The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by El2905032022
Really struggling to decide on my firm uni here. Does anyone have any advice Durham vs LSE? I have an unconditional for both.

Would really love to talk to an existing Durham student about the teaching and academic support on offer at the university if anyone knows someone?

LSE 100%, it’s not even close. It’s on the same tier as UCL after oxbridge. Durhams below that with the likes of KCL, Bristol etc. Both really good but not comparable imo. Congrats on the offers!
Don't make a decision based on rankings?
no really sure but I would advice for you to search the employment rates for the unis, I am aware that more percentage of students get into higher firms from durham over LSE

Really struggling to decide on my firm uni here. Does anyone have any advice Durham vs LSE? I have an unconditional for both.

Would really love to talk to an existing Durham student about the teaching and academic support on offer at the university if anyone knows someone?
Decisions should be based around where you want to spend the next three years - where will you be happiest? Forget rankings, etc. and explore the Uni campus and environment and go where you feel suits you best.
Original post by izka4455
Yep, I'm still waiting😭

Hi! Are you offered for LSE?
Original post by username5949496
LSE 100%, it’s not even close. It’s on the same tier as UCL after oxbridge. Durhams below that with the likes of KCL, Bristol etc. Both really good but not comparable imo. Congrats on the offers!

Are you really going to listen to username5949496?

Thanks everyone for the replies. I think I just have to go with what suits me best on all fronts: the place, atmosphere, teaching, graduate prospects etc. I think that the general advice is what you do on your own is more important than the university you go to (for future jobs etc). Also, university is not supposed to be all about work and employment!
WARWICK VS QMUL for LAW, pros and cons
Warwick v Nottingham v Birmingham for law? Which one is best and which one is least good. No I’m not basing any decision on responses, I just want to know what people think.
Original post by User3858395
Warwick v Nottingham v Birmingham for law? Which one is best and which one is least good. No I’m not basing any decision on responses, I just want to know what people think.

No difference between the three
Original post by Abhee
WARWICK VS QMUL for LAW, pros and cons

Probably little difference for Law. But I’d say Warwick overall is a more highly regarded university. Being in London with QMUL will open doors to better work opportunities and networking perhaps.
Comes down to which one you’d prefer to study at and which has the most flexibility for optional modules you’d like to study etc. London will also be more expensive to live in.
Original post by BarryScott2022
Probably little difference for Law. But I’d say Warwick overall is a more highly regarded university. Being in London with QMUL will open doors to better work opportunities and networking perhaps.
Comes down to which one you’d prefer to study at and which has the most flexibility for optional modules you’d like to study etc. London will also be more expensive to live in.

Thank you so much

one more question LAW OR LAW WITH BUSINESS IN QMUL Please?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Abhee
Thank you so much
one more question LAW OR LAW WIYH BUSINESS IN QMUL Please?

I don’t know enough about the business element as I’m looking at straight LLB. They’re both qualifying I believe so again, look at the modules and see which appeals the most. No one can really give you the answer as it very much depends on you as an individual and what you want to do with your degree.
I don’t know enough about the business element as I’m looking at straight LLB. They’re both qualifying I believe so again, look at the modules and see which appeals the most. No one can really give you the answer as it very much depends on you as an individual and what you want to do with your degree.

Thanks again, really appreciate
Original post by Abhee
Thanks again, really appreciate

Good luck deciding!
Original post by LawStudent456
No difference between the three

Fair enough
Original post by Abhee
Thank you so much

one more question LAW OR LAW WITH BUSINESS IN QMUL Please?

If they’re both qualifying then choose the one you enjoy the most, then you’ll likely get the best grade possible which the number 1 most important thing when applying to firms I think
Original post by User3858395
If they’re both qualifying then choose the one you enjoy the most, then you’ll likely get the best grade possible which the number 1 most important thing when applying to firms I think

Thank you o much!

Being in London for uni confers no benefit at all. I can’t believe people actually think this
Original post by Tinydancer1
Decisions should be based around where you want to spend the next three years - where will you be happiest? Forget rankings, etc. and explore the Uni campus and environment and go where you feel suits you best.

okay,Thank you

Latest

Trending

Trending