Just mee
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Explain how improving transport links can help reduce the north-south divide?
MelonCrazy
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Idk if this is economics, but improving transport links means people from the south can travel easily to the north and perhaps take up jobs there and so would improve the economy
Physīcs
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Geography??
I don’t remember much from yr 11 but I’m going to go with logic… You could say that:

Transport links are essential into reducing the north-south divide, as businesses from the south could open businesses up in the north, as the north tends to be a lot cheaper overall, so it may be cheaper overall for the business (which saves a lot money for them) to rent a building there, especially if you’re in London, rent there is EXPENSIVE.

This then benefits people around the north, as these new businesses open up employment opportunities for locals, as well as offering expertise (apprenticeships for young people?) which could help people achieve the right skills to get proper paying jobs.
Therefore, people get paid as a whole, and would then have the money to pay for a home, pay taxes and even afford luxuries.
As a whole, this boosts the north’s economy, therefore reducing the north-south divide.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (18)
8.29%
Okay (64)
29.49%
A bit lacking (81)
37.33%
Not good at all (54)
24.88%

Watched Threads