RA:)
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Coolkingz)
I think I will, thank you! Are you a student at ARU?
Yep
Coolkingz
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by RA:))
Yep
Niceeeee, maybe I'll be there soon!
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Niceeeee, maybe I'll be there soon!
Good luck!
ashluv
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I live in Essex and my UCAT score is 2500 b2, do you think it would be risky applying there?
ariannadimartino
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by studentLuna)
I haven’t narrowed it down yet but so far I’m considering KCL for the EMDP course, ARU ofc, Sunderland, KMMS, Liverpool. But seeing the interim deciles idk if I even have a chance anywhere 😭
What about you?
ARU, kmms, st george's and KCL ( The last one is crazy I know lool, but I want to give it a try) Don't worry btw, we've got this!!
davideg
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's hard to say but I believe they will (hopefully not by too much).
There are two factors in play AFAIKS.

More people taking UCAT this year, is it 2000 more? - so there is more competition.
People maybe applying in larger numbers for mid-ranking Unis this year.

That would suggest that the UCAT score will be a bit higher.
KA_P
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do you think I would be safe applying to ARU with 2670 band 3? Achieved grades A* Biology AA in Chemistry and Maths and A* in EPQ. Would the Band 3 put me at a disadvantage post interview if I were to get an interview?
hanya138
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
is it worth applying to ARU as a graduate with an average UCAT of 660?
laurab_
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Would it be worth applying to ARU with a UCAT score of 2440 B2?
Last edited by laurab_; 1 month ago
CoochieMan
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How does ARU decide who to interview and do they soley use interview performance when deciding who gets offers?

Thanks
studentLuna
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CoochieMan)
How does ARU decide who to interview and do they soley use interview performance when deciding who gets offers?

Thanks
From my understanding, they rank based on UCAT as long as you meet minimum A-Levels/GCSEs and then give out interviews. Whilst offers are only subjective to interview performance and reading of PS between two similar scoring candidates?
Not 100% sure, so probably wait for someone with more experience to reply but this is just my understanding.
CoochieMan
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by studentLuna)
From my understanding, they rank based on UCAT as long as you meet minimum A-Levels/GCSEs and then give out interviews. Whilst offers are only subjective to interview performance and reading of PS between two similar scoring candidates?
Not 100% sure, so probably wait for someone with more experience to reply but this is just my understanding.
Ah thank you so much! Good luck with your application if you're applying
Coolkingz
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Does anyone know if ARU will be doing their interviews online again? I have checked their website and I can't find anything on it. I ask because they say that their interviews will occur between "6 - 14 December 2021" and "6 - 14 January 2022" and I'm going abroad in early January :/
I emailed them and they replied with this:
"Many thanks for your email and interest in our Medicine MBChB. We are anticipating that interviews will be held in person this year, however, we are still making final changes and this may change.

Our website will be updated with the latest information."
Not what I wanted to hear
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I emailed them and they replied with this:
"Many thanks for your email and interest in our Medicine MBChB. We are anticipating that interviews will be held in person this year, however, we are still making final changes and this may change.

Our website will be updated with the latest information."
Not what I wanted to hear
Interviews are much more natural in person! Is the travelling a problem?
Coolkingz
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Interviews are much more natural in person! Is the travelling a problem?
Yeah I'm going to be abroad in January but I'll be back by the 12th and their January slot is from 6th to 14th January so maybe they'd allow me to have the interview between the 12th and 14th? (Assuming I firstly got an interview and secondly got the January window rather than the December one).
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah I'm going to be abroad in January but I'll be back by the 12th and their January slot is from 6th to 14th January so maybe they'd allow me to have the interview between the 12th and 14th? (Assuming I firstly got an interview and secondly got the January window rather than the December one).
Historically, they’ve given interview invites based on high to low UCAT score. I recall yours being on the higher end so there’s a fairly good chance you’d be invited for the December interviews (considering UCAT cutoffs don’t suddenly go ridiculously high this year). They’ve also always given the chance for you to book a specific date and time which suits you best… Obviously there’s a risk there though as nothing is certain to be the same this year. It’s probably something worth pondering over
Last edited by RA:); 1 month ago
becausethenight
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
They do sometimes ask in advance for you to say if you can't make certain dates etc? So they could let you say you won't be there, especially if they're pre-publishing dates anyway.
Coolkingz
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Historically, they’ve given interview invites based on high to low UCAT score. I recall yours being on the higher end so there’s a fairly good chance you’d be invited for the December interviews (considering UCAT cutoffs don’t suddenly go ridiculously high this year). They’ve also always given the chance for you to book a specific date and time which suits you best… Obviously there’s a risk there though as nothing is certain to be the same this year. It’s probably something worth pondering over
Yeah hopefully it works out, I really don't wanna miss the interview
Coolkingz
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by becausethenight)
They do sometimes ask in advance for you to say if you can't make certain dates etc? So they could let you say you won't be there, especially if they're pre-publishing dates anyway.
Interesting, I'll keep that in mind thanks
Aspiringmedic279
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hello everyone,

I've been scrolling through student room for a few days now trying to ascertain where would be best to apply. I'm in my final year of my biomedical science degree and I'm looking at undergraduate medicine.
There are people with higher stats than me getting rejected and people with lower stats getting interviews so if anyone could give me some clarity and soothe my nerves it would be much appreciated!

My stats:
UK student
Predicted 1st in Biomedical Science
Ucat: 2670 B3. I scored above 500 in all sections with 740 VR
A levels: absolutely awful so out of the question haha
GCSE: 5 A's 5 B's
Work experience: volunteering for over a year at a busy London hospital.

I also live in the ARU catchment area. Do you think my stats would put me in good standing for an interview?
Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (315)
57.59%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (76)
13.89%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (61)
11.15%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (48)
8.78%
I haven't started researching yet (26)
4.75%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (21)
3.84%

Watched Threads