Speed camera doing 33 in a 30

Watch this thread
ablakey72
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I was driving down a road, saw the mobile speed camera officer with a hand held gun, looked down at my speed and checked on sat nav and was traveling at 33mph, I’ve had a letter, 3 points and £100 fine, with no option to do a speed awareness course, should I appeal against this fine?
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by ablakey72)
I was driving down a road, saw the mobile speed camera officer with a hand held gun, looked down at my speed and checked on sat nav and was traveling at 33mph, I’ve had a letter, 3 points and £100 fine, with no option to do a speed awareness course, should I appeal against this fine?
On what grounds would you like to appeal?
SarcAndSpark
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
Have you done a speed awareness course already in the last two years?
IWMTom
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by SarcAndSpark)
Have you done a speed awareness course already in the last two years?
It's three years.
Tupmole
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
SatNav is not accurate for speed readings, especially on curved roads so your 33mph is probably quite wrong.
Police laser is extremely accurate, so it’s safe to say you were doing at least 35mph when pinged.
Awareness courses are not an entitlement, so you’ll have to accept the fine and points or plead not guilty and take it to court, where the fines will be higher, court costs will be added and a victim surcharge too (all standard add-ons even though there’s no obvious victim) and you may receive more than 3 points.
martin7
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
What speed did the letter say you were doing?
RedGiant
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
There is no "appeal" for a criminal prosecution. You either accept the FPN or take it to court and receive a conviction. The officer's witness statement will always satisfy the bench that you were speeding. LTI 20/20 TruCAMs are extremely accurate.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (141)
40.06%
The paper was reasonable (163)
46.31%
Not feeling great about that exam... (32)
9.09%
It was TERRIBLE (16)
4.55%

Watched Threads