The Student Room Group

Newcastle University A101 2022 entry

Scroll to see replies

@newcastle thanks for giving me a panic attack with that student finance email 🤡
Original post by gemplzx
@newcastle thanks for giving me a panic attack with that student finance email 🤡

the anxiety is awful
Original post by gemplzx

I hear you. I know it will just be an automated email, but everything they send now is just prolonging the agony. 😫
Original post by Incidentaloma
I hear you. I know it will just be an automated email, but everything they send now is just prolonging the agony. 😫

Original post by MatthewNY
the anxiety is awful

sooo painful 😭 have either of you heard from anywhere else yet?
Original post by gemplzx

Newcastle was my only application. My family and I aren't in a position to relocate. I just hope they give me good news as a reward for this feat of patience!
Original post by gemplzx

Southampton is my other option - haven't heard back from them yet (post-interview) but should be a bit later than Newcastle I expect...
(edited 2 years ago)
Newcastle was my only application. My family and I aren't in a position to relocate. I just hope they give me good news as a reward for this feat of patience!

wow you must be even more anxious than I am to hear from ncl then! good luck, I really hope you get in! did you apply to the A100 too or did you place all bets on A101?
Southampton is my other option - haven't heard back from them yet (post-interview) but should be a bit later than Newcastle I expect...

ahh I’m also waiting on Southampton 😬 good luck! which is your top choice out of the two?
Original post by gemplzx
wow you must be even more anxious than I am to hear from ncl then! good luck, I really hope you get in! did you apply to the A100 too or did you place all bets on A101?

It's all hanging on A101. :eek: My partner's income means I wouldn't qualify for much in the way of loans, and while his salary is good, it's not good enough to cover med school fees on top of the mortgage and all the other expenses that will accrue once I'm no longer working full-time. I'd be massively stressed about our finances if I did A100, which would probably hurt my learning.
Reply 69
It's all hanging on A101. :eek: My partner's income means I wouldn't qualify for much in the way of loans, and while his salary is good, it's not good enough to cover med school fees on top of the mortgage and all the other expenses that will accrue once I'm no longer working full-time. I'd be massively stressed about our finances if I did A100, which would probably hurt my learning.

I had a similar thought process. I just wouldn't be able to afford any A100 courses. That's also why Newcastle is so tempting - it's by far the cheapest place to live out of all the ones I applied to. Good luck!
Original post by gemplzx
ahh I’m also waiting on Southampton 😬 good luck! which is your top choice out of the two?

Cheers, good luck to you too! Definitely Newcastle 1st choice - but interview at Southampton went much better I think. Which interview did you prefer?
Cheers, good luck to you too! Definitely Newcastle 1st choice - but interview at Southampton went much better I think. Which interview did you prefer?

neither of my interviews felt very good to be honest! I may have thought the Southampton interview went okay if it weren’t for the fact that everyone seems to think theirs went well 🥴 tbh I just can’t stop thinking about what I wish I’d said differently or what I wish I’d added 😭 Southampton is my top choice though, Newcastle would be great but it’s so far from home for me!
Original post by gemplzx
neither of my interviews felt very good to be honest! I may have thought the Southampton interview went okay if it weren’t for the fact that everyone seems to think theirs went well 🥴 tbh I just can’t stop thinking about what I wish I’d said differently or what I wish I’d added 😭 Southampton is my top choice though, Newcastle would be great but it’s so far from home for me!

Yeah seems as though Southampton interviewers were very friendly to everyone so it's so hard to tell haha. I think Southampton normally send out offers mid-March ish?
A curveball has been thrown to me in the form of an interview for a band 6/7 development post in CAMHS. A 9 to 5 working day for that salary sounds very attractive right now. I hope Newcastle gets in touch before the interview, because if I end up with two yeses I'm going to be a quivering indecisive blancmange.
Hello,
3rd year BM5 student at southampton here 🙋🏻*♀️

Don’t hesitate if you have any questions about the course and the university, hopefully I could help answering them!

Cynthia ( University of Southampton student ambassador)
Oh god, A100 applicants have started getting offers... anyone heard anything for GEM?
Reply 76
does anyone know what the lag usually is between undergrad and grad offers being sent out?
Original post by roseugh
does anyone know what the lag usually is between undergrad and grad offers being sent out?

last year I thought undergrads came a couple weeks after grads but I could definitely be wrong
Reply 78
i wish we just knew when to expect a decision, the tension has built more than enough
Original post by roseugh
i wish we just knew when to expect a decision, the tension has built more than enough

People on the five-year thread are reporting that their offers have started. Eeeek!

Edit: I've just seen you were posting in response to this. I hope it's not a gap of weeks. My nerves are like overtightened piano wires.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending