eimearquinn
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
Home means Scottish for Scottish med schools. England, Wales, Ireland are RUK and EU would be International. Fee status us key to cut offs for Scottish scools - Aberdeen only has abot 20 places for RUK and fewer than that for internationals
20 places for UK? Are you serious? :/ how am I supposed to get in with that
la_03
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Am I competitive enough for Aberdeen?
RUK student
I got 2700 UCAT score
GCSE- 9888887776
A-level predictions- A*AA EPQ- A
Last edited by la_03; 1 month ago
duggy1010
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by la_03)
Am I competitive enough for Aberdeen?
RUK student
I got 2700 UCAT score
GCSE- 9888887776
A-level predictions- A*AA EPQ- A
Maybe
prab123889
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hello undergrad here just did my UCAT today. Just wondering which unis I can apply to and which ones I'm most likely to get into!

A-Levels (achieved)- bio chem and maths: A*A*A*
GCSE- 9887666654 (these include 6s in English and 8 in maths. bio-7 chem-8 and physics-9

UCAT: 2800
VR- 570
DM- 670
QR- 760
AR- 800
SJT- Band 2

Applied for Plymouth, hull, kent, and Liverpool last year. only got an interview at Plymouth and the score was only 5 points off the cut-off ://

Work experience- worked in Sainsbury's for a year lol and going to shadow in a hospital with physios, consultants, surgeons, pharmacists for a week starting tomorrow. also going to work in the NHS as a nursing assistant for a year throughout my gap year. going to volunteer for the NHS also. also volunteered at a care home for 3 days. and done bsms virtual work experience and observe gp virtual work experience

Will I be able to get in for aberdeen?
duggy1010
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by tommycorleone)
Where did y'all get your placement for GP Year 1? I got placed in Inverurie.
How did u get in
duggy1010
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I received an email in my Outlook inbox stating that this was my GP Placement for the year. I didn't do anything lol. I think many of our sessions will be online this time.
Lol I mean how u get into uni I’m out here at risk of failing life
Sloth_Roman
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
GCSEs 9999999997
UCAT 2760
VR 550
DM 740
QR 700
AR 770
SJT Band 1

What are my odds at getting an interview?
Last edited by Sloth_Roman; 4 weeks ago
tommycorleone
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by duggy1010)
Lol I mean how u get into uni I’m out here at risk of failing life
The usual route, really. I applied to 5 medicine unis (4 in UCAS and 1 out of UCAS) and got interviewed by 3 of them. Out of my 3 interviews, I got rejected by 1 and received 2 offers. I decided to go with Aberdeen at the last second. That's it really. It's a lengthy process that really drains your energy out and makes you feel hopeless at times (I'm sure that's what you're feeling now) but in the end, if you put in enough hardwork, it should work out alright :-)

The key over here is, looking at your UCAT score (and grades if you are a UK/EU student) and applying strategically. Apply based on the strengths of your score/grades.
Last edited by tommycorleone; 4 weeks ago
Rocster01
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The usual route, really. I applied to 5 medicine unis (4 in UCAS and 1 out of UCAS) and got interviewed by 3 of them. Out of my 3 interviews, I got rejected by 1 and received 2 offers. I decided to go with Aberdeen at the last second. That's it really. It's a lengthy process that really drains your energy out and makes you feel hopeless at times (I'm sure that's what you're feeling now) but in the end, if you put in enough hardwork, it should work out alright :-)

The key over here is, looking at your UCAT score (and grades if you are a UK/EU student) and applying strategically. Apply based on the strengths of your score/grades.
How did you apply to a medicine uni out of UCAS?
sjjjjj19
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi guys, are there any RUK graduates here? If so do you guys get a maintenance loan from sfe? I've been asking around and no one knows
tommycorleone
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Rocster01)
How did you apply to a medicine uni out of UCAS?
A few medicine universities were allowing students to apply via their website last year :-)
I'm not sure if that is the case this year. You can try searching them up!
Laynz1
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Would a ucat of 2260 560 VR and good work experience be enough for Warwick grad med... I realise my score is below their cut off last year but would my work exp not help me seen as they worthy work exp a lot ?
scavo86
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Laynz1)
Would a ucat of 2260 560 VR and good work experience be enough for Warwick grad med... I realise my score is below their cut off last year but would my work exp not help me seen as they worthy work exp a lot ?
That is not going to do the job, sadly.
Blackfyrel
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Sloth_Roman)
GCSEs 9999999997
UCAT 2760
VR 550
DM 740
QR 700
AR 770
SJT Band 1

What are my odds at getting an interview?
Stats wise you’re ok. Make sure to work on your personal statement.
Blackfyrel
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by prab123889)
Hello undergrad here just did my UCAT today. Just wondering which unis I can apply to and which ones I'm most likely to get into!

A-Levels (achieved)- bio chem and maths: A*A*A*
GCSE- 9887666654 (these include 6s in English and 8 in maths. bio-7 chem-8 and physics-9

UCAT: 2800
VR- 570
DM- 670
QR- 760
AR- 800
SJT- Band 2

Applied for Plymouth, hull, kent, and Liverpool last year. only got an interview at Plymouth and the score was only 5 points off the cut-off ://

Work experience- worked in Sainsbury's for a year lol and going to shadow in a hospital with physios, consultants, surgeons, pharmacists for a week starting tomorrow. also going to work in the NHS as a nursing assistant for a year throughout my gap year. going to volunteer for the NHS also. also volunteered at a care home for 3 days. and done bsms virtual work experience and observe gp virtual work experience

Will I be able to get in for aberdeen?
For personal statement you would have had to be able to reflect on the work experience you already have so I’m not entirely sure how that is going to turn out if you don’t have any experience yet. Best of luck though.
Laynz1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Iv got Gamsat to fall back on..... just wondered
Valley016
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Would applying to Aberdeen as home applicant with UCAT: 2600 B2, and achieved A Levels : A* A* A , Be risky? Any help would be appreciated
Valley016
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Would applying to Aberdeen as home applicant with UCAT: 2600 B2, and achieved A Levels : A* A* A , Be risky? Any help would be appreciated
Valley016
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Blackfyrel
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Valley016)
As a Scottish applicant you should be sound, the UCAT cutoff tends to be much lower, at least for interview
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (310)
57.94%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (75)
14.02%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (59)
11.03%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (45)
8.41%
I haven't started researching yet (26)
4.86%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
3.74%

Watched Threads