University of Aberdeen A100 2022 entry

Watch this thread
becausethenight
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Welcome to the University of Aberdeen A100 2022 Entry Discussion.

Aberdeen A100 2021 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6560508

For general information click: https://www.abdn.ac.uk/smmsn/undergr...cine/index.php

For entry requirements click: https://www.abdn.ac.uk/smmsn/undergr...quirements.php

Aberdeen A100 2022 Offer Holders' thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=7180539

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!
Last edited by ecolier; 5 months ago
LidaH
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 months ago
Dors Aberdeen take in account additional A levels (over 3) to compansate for lower UCAT?
tommycorleone
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by LidaH)
Dors Aberdeen take in account additional A levels (over 3) to compansate for lower UCAT?
This isn't the best thread for an answer like this, imo. I think it's better if you go to the University of Aberdeen 2022 Entry Thread as people will be looking at stuff like this more over there.
Yahyasaif
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Hi,I just came back after taking my UCAT. Really stressed about the result. I got 2800, with 680 in VR. The real problem is that I have a band 4, which has taken me by surprise. Not once did get anything lower than band 2 on the mocks. So I was wondering, are there any applicants who got into Warwick med with a band 4 in situational judgement?
Queen2020
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by cocoabeaneo)
I emailed [email protected]
Hi did you email them and get actual feedback on why your application got rejected? Because In my rejection email it said that they can’t delve into specifics so if I email them would they actually give feedback? Thanks
Queen2020
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
I emailed [email protected]
What kind of feedback did they give? Did they tell you if you got rejected because of the UCAT score/ work experience because I really need to know why I was rejected 😭
cocoabeaneo
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Queen2020)
What kind of feedback did they give? Did they tell you if you got rejected because of the UCAT score/ work experience because I really need to know why I was rejected 😭
I think it’s only interview feedback they give, as they provided generic feedback (scored between excellent - below satisfactory) for each station of the MMI.

would you mind sharing what your UCAT / work experience placements were? Then we could get an idea of why you were rejected pre-interview
Queen2020
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
I think it’s only interview feedback they give, as they provided generic feedback (scored between excellent - below satisfactory) for each station of the MMI.

would you mind sharing what your UCAT / work experience placements were? Then we could get an idea of why you were rejected pre-interview
Hi yes so my degree is in chemical engineering 2:1. My UCAT was 2690 with 640 in VR (Band 2 in SJT). My work experience was two different work experiences as a health care assistant, one in a care home and one doing door to door care in people’s homes. Total number of hours was 170. Thanks in advance
Last edited by Queen2020; 11 months ago
cocoabeaneo
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Queen2020)
Hi yes so my degree is in chemical engineering 2:1. My UCAT was 2690 with 640 in VR (Band 2 in SJT). My work experience was two different work experiences as a health care assistant, one in a care home and one doing door to door care in people’s homes. Total number of hours was 170. Thanks in advance
Sounds like your work experience was all good. You prob only just missed the UCAT cutoff - i don’t think the official cutoff has been published yet but there’s this spreadsheet where you can see the UCAT scores of each applicant (on TSR) who received an interview. The lowest was 2720 so you must’ve been super close

are you reapplying this year / sitting the UCAT again?

Edit: here’s last years spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Ri1D_YHEQ/edit
Last edited by cocoabeaneo; 11 months ago
Queen2020
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Sounds like your work experience was all good. You prob only just missed the UCAT cutoff - i don’t think the official cutoff has been published yet but there’s this spreadsheet where you can see the UCAT scores of each applicant (on TSR) who received an interview. The lowest was 2720 so you must’ve been super close

are you reapplying this year / sitting the UCAT again?

Edit: here’s last years spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Ri1D_YHEQ/edit
Yeah I realized I did just miss the UCAT cut off! Yes I’ll be applying again this year and I have my UCAT very soon so I hope this time I get higher than 2690. I have revised more this year so I really hope I get a better score! How about yourself will you be applying this year?
duggy1010
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by AGS97)
hey everyone! didnt see a thread so i started one. i am about to go into 2nd year, got 755 b1, 4 interviews and picked aberdeen. let me know if anyone needs help
Hi am I want to know if I’m competitive I’m not sure what they priorities my stats are
2570 band 2
predicitons A*A*A
gcse: 998888876
duggy1010
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Am I competitive with my 2570 band 2 A*A*A predictions with 998888876 gcse? Idk if I should apply sorry I’m early it’s just my school has a deadline next week
duggy1010
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by shannonritchiex)
Hello, I received a conditional offer today! Stuck between Aberdeen and St Andrews but swaying towards Aberdeen. Super excited to (potentially) meet you all.
What are your stats i wanna go to them but idk if I should apply
abh27sss
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by duggy1010)
Am I competitive with my 2570 band 2 A*A*A predictions with 998888876 gcse? Idk if I should apply sorry I’m early it’s just my school has a deadline next week
The lowest UCAT score they invited to interview for RUK was 2650 last year...
https://www.abdn.ac.uk/smmsn/undergr...sions-data.php
duggy1010
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by abh27sss)
The lowest UCAT score they invited to interview for RUK was 2650 last year...
https://www.abdn.ac.uk/smmsn/undergr...sions-data.php
Oh ok thank you, I have a irish passport but I lived in manchester for past 5 years am I still RUK?
abh27sss
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by duggy1010)
Oh ok thank you, I have a irish passport but I lived in manchester for past 5 years am I still RUK?
I am not sure, it's way more complex for a person on TSR to answer. Even if you are classified as International, the lowest score was 2600... I think at this stage, if you're not sure of your fee status (whether you're RUK or International), the first thing is to figure this out.
duggy1010
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by abh27sss)
I am not sure, it's way more complex for a person on TSR to answer. Even if you are classified as International, the lowest score was 2600... I think at this stage, if you're not sure of your fee status (whether you're RUK or International), the first thing is to figure this out.
Ok either way I don’t make the average so imma not apply there thanks for the help tho imma look into dundee
maverick75
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Hi, would an IB predicted 36 (HL666) and ucat 2670 sjt band 2 be likely to get an interview offer? As an International applicant.
My GCSE’s are 6A* 2A (Econs & music)1 B
Last edited by maverick75; 10 months ago
SatSubh
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Hi, thanks for being helpful to students like us GANFYD

I am an international students, will still be age 17 (Sep 2022) and considering Aberdeen as a shortlist. Would value your views

1. iGCSE: Advanced Mathematics - A*, Extended Mathematics - A*, Chemistry - A*, Biology - A*, Physics - A*, Computer Science - A*, French - A, Eng Literature - A and Eng Language - B
2. IB Predicted: Chemistry HL - 7, Biology HL-7, Mathematics AA HL -7, Economics SL -7, English SL - 6, French - 5
3. UCAT: 2600, SJT: Band 2

Is this university a good shortlist and the chances of getting an interview call?
Last edited by SatSubh; 10 months ago
catgirl18
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by inquisitivethong)
This is how they use your academic attainment:
Do you have one of these for undergrad?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (29)
17.68%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (41)
25%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (85)
51.83%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (9)
5.49%

Watched Threads