The Student Room Group

Question regarding sexual assault

ladies, say you was at work and you asked someone at work where something was, that person tried to describe to you where it was but you still couldn't figure out where it was, this person is a male and senior to you (but not your manager), he then ushered his hand to guide you in the direction and starts walking with you, his hand ends up on your bottom very briefly ushering you in a direction.

he did not apologise or flinch or anything and continued on as if nothing had happened.

sometimes in the past you have got the feeling this person might be attracted to you, but you are not sure.

how would you feel about the incident? would you regard this as sexual assault?
I would be more likely to categorise it as sexual harassment but technically with the unwanted touching it could be classed as assault.
Reply 2
Original post by GabiAbi84
I would be more likely to categorise it as sexual harassment but technically with the unwanted touching it could be classed as assault.

why harassment?
Original post by ANM775
why harassment?

Because unwanted touching in the workplace is sexual harassment.
There’s no reason for anyone to be touching my arse or guiding me where to go, it’s inappropriate.
It would depend upon previous interactions with the individual, the type of jokes he makes and whether he is friendly with the workplace gropers/any other types of pervy creeps.
no
Not really, no.
As a one-off incident, absolutely not.
He may have been too embarrassed to mention it and just opted to ignore it and hope you didn't notice.

But if it fits a pattern of behaviour report it to management.
Reply 9
ok I have a confession to make, the person in the story is me, but i am not the male the clumsy hands. confused?

the story is true but i simply switched the genders in the story.
so the woman in the story was in fact me (a male), and the male in the story was in fact a woman

I thought perhaps this woman had just made a mistake with misplaced hands, however last year when i was in a shopping centre this MUCH older woman cold approached me, tried flirting with me and i remember her doing the same thing (using her hands on my ass to guide me), but she didn't do it just once, or twice ...but did it so many times that i am 100% sure it was was no mistake and was quite deliberate..

hence why i was wondering about the woman at work.
It's not, no. There's no real reason to assume it was intentional, and accidentally touching someone is hardly "harassment".

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending