xivst
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by urbestfriend)
Hi i got an interview last year and had an offer for deferred entry, I got 104 points and i got one but my friend had 96 and still got an interview. I heard they're ranking applicants completely differently this year though!
thanks so much for the reply!
Hadriojon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
GANFYD
Liverpool has around 330 places for home students next year. From what you have heard from people what is a good estimate for how many deferred applicants there are that are going to join Liverpool in 2022.
GANFYD
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Hadriojon)
GANFYD
Liverpool has around 330 places for home students next year. From what you have heard from people what is a good estimate for how many deferred applicants there are that are going to join Liverpool in 2022.
No idea, sorry.
davideg
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
It is the “all other things being equal” that we do not have the answer to!
More or fewer interviews, for any number of reasons, is likely to be a key factor 😊
Yes and as you've said, if people have been put off applying for certain Unis due to high past UCATs the cut off may drop back a bit.
dnejfn
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Are liverpools interviews going to be online?
Coolkingz
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by dnejfn)
Are liverpools interviews going to be online?
"Interviews for E2022 are expected to be semi - structured and on-line." https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/medicine...s-information/
Serpentbleu
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I scored 77 points for Liverpool (gcse + ucat) is this enough?
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Serpentbleu)
I scored 77 points for Liverpool (gcse + ucat) is this enough?
Just ranking on UCAT this year, as long as people meet GCSE minimum requirements
JP2000!!!
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Just ranking on UCAT this year, as long as people meet GCSE minimum requirements
Does that make 2590 more risky to apply with?
Hadriojon
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by JP2000!!!)
I think it would make it less risky and more likely, but I’m no expert. What do you think GANFYD
evalorose222
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Sorry to sound completely clueless but do you know what the minimum GCSE requirements are? On the admissions information it seems to say 5 GCSEs at B or above but then there are people talking on here about minimum 15 points and the website also seems to suggest it may vary for mature applicants 🙄
Coolkingz
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by evalorose222)
Sorry to sound completely clueless but do you know what the minimum GCSE requirements are? On the admissions information it seems to say 5 GCSEs at B or above but then there are people talking on here about minimum 15 points and the website also seems to suggest it may vary for mature applicants 🙄
"9 GCSEs attained by the end of Year 11 which must include English Language, Mathematic, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics (or Core & Additional Science) at minimum grade B/6.

A minimum score of 15 points from the best 9 GCSEs or equivalents (where A*/A/7/8/9 = 2 points; B/6 = 1 points). BTEC (Non-Science) Level 2 and OCR awards (Distinction*/Distinction = 2 points) BTEC (Non-Science) Level 2 and OCR awards (Merit = 1 point)."
https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/study/un...-requirements/
Z317
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi, I'm a gap year student and applied to Liverpool last year, and didn't make the interview cut, I assume because of my GCSE point total. As its ranking on UCAT this time is it worth applying with:

GCSES: 99 88 7777 66
A Level: AAA
UCAT: 2810 B2

I guess the only thing I'm worried about is my GCSEs, which didn't seem to be good enough last year.
thanks in advance <3
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by JP2000!!!)
Impossible to say, as with 9 x 8/9s last year, it would have made the cut off easily.
I think the cut offs will be mid to upper 2500s this year, but if they decide to interview fewer applicants, then it could go up, as last years interview to offer ratio was pretty dismal!
Arie1239
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I’ve read that Liverpool will not be continuing their graduate entry course and that graduates can just apply to the undergrad course. Does anyone know what their GAMSAT cut off was for last year?
Coolkingz
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Z317)
Hi, I'm a gap year student and applied to Liverpool last year, and didn't make the interview cut, I assume because of my GCSE point total. As its ranking on UCAT this time is it worth applying with:

GCSES: 99 88 7777 66
A Level: AAA
UCAT: 2810 B2

I guess the only thing I'm worried about is my GCSEs, which didn't seem to be good enough last year.
thanks in advance <3
Hi, I am in a similar situation. You meet the GCSE minimum entry requirements score of 15 (I think your score is 18) so I think you would have a good chance of interview.
Last edited by Coolkingz; 3 weeks ago
Jhunna
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Impossible to say, as with 9 x 8/9s last year, it would have made the cut off easily.
I think the cut offs will be mid to upper 2500s this year, but if they decide to interview fewer applicants, then it could go up, as last years interview to offer ratio was pretty dismal!
Hi GANFYD where can I find the numbers on on interview to offer ratio? Also are there any numbers published on how many 2022 offers have been given to 2021 applicant? Does it make it risky?
JP2000!!!
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
thanks - I have 10 8/9s so I should be fine
pleasehelpme:)
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi, I was wondering if you think I would have a good shot at Liverpool.
GCSEs: 9, 9, 8, 8, 7, 7, 7, 7, 6, 6
A level predictions: A*, A*, A*
EPQ prediction: A*
UCAT: 2840 and band 1
I also have some contextual points such as POLAR 4 quintile 1, parents with no experience of higher education, ect
Thank you, I really appreciate any advice : )
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Jhunna)
Hi GANFYD where can I find the numbers on on interview to offer ratio? Also are there any numbers published on how many 2022 offers have been given to 2021 applicant? Does it make it risky?
Havre a look at FOIs. And I have not seen any data on deferrals, but Liverpool have jusy told people before when they called them
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (48)
13.45%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (93)
26.05%
I'm a bit unsure (63)
17.65%
I'm finding things difficult (123)
34.45%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (30)
8.4%

Watched Threads