The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

What's it like living in Loughborough as a student?

I am looking at Loughborough university and I'm wondering what it's like to live there, as I have never visited it.
Original post by DanielTurner._.
I am looking at Loughborough university and I'm wondering what it's like to live there, as I have never visited it

I studied Sports Management at Loughborough University, so hopefully I can you a bit of insight!

I personally loved living at the University. The campus has amazing facilities with everything you need from grocery stores to the student union club. If you choose to live in halls (which I recommend), this is where you will make the vast majority of your friends with all the different freshers events organised and you really start to get a sense of the #lborofamily. The halls are also only a short walk from lectures which I found really convenient during my time here.

In terms of the social life here, I really enjoyed it and found it fairly easy to make friends. The campus has a pub called JC's and at night the Union turns into a massive nightclub with 3 different rooms for different music tastes. I also made many of my friends through IMS football which was my hall's football team. The town is also a short walk from campus and has different clubs and pubs which are popular with the students here.

Leicester and Nottingham are also a short trip away so if you want a change of scene and want to experience nights out in the city.

I hope this helped!

Noah :smile:
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by Loughborough Student Community
I studied Sports Management at Loughborough University, so hopefully I can you a bit of insight!

I personally loved living at the University. The campus has amazing facilities with everything you need from grocery stores to the student union club. If you choose to live in halls (which I recommend), this is where you will make the vast majority of your friends with all the different freshers events organised and you really start to get a sense of the #lborofamily. The halls are also only a short walk from lectures which I found really convenient during my time here.

In terms of the social life here, I really enjoyed it and found it fairly easy to make friends. The campus has a pub called JC's and at night the Union turns into a massive nightclub with 3 different rooms for different music tastes. I also made many of my friends through IMS football which was my hall's football team. The town is also a short walk from campus and has different clubs and pubs which are popular with the students here.

Leicester and Nottingham are also a short trip away so if you want a change of scene and want to experience nights out in the city.

I hope this helped!

Noah :smile:

That's super helpful thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending