Leaf.
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by WTSBLG)
Ahh okay let's do this together! So UCAT score definitely 25.5.

The document says 'proved the minimum GCSE requirements have been met, your academic ability will be scored on the basis of your A-levels and degree'
So we don't include GCSEs in this.
So A* Economics = 10 (2 years), A Chemistry = 10 (2 years) then I assume adjusted 8 points for A Biology (3 years). Total: 28
Then add your degree 2:1 obtained of 3 points.
25.5 + 28 + 3 = 56.5?

Please check that again hahah but I think that's right now.
Hahaha yeah I agree that’s prob right. Thank you so much mate. Actually really disappointed about that - was cut off was 57 last year?

That’s actually so sad if the cut off is above 56.5 - but also if it is I’m grateful for your help, as bc of you, it would then save me an application that prob wouldn’t make it past the cut off.

Thanks mate
WTSBLG
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Leaf.)
Hahaha yeah I agree that’s prob right. Thank you so much mate. Actually really disappointed about that - was cut off was 57 last year?

That’s actually so sad if the cut off is above 56.5 - but also if it is I’m grateful for your help, as bc of you, it would then save me an application that prob wouldn’t make it past the cut off.

Thanks mate
Yeah, cut off was 57 last year, and no worries, I wish you all the best
pepsicola11
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
could the competition at Leicester be fiercer this year considering that they are pretty much the only university that guarantees interviews to achieved a level students (dependent on UCAT decile), and since they gave deferred offers last year? it feels like a lot of achieved a level students are choosing to apply there.
EmmaGem
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I agree with pepsicola 11 and was thinking the same. The conditions for guaranteed interview at Leicester are so low for achieved A levels that it is almost a negative. Leicester seems at risk of having a mountain of interviews to complete for not many places. Can anyone help me get around this...
Marz.15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by WTSBLG)
Yeah, cut off was 57 last year, and no worries, I wish you all the best
The score of 57 wasn't really a cut off, it was being guaranteed and interview. On the admission statistics they did interview people with lower scores but they are borderline groups.
WTSBLG
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Marz.15)
The score of 57 wasn't really a cut off, it was being guaranteed and interview. On the admission statistics they did interview people with lower scores but they are borderline groups.
Ah okay thanks for letting me know!
chris01928
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by pepsicola11)
could the competition at Leicester be fiercer this year considering that they are pretty much the only university that guarantees interviews to achieved a level students (dependent on UCAT decile), and since they gave deferred offers last year? it feels like a lot of achieved a level students are choosing to apply there.
I am an applicant with achieved grades, will Leicester still look at my admission score (I have looked over their admission document but I could not see nay information about it)
pepsicola11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by chris01928)
I am an applicant with achieved grades, will Leicester still look at my admission score (I have looked over their admission document but I could not see nay information about it)
from my understanding, no. I think if you have required A Levels and a 6th decile+ UCAT = interview
xsowmix
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
yh im a bit scared abt this. too luckily all my other options are safe.

like for example, Plymouth increased their entry requirements to A*AA after the UCAS deadline last yr so anyone who was predicted AAA was automatically rejected so Leicester may go against their word but I really hope they don't
Last edited by xsowmix; 2 weeks ago
pepsicola11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by xsowmix)
yh im a bit scared abt this. too luckily all my other options are safe.

like for example, Plymouth increased their entry requirements to A*AA after the UCAS deadline last yr so anyone who was predicted AAA was automatically rejected so Leicester may go against their word but I really hope they don't
yeah exactly. I think I may choose elsewhere, not sure. what are your options if you don't mind me asking?
xsowmix
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
yeah exactly. I think I may choose elsewhere, not sure. what are your options if you don't mind me asking?
im putting down Manchester, SGUL and UCL (usually wld be a risky option but I missed their offer this yr and they have said if I get the grades in the resits I can join next yr which is basically achieving 1 A* for me)
pepsicola11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by xsowmix)
im putting down Manchester, SGUL and UCL (usually wld be a risky option but I missed their offer this yr and they have said if I get the grades in the resits I can join next yr which is basically achieving 1 A* for me)
omg well I rlly hope you get the grade, that would be so great! good luck
svargasi03
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
hi im an international student taking a gap year and im thinking of applying to leicester
-my ucat score was 2710
vr 630
dm 660
qr 690
ar 730
b2

-i got achieved ib of 40 points with 776 hl for geo, bio and chem

-i didnt take gcse but the equivalent with myp would give me
8x9's
5x8's

thank you <3
applecyder
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hello, I read about guaranteed interviews at Leicester and it said top 5 deciles are guaranteed interviews - is this for achieved A level students only? I thought 50% of the application was dependent on UCAT score and the other 50% on GCSEs - are people with predicted A levels at a disadvantage to those with achieved A levels?
chris01928
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by applecyder)
Hello, I read about guaranteed interviews at Leicester and it said top 5 deciles are guaranteed interviews - is this for achieved A level students only? I thought 50% of the application was dependent on UCAT score and the other 50% on GCSEs - are people with predicted A levels at a disadvantage to those with achieved A levels?
Achieved applicants don't have to go through pre-interview scoring, they just have to meet the minimum requirements for A-Levels and UCAT deciles and in turn are guaranteed interviews. Whereas predicted applicants have to be scored and the top x% are invited to interview. I wouldn't say it is as much of a disadvantage as you think because offers are based off of interviews. If you have only predicted grades (I'm assuming you have) calculate your score and see where that would sit you against last year's applicants. If you are above or below the borderline JUST, it is a very risky uni to apply to. If you are firrmyl above it, you are not disadvantaged as the likelihood is, you will be invited to interview. Good Luck
applecyder
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Achieved applicants don't have to go through pre-interview scoring, they just have to meet the minimum requirements for A-Levels and UCAT deciles and in turn are guaranteed interviews. Whereas predicted applicants have to be scored and the top x% are invited to interview. I wouldn't say it is as much of a disadvantage as you think because offers are based off of interviews. If you have only predicted grades (I'm assuming you have) calculate your score and see where that would sit you against last year's applicants. If you are above or below the borderline JUST, it is a very risky uni to apply to. If you are firrmyl above it, you are not disadvantaged as the likelihood is, you will be invited to interview. Good Luck
I score 30.5 (UCAT) and 32 (GCSEs), which means I have a total of 62.5 points. I hope that the point threshold doesn't increase by too much for international applicants. Do you know if the 57 point threshold for 2021 entry was the same for both home and international students?

Thank you so much for your reply <3
chris01928
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by applecyder)
I score 30.5 (UCAT) and 32 (GCSEs), which means I have a total of 62.5 points. I hope that the point threshold doesn't increase by too much for international applicants. Do you know if the 57 point threshold for 2021 entry was the same for both home and international students?

Thank you so much for your reply <3
I've only just set my eyes on Leicester so I'm not really sure about the figures - I'm an achieved applicant. Does anyone else know?
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I do wonder whether Leicester are going to be taken by surprise by the number of achieved grade applicants they get and are going to use this clause from their admissions document to cut numbers down
"Following scoring of academic ability and UCAT, applicants will be ranked within the 5 groups (predicted A-level, achieved A-level, resitting A-level, Graduate and Access), and the highest scoring candidates will be invited to interview. The lowest ranked applicants will not be considered further."
Popbrownie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
GANFYD
I've got a score of 60, based on their system (7 9's, 1 7 at iGCSE) and a UCAT of 2940. It says that pre-interview international students are ranked against themselves, so do you know how to get the statistics on international students applications last year? Are the cut-offs likely to be higher than the 57 of non-international students last year?
Am I likely to at least get an interview?
chris01928
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
I do wonder whether Leicester are going to be taken by surprise by the number of achieved grade applicants they get and are going to use this clause from their admissions document to cut numbers down
"Following scoring of academic ability and UCAT, applicants will be ranked within the 5 groups (predicted A-level, achieved A-level, resitting A-level, Graduate and Access), and the highest scoring candidates will be invited to interview. The lowest ranked applicants will not be considered further."
God that is a worry. Do you have any idea of how they are going to then score within those ranking because surely A-Levels should be taken into account when scoring achieved applicants? Good spot with the clause
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (48)
13.41%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (93)
25.98%
I'm a bit unsure (63)
17.6%
I'm finding things difficult (124)
34.64%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (30)
8.38%

Watched Threads