The Student Room Group

Newcastle University A101 2022 entry

Hi there, thanks for checking out this thread. This is the 2022 Entry discussion for Newcastle University A101.

We're now onto the 2023 application cycle, you can find the 2023 thread here. Of course, you are still welcome to browse this thread as well, but please post in the 2023 one if you have questions about Newcastle.
:biggrin:

Welcome to the Newcastle University A101 2022 Entry Discussion.
newcastle.jpg
Newcastle A101 2021 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6560754

For general information click: https://www.ncl.ac.uk/undergraduate/degrees/a101/

For entry requirements click: https://www.ncl.ac.uk/undergraduate/...ryrequirements

Newcastle A100 / A101 2021 Offer Holders' thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6932538

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

I'm so excited to be able to post in this thread. Applications are all starting to feel real now. Until I actually sat the UCAT it all felt like a dream.

Newcastle GEM is my only option this year, as I can't afford the standard undergrad and my family can't relocate. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will be the only application I'll ever need. Good luck everyone. :smile:
Reply 2
I'm in the same position but I'm really worried about doing badly on the UCAT and I wanna stay close to my mum as she isnt well
Reply 3
How did everyone get on with the ucat?
Reply 4
Hello,
Is there any point applying with ucat score 2720? I have a 1st class masters degree but I guess it's a no go with that score.

Thanks!
Reply 5
Original post by Ktrh123
Hello,
Is there any point applying with ucat score 2720? I have a 1st class masters degree but I guess it's a no go with that score.

Thanks!

https://www.ncl.ac.uk/mediav8/engineering/files/H__AA%20Service%20Center%20Temps_UCAT%20thresholds%202017-21%20(1).pdf
yikessss 3030 threshold last year, up from 2910 the previous year... any guesses on what it might be this year? i was feeling pretty good with 3110 but now i'm quite concerned lol
Original post by gemplzx
yikessss 3030 threshold last year, up from 2910 the previous year... any guesses on what it might be this year? i was feeling pretty good with 3110 but now i'm quite concerned lol

Applied with a 3010 B1 - had no idea that last year's cutoff was so much higher than the years prior

Might be a risky one - let's hope the cutoff returns towards the mean...
The nerves are starting to bite now. According to last year's thread people started to hear about interviews on 1st December. I hope it's a bit quicker this year. The suspense. :eek:
Original post by MatthewNY
Applied with a 3010 B1 - had no idea that last year's cutoff was so much higher than the years prior

Might be a risky one - let's hope the cutoff returns towards the mean...

I’m in the same boat as you with a 3010 UCAT, hopefully the cutoff isn’t as high as last year 🤞
anyone heard anything yet? or know when we can expect to start hearing? i’m getting so restless, especially knowing how high the threshold was last year 😭
Original post by gemplzx
anyone heard anything yet? or know when we can expect to start hearing? i’m getting so restless, especially knowing how high the threshold was last year 😭

Judging on prev years, expect to start hearing back from next week till the 1st week in Dec.
Does anyone know the UCAT cut off score for partners this year?
Original post by gabbysteelxx
Does anyone know the UCAT cut off score for partners this year?

this is the thread for the graduate entry programme and i think partners relates only to the undergrad course, so might be an idea to post this in the A100 thread instead... although, i think UCAT cut offs for all unis are typically released the year after the application cycle
Original post by gemplzx
this is the thread for the graduate entry programme and i think partners relates only to the undergrad course, so might be an idea to post this in the A100 thread instead... although, i think UCAT cut offs for all unis are typically released the year after the application cycle

Thank you!
Reply 15
hi guys, does anyone know on what dates interviews will be held?
Original post by kadiata
hi guys, does anyone know on what dates interviews will be held?

Just called them up. They’ve said invites will be going out next week, but could be any time from now. Didn’t specify dates, but said if you need to book a different date, there would be a possibility.
Reply 17
Original post by olamideakosile
Just called them up. They’ve said invites will be going out next week, but could be any time from now. Didn’t specify dates, but said if you need to book a different date, there would be a possibility.

okay perfect!!

thank you so much
Original post by olamideakosile

wait, so did they say it as though the main bulk off invites will be coming out next week and a few will trickle through this week or? just trying to work out if I can finally give up on refreshing my emails and ucas for a few days lol
anyone know which dates interviews were held on last year?

Quick Reply

Latest