prab123889
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hello undergrad here just did my UCAT today. Just wondering which unis I can apply to and which ones I'm most likely to get into!

A-Levels (achieved)- bio chem and maths: A*A*A*
GCSE- 9887666654 (these include 6s in English and 8 in maths. bio-7 chem-8 and physics-9

UCAT: 2800
VR- 570
DM- 670
QR- 760
AR- 800
SJT- Band 2

Applied for Plymouth, hull, kent, and Liverpool last year. only got an interview at Plymouth and the score was only 5 points off the cut-off ://

Work experience- worked in Sainsbury's for a year lol and going to shadow in a hospital with physios, consultants, surgeons, pharmacists for a week starting tomorrow. also going to work in the NHS as a nursing assistant for a year throughout my gap year. going to volunteer for the NHS also. also volunteered at a care home for 3 days. and done bsms virtual work experience and observe gp virtual work experience

Will I be able to get in for ARU?
RA:)
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey all, current medic at ARU. If you have any q’s about the campus/city/course feel free to reply on this thread or PM me. (Won’t be answering any admissions related q’s lol)
PastelColours
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by RA:))
Hey all, current medic at ARU. If you have any q’s about the campus/city/course feel free to reply on this thread or PM me. (Won’t be answering any admissions related q’s lol)
this is literally the silliest question ever but ive always wondered where in the world do you guys do your food shopping because it always looks like accommodation is so far from a town so does ARU have a town centre nearby for leisure and shopping etc which is accessible without driving?
Last edited by PastelColours; 3 weeks ago
GANFYD
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by PastelColours)
this is literally the silliest question ever but ive always wondered where in the world do you guys do your food shopping because it always looks like accommodation is so far from a town so does ARU have a town centre nearby for leisure and shopping etc which is accessible without driving?
These are the real questions that need to be asked! And about Deliveroo and Uber Eats?!
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Nooo, everything is so close to campus. I’ve literally not got the bus once since I got here. It’s like a 15 minute walk into town and I do my grocery shop from the Tesco’s there. Loads of shops and a decent amount of restaurants in town as well as an odeon, a few pubs/bars and a couple of clubs. There’s a convenience store on campus (prices aren’t even that bad tbh), and a co-op about a 3 minute walk away from campus. Everything is honestly so close by. Also a papa johns, subway and Chinese takeout literally 30 seconds away from where I live on campus which is convenient haha
Last edited by RA:); 3 weeks ago
KA_P
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I found this FOI request from last year's thread if anyone wants.
Attached files
PastelColours
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Nooo, everything is so close to campus. I’ve literally not got the bus once since I got here. It’s like a 15 minute walk into town and I do my grocery shop from the Tesco’s there. Loads of shops and a decent amount of restaurants in town as well as an odeon, a few pubs/bars and a couple of clubs. There’s a convenience store on campus (prices aren’t even that bad tbh), and a co-op about a 3 minute walk away from campus. Everything is honestly so close by. Also a papa johns, subway and Chinese takeout literally 30 seconds away from where I live on campus which is convenient haha
Ah ok, not too bad lol. Is it true you have to pay to use washing machines? 😭
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Ah ok, not too bad lol. Is it true you have to pay to use washing machines? 😭
Yeah you do, there’s two laundrettes on campus. Ones like embedded between peoples flats and the other is where the takeout places are on campus (this one is triple the price of the other one so we avoid it haha)
KA_P
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi,
Does anyone know how many people were accepted with band 3 sjt last year? I'm just wondering if it's safe for me to apply to ARU with band 3. Like looking at last year's thread, I think someone said that they look at sjt in borderline cases. I have a UCAT score of 2670 and achieved A-levels of A*AA and A* in EPQ.
Thank you!
CoochieMan
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
How much does ARU use UCAT post interview?
GANFYD
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by CoochieMan)
How much does ARU use UCAT post interview?
It doesn't
CoochieMan
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
It doesn't
I think I got confused between ARU and UEA (fsr)

Unless UEA doesn't use UCAT post int? Then idk where I got that from
WTSBLG
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by CoochieMan)
I think I got confused between ARU and UEA (fsr)

Unless UEA doesn't use UCAT post int? Then idk where I got that from
UEA uses UCAT post interview 50% interview score + SJT then 50% cognitive score
CoochieMan
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by WTSBLG)
UEA uses UCAT post interview 50% interview score + SJT then 50% cognitive score
Okay good 😭 Maybe I'm not losing my mind just yet

Thanks!
Last edited by CoochieMan; 3 weeks ago
yasmine57
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Are you able to intercalate during your degree at ARU?
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by yasmine57)
Are you able to intercalate during your degree at ARU?
Yes, after 3rd year. Although they seem to have strict requirements about it. For example, you have to pass all your end of year formatives first time round and be in like the top something percent of the year to be able to take the year out
Last edited by RA:); 3 weeks ago
KA_P
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi just found this FOI if anyone wants to take a look.
Attached files
PastelColours
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yes, after 3rd year. Although they seem to have strict requirements about it. For example, you have to pass all your end of year formatives first time round and be in like the top something percent of the year to be able to take the year out
do you think intercalation is 'useful' anymore as it doesnt count to your sjt score anymore?
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
do you think intercalation is 'useful' anymore as it doesnt count to your sjt score anymore?
Pretty sure it never counted towards your sjt score anyway as that’s a completely different exam? I thought it just gave you extra points for foundation year allocation… either way I think it depends on everyone’s preference. You might be interested in furthering your knowledge in a certain area that isn’t covered during the degree or you might just enjoy research and all that jazz
anon123456789!
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by KA_P)
Do you think I would be safe applying to ARU with 2670 band 3? Achieved grades A* Biology AA in Chemistry and Maths and A* in EPQ. Would the Band 3 put me at a disadvantage post interview if I were to get an interview?
Hey I’ve got the same grades and ucat as you and I’m considering applying to ARU too! I saw that ARU reject those with band 4 but they accept bands 1-3. What other unis are you planning on applying to?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (48)
13.56%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (93)
26.27%
I'm a bit unsure (62)
17.51%
I'm finding things difficult (121)
34.18%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (30)
8.47%

Watched Threads