yasmine57
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi I am reapply and I got 2550 band 2 in my ucat would it be safe for me to apply for ARU. I have achieved A*AA.
anon123456789!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Does ARU care if you get Band 3?
RA:)
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by anon123456789!)
Does ARU care if you get Band 3?
No
PastelColours
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by RA:))
Pretty sure it never counted towards your sjt score anyway as that’s a completely different exam? I thought it just gave you extra points for foundation year allocation… either way I think it depends on everyone’s preference. You might be interested in furthering your knowledge in a certain area that isn’t covered during the degree or you might just enjoy research and all that jazz
oh I thought you had to take a test called the sjt which contributes towards foundation year allocation? maybe its called something else my mistake lol
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by PastelColours)
oh I thought you had to take a test called the sjt which contributes towards foundation year allocation? maybe its called something else my mistake lol
Yeah you do take an SJT exam but intercalation doesn’t have anything to do with it?😂
PastelColours
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah you do take an SJT exam but intercalation doesn’t have anything to do with it?😂
ignore me, Im clearly tired and need sleep lolll
A_02
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi all, would a UCAT score of 2490 and a Band 3 be ok to apply to ARU or would it be too risky?
GANFYD
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by A_02)
Hi all, would a UCAT score of 2490 and a Band 3 be ok to apply to ARU or would it be too risky?
It should be fine, or we are all doomed!
KA_P
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by A_02)
Honestly, I've just gone for it. They haven't given us much info to work with
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by KA_P)
Honestly, I've just gone for it. They haven't given us much info to work with
What do you mean they haven’t given much info to work with? What info are you trying to find?😂
KA_P
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What do you mean they haven’t given much info to work with? What info are you trying to find?😂
The band 3 🥲, I looked on their FOIs and last year's thread, but couldn't find anything about ppl with band 3 getting interviews or offers, only band 1 or 2 is what I saw, since most ppl were only mentioning their total UCAT score without sjt band and the only time they mentioned it was when they got band 1 or 2
Sooni4
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Does anyone know what the UCAT cut-off mark is for ARU? Im kind of stuck with applying to universities my score is 2370 and Band 2. My A levels and GCSEs meet the requirements. Its just my UCAT :/
EmmaGem
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi, I am thinking of applying to Anglia Ruskin but am concerned because I do not live in the East areas that ARU prefers. Does anyone know what weight ARU give to those who live in it's designated areas ? How much disadvantage am I at if I live in a different area ? I have 3 A*s at A level and UCAT 2860.
Coolkingz
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by EmmaGem)
Hi, I am thinking of applying to Anglia Ruskin but am concerned because I do not live in the East areas that ARU prefers. Does anyone know what weight ARU give to those who live in it's designated areas ? How much disadvantage am I at if I live in a different area ? I have 3 A*s at A level and UCAT 2860.
If I remember correctly, the only advantage of being from those designated areas was a slightly lower UCAT cutoff for interview (2390 for those designated areas vs 2430 for the rest). Hopefully we should be fine!
EmmaGem
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Coolkingz)
If I remember correctly, the only advantage of being from those designated areas was a slightly lower UCAT cutoff for interview (2390 for those designated areas vs 2430 for the rest). Hopefully we should be fine!
Thank you. I have read the course outline on the ARU website. I find these difficult to interpret if it is not set out in plain x hours of lecture, y hours of practical with z hours in hospital each week/term. Does anyone have more info about the ARU course than it gives on it's website. ? Hope this is not too daft a question.
Coolkingz
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thank you. I have read the course outline on the ARU website. I find these difficult to interpret if it is not set out in plain x hours of lecture, y hours of practical with z hours in hospital each week/term. Does anyone have more info about the ARU course than it gives on it's website. ? Hope this is not too daft a question.
RA:) might be able to help!
GANFYD
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Sooni4)
Does anyone know what the UCAT cut-off mark is for ARU? Im kind of stuck with applying to universities my score is 2370 and Band 2. My A levels and GCSEs meet the requirements. Its just my UCAT :/
2430 for last year, or 2390 if local
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by KA_P)
The band 3 🥲, I looked on their FOIs and last year's thread, but couldn't find anything about ppl with band 3 getting interviews or offers, only band 1 or 2 is what I saw, since most ppl were only mentioning their total UCAT score without sjt band and the only time they mentioned it was when they got band 1 or 2
Pretty sure they except bands 1-3 and do not use this in any way during the selection process apart from making sure you don’t have band 4. Email to double check if you can’t find anything on their website
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I mean, I don’t think any uni is going to have a full timetable on their website as they’re never confirmed until last minute? This week I had 19 lectures, they’re supposed to be 45 minutes long (lecturers tend to go over) and we were given a lot of SML (student managed learning… so basically independent study) as it was our first week. Next week I have the whole of Monday in person and 16 lectures, so pretty much full 9-4 days. All being well second semester is supposed to be fully in person. I can’t give an amount of time spent doing ‘practicals’ as there are still covid regulations in place so we only have official sessions in the med school one day a week until January. We start placement in November (so pretty early compared to other medical schools) and at the end of the year I’m pretty sure we have like a 3 week block placement in a hospital. If you have the chance, go to the open day’s as you have the chance to ask these sorts of specific questions… if not, emailing the med admissions is always a good shout
KA_P
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Pretty sure they except bands 1-3 and do not use this in any way during the selection process apart from making sure you don’t have band 4. Email to double check if you can’t find anything on their website
Okay thank you )
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (316)
57.66%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (76)
13.87%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (61)
11.13%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (48)
8.76%
I haven't started researching yet (26)
4.74%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (21)
3.83%

Watched Threads