Dreams of Brighter Lights: A 2nd Year Chem GYG

Watch
Chemusen
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Pls ignore the title it's the best I could come up with

Anyway! Hello! I'm Matthew, I'm 19, I'm Welsh (from the South, to be exact, where the air is pure carbon dioxide and the ground is hollow) and I'm studying chemistry at Swansea University. Which is hard. Obviously. But we move.

A little background on myself, starting with results previously:

Spoiler:
Show

GCSES: 7A*s (Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Music, English Language, Maths Numeracy) and 5 As (English Lit, R.E., Welsh Bacc., Welsh 2nd Language, Geography)

A-Levels:
Chemistry: A* (B at AS)
Mathematics: A (A at AS)
Physics: A (A at AS)
Music AS: A

First Year:
Range between 61% and 74% on 5 different modules (91% on a sixth but that isn't as relevant as the other 5)

Future Plans:

Spoiler:
Show

Don't know. Worry. Panic. Do nothing. Teaching? Industry? Something not even directly involving chemistry? Aaaaaaa help me somebody I'm screwed...

Hobbies:

Spoiler:
Show

As much as I'm not very good at it, I love writing music. I like playing the piano (have grade 8 in it, which makes me sound virtuosic (ooh, that is a word) but I'm really not. I've lost all other hobbies and wish I had more, because I need them. I'm stressed a lot and want things to do but I don't know what to take up, and know even less about what I could keep to.

I don't know what this is going to end up as. Could be anything. Could be nothing. But I'm hoping it helps me somewhat. I can't quite believe this is my fifth blog, but I digress. I hope that by a year from now I've gotten more from this than I have this year's because I really fell off the wagon on this year's and it just got lost. The last two pages of it alone encompass everything since mid-March if not before, which is never good.

Anyway. This might be the hardest year of my life so far, and I'm not ready, but I hope you're ready to watch my struggle through it. Thanks for reading this nonsense even this far and, depending when you read this, have fun with the rest. It'll be a mess.

Also, stop procrastinating on TSR and go do your maths or something.

(JT_888, laurawatt, absolutelysprout I made the thing)
0ptics
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I already like the vibe of this thread and it’s only 1 post in. Well, 2 now but trivial details.
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
looking forward to this
JT_888
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Posting to subscribe. Also looking forward to this blog!
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Noice
flaurie
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
:gah:
Chemusen
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Right, I forgot about this. Update coming soon. I got a good third of my way through writing one when I clicked off and I don't have the effort to do it again. I'm not well and I'm not in a good mood, but at some point I do need to start this. Back soon.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (310)
57.84%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (76)
14.18%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (59)
11.01%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (45)
8.4%
I haven't started researching yet (26)
4.85%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
3.73%

Watched Threads