m4zza
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Do you have a lower UCAT cut off if you qualify for AccessSheffield+?
m4zza
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
UCAT of 2750 but I qualify for AccessSheffield+, is Sheffield a risky option?
GANFYD
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by m4zza)
UCAT of 2750 but I qualify for AccessSheffield+, is Sheffield a risky option?
I cannot see it lowers cut off, though some schemes do. It does result in a lower offer
https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/medicine...idening-access
m4zza
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
I cannot see it lowers cut off, though some schemes do. It does result in a lower offer
https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/medicine...idening-access
Thank you. I already have St Andrews as a risky option because of my B3 and idk whether I should have thrown Sheffield into the mix (probably a bad idea) since I don't really see the cut-off decreasing or staying the same. Probably best to avoid, right? which is a shame since it would have been my top choice out of all my options
realisticalllly
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
would you say applying to sheff this year with a UCAT of 2740 is a bad idea?
harrietrose17
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by realisticalllly)
would you say applying to sheff this year with a UCAT of 2740 is a bad idea?
its very risky because that was the cut off last year, and lots of people are predicting that it will be v competitive this year and so the cut offs are likely to go up. And because as GANFYD says people with around 2800 won't apply to places like Bristol etc more likely to apply places like here the next tier down. But who knows it might stay the same but its risky
gghgggd5ht
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
How badly will applying with a sj band 3 affect me for interview?
sandhuaikam
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
does anyone have the 2021 entry statistics???
MARMAT2022
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Someone on the 2021 thread (Medicmentality) is asking :
"did anyone with band 2 end up getting an offer? flicking through the posts im seeing no one 😭"

That makes me worried - I have 2840 Band 2
Do you think it is still safe to apply this year ?
medicalmentality
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by MARMAT2022)
Someone on the 2021 thread (Medicmentality) is asking :
"did anyone with band 2 end up getting an offer? flicking through the posts im seeing no one 😭"

That makes me worried - I have 2840 Band 2
Do you think it is still safe to apply this year ?
i ended up finding one person with a band 2 in the end if that helps, so with a band 2 its defo possible to get an offer
Remote17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by medicalmentality)
i ended up finding one person with a band 2 in the end if that helps, so with a band 2 its defo possible to get an offer
Just to be the voice of reason here, not everyone that recieved an offer from Sheffield posted on TSR. I think it is highly likely that offers were made to applicants with SJT results from Band 1-3. Perhaps there is a FOI on just this topic.
Remote17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
This is from the 2019 but it shows interview scores by station. In that year there were plenty of candidates with SJT Band 3 that received offers.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...rview_scores_4

And everyone please exhale!
medicalmentality
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Remote17)
This is from the 2019 but it shows interview scores by station. In that year there were plenty of candidates with SJT Band 3 that received offers.

Thank you v much
simonbackshots
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

im looking at the excel sheet in that FOI and im v confused as to why some people have an interview score of 29 and got an offer but some people got an interview score of 34 and got rejected? v confusing, any ideas?:confused:
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by simonbackshots)
im looking at the excel sheet in that FOI and im v confused as to why some people have an interview score of 29 and got an offer but some people got an interview score of 34 and got rejected? v confusing, any ideas?:confused:
Not looked (in a boring clinical meeting) but previously have been issues round an applicant failing a station, as that means you fail the whole thing, whatever the overall score, so could it be this?
Last edited by GANFYD; 2 weeks ago
simonbackshots
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Not looked (in a boring clinical meeting) but previously have been issues round an applicant failing a station, as that means you fail the whole thing, whatever the overall score, so could it be thins?
Yes looking at the data it looks like your right - i think anyone who gets 2/5 or below in any station gets automatically rejected!
Remote17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Not looked (in a boring clinical meeting) but previously have been issues round an applicant failing a station, as that means you fail the whole thing, whatever the overall score, so could it be thins?
I haven't looked at the spreadsheet in that much detail but the Sheffield admissions document does say something to the effect that if a candidate is unsatisfactory (ie scores 1) in a station then they won't get an offer. I'll look at the spreadsheet again later on and try to find the bit in the admissions statement.
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I haven't looked at the spreadsheet in that much detail but the Sheffield admissions document does say something to the effect that if a candidate is unsatisfactory (ie scores 1) in a station then they won't get an offer. I'll look at the spreadsheet again later on and try to find the bit in the admissions statement.
It was a score of 2 in any station except the SJT virtual one, I think
Remote17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Quoting from the Sheffield Admissions Policy (page 4) 'Successful candidates typically have at least a satisfactory performance at every interview station in the MMI'

This is copied from the Sheffield Medicine Admissions page

In addition to the eight sections in the interview, applicants' scores in the UCAT Situational Judgement Test (SJT) will be considered as a ninth virtual station. The UCAT SJT will contribute to the interview score as follows:

Interview Score SJT Quartile Description
5 1st Excellent
4 2nd Good
3 3rd Satisfactory
2 4th Borderline
1 Not applicable
Not applicable

Interviewed candidates can therefore attain a total score of 10-45/45. This score is used to rank applicants when deciding which applicants will receive an offer. Successful applicants are expected to perform satisfactorily or better at every section of the interview. When ranking applicants we look first at those applicants whose performance was satisfactory or better at every section.
spectrum84
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by m4zza)
Do you have a lower UCAT cut off if you qualify for AccessSheffield+?
No the cutoff is the same
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (296)
57.59%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (72)
14.01%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (57)
11.09%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (43)
8.37%
I haven't started researching yet (26)
5.06%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
3.89%

Watched Threads