TCRW
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
I’ve just received an interview invitation for A101. Interviews slots started from 6th December
gemplzx
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by TCRW)
I’ve just received an interview invitation for A101. Interviews slots started from 6th December
interview invite for me too!! well done, good luck!
Last edited by gemplzx; 1 week ago
TCRW
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by gemplzx)
interview invite over here too!

interview invite for me too!! well done, good luck!
You too!!
pole5533
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Interview here with 3010 - guessing the cut off was lower this year, thank goodness for that

EDIT: is anyone else's confirmation email stating selection for A100 despite the initial email inviting to registration stating A101? Ive emailed the admissions team and hope it's a simple spelling error, wondering if anyone else is the same?
Last edited by pole5533; 1 week ago
olamideakosile
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Interview here as well 3010 as well🎉🎉🎉
TCL
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by pole5533)
Interview here with 3010 - guessing the cut off was lower this year, thank goodness for that

EDIT: is anyone else's confirmation email stating selection for A100 despite the initial email inviting to registration stating A101? Ive emailed the admissions team and hope it's a simple spelling error, wondering if anyone else is the same?
Do they consider you for A100 if you don't make the cut off for A101?
pole5533
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by TCL)
Do they consider you for A100 if you don't make the cut off for A101
Not sure - in my case, and if anyone else also received an A100 confirmation despite receiving registration for the A101 - it is a simple admin error and we're all still considered solely for A101 ( just got off the phone with admissions)
gemplzx
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by pole5533)

mine says the same, very reassuring to see yours says it too... i think it must just be a spelling mistake! good luck for your interview!
gemplzx
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by olamideakosile)
Interview here as well 3010 as well🎉🎉🎉
congrats, good luck!!
Luk196
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
I got an interview - UCAT 3100, my email did say A101.
Soot_sprite
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Me too (ucat 3230, my email also said A101)! I’m a little nervous about the interviews being over zoom, but hopefully it’ll be ok! Good luck everyone!
Last edited by Soot_sprite; 1 week ago
gemplzx
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Soot_sprite)
Me too (ucat 3230, my email also said A101)! I’m a little nervous about the interviews being over zoom, but hopefully it’ll be ok! Good luck everyone!
(Original post by Luk196)
I got an interview - UCAT 3100, my email did say A101.
it’s the email you get after choosing your interview slot which might say A100 good luck both of you!!
Last edited by gemplzx; 1 week ago
TimGEM
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
I got an interview as well - 3070 UCAT and the confirmation also stated A100. Good to know that's just a mistake.

Can I ask how old people around here are? With Newcastle GEM being such a small group that joins up with A100 later on, I'm a bit worried about being 36 when starting med school.
Soot_sprite
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
it’s the email you get after choosing your interview slot which might say A100 good luck both of you!!
Ahh thanks for letting me know! That email went to junk for me so I didn’t see it at first, mine did have A100 on too
olamideakosile
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by TimGEM)
I got an interview as well - 3070 UCAT and the confirmation also stated A100. Good to know that's just a mistake.

Can I ask how old people around here are? With Newcastle GEM being such a small group that joins up with A100 later on, I'm a bit worried about being 36 when starting med school.
I turn 25 when we start but honestly, don’t worry about it, age is just a number. Medicine is a 30+ year career, there’s people who have started at 50. I personally know another 40 year old. You’ll always have the GEM lot to talk to if you feel any type of way about the A100 students, but at the end of the day we’re all colleagues, I’m sure everyone will be alright
gemmaco11ins
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
If they're interviewing 5 in every slot that's 50 interviews per day so 500 over the 2 week period.
Guessing that includes A100 and A101 applicants, but it still means its far less than other years when they interviewed >1000
Furdelance
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Oh wow, thought mine was a risky application with 3000 but might have a shot yet.

Does anyone know if they send the invites/rejections in batches?
vale94_14
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
I had the exact same!! Interview invitation for A101 and interview confirmation for A100… I was gonna email tomorrow but maybe it’s just a glitch?
vale94_14
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
mine says the same, very reassuring to see yours says it too... i think it must just be a spelling mistake! good luck for your interview!
Same here!!! Interview invitation for A101 but confirmation for A100
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Congratulations and commiserations on responses so far.

If you guys are up for it, I like to collect the details of TSR users that have been offered interviews in hopes that will help future cohorts in deciding where it would be most appropriate to apply:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=855535143

Hopefully a similar sheet has helped you in the past and maybe this one can help you too.

Good luck in your other applications and in your next stages!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (10)
10.75%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (1)
1.08%
Finding the time to revise (7)
7.53%
Finding the motivation (23)
24.73%
Getting distracted (14)
15.05%
Procrastination (37)
39.78%
Having the tools you need (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.08%

Watched Threads