The Student Room Group

low iman

I still prya 5 times a day out of habit and obliged to prya but i have bene feeling low on imam i have deppression,ocd and anxiety i struggle with waswase of shaitan i dont know whta to do anymore. i keep getting these haram thoughts i cant stop committing sins. I just dont know if i believe in islam or not deep down i believe in it i just one to be free form any cultural obligations because am shamed because of my mental health issues
You can't be free from cultural obligations bcz you live in a society and whatever this society is it has a culture and laws that you must follow.
Regarding your mental health issues, try seeing a psychiatrist or talking to someone older
Original post by Muminah Zahid
well what i menat by cultural obligations was my pakistani familly forcing me into certianm beliefs because of there culture

So your problem is that you don't believe in Islam and its rules. Study the Qur'an and try to understand the reasons behind its orders. Talk to a Sheikh or an Imam and ask them about what you are confused with. Read the Hadith and that stuff. And don't forget to see a psychiatrist because of your mental health issues.
but in the end, you can't be forced into Islam. Do what your parents want until you move out and live on your own.
Reply 3
Original post by Muminah Zahid
I still prya 5 times a day out of habit and obliged to prya but i have bene feeling low on imam i have deppression,ocd and anxiety i struggle with waswase of shaitan i dont know whta to do anymore. i keep getting these haram thoughts i cant stop committing sins. I just dont know if i believe in islam or not deep down i believe in it i just one to be free form any cultural obligations because am shamed because of my mental health issues

Please seek medical help for your mental health. With regards to the waaswaas of the shaitan keep reciting ‘Astagfirullah’ as much as you can.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending