The Student Room Group

Random uni question

Just out of curiosity, I have always wondered if UCAS points were only used for undergraduate degrees, say you gain some extra experience that can boost your UCAS points during your undergrad, can your UCAS points be used for Masters too?
Original post by Anonymous
Just out of curiosity, I have always wondered if UCAS points were only used for undergraduate degrees, say you gain some extra experience that can boost your UCAS points during your undergrad, can your UCAS points be used for Masters too?

Hia!

UCAS points are mostly used for undergraduate degrees as these are the degrees that are applied via UCAS. Masters degrees are often applied directly through the university. This makes the actual points inapplicable, however, most qualifications that gain you UCAS points from can be used in your entrance essays/personal statements for your masters application.

Hope this helps!

Ben - UoP rep :tongue:
Reply 2
Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Hia!

UCAS points are mostly used for undergraduate degrees as these are the degrees that are applied via UCAS. Masters degrees are often applied directly through the university. This makes the actual points inapplicable, however, most qualifications that gain you UCAS points from can be used in your entrance essays/personal statements for your masters application.

Hope this helps!

Ben - UoP rep :tongue:

Thank you, that helped :smile: I just want to do so many activities to get UCAS points but as I am joining year 13 it'll be difficult.
Reply 3
good luck
Reply 4
Original post by vitamin1
good luck

I'll need it haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending