applying to those 7 BMAT universities will be applying blind. That will definitely deter people, meaning even more pressure on UCAT universities.
davideg
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
I don't know that, and as I say, depends mostly on applicant numbers (likely to be up)
If the number of people taking UCAT jumps from 32,000 to 34,000 then all other things being equal (same bell curve, which looks to be the case given the interim results) then a 2500 cut off university will cut off at 2550 this year using UCAT scoring alone.
zigs71
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by davideg)
If the number of people taking UCAT jumps from 32,000 to 34,000 then all other things being equal (same bell curve, which looks to be the case given the interim results) then a 2500 cut off university will cut off at 2550 this year using UCAT scoring alone.
It's actually going from 34k to an anticipated 37k... so a little higher than that.
GANFYD
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by davideg)
It is the “all other things being equal” that we do not have the answer to!
More or fewer interviews, for any number of reasons, is likely to be a key factor 😊
urbestfriend
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by xivst)
can anyone who got an interview last year say what score out of 108 they got in order to receive the interview invitation?
Hi i got an interview last year and had an offer for deferred entry, I got 104 points and i got one but my friend had 96 and still got an interview. I heard they're ranking applicants completely differently this year though!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (28)
19.18%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (35)
23.97%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (76)
52.05%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
4.79%

Watched Threads