University of Nottingham A101 2022 Entry

Watch this thread
becausethenight
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 11 months ago

Welcome to the University of Nottingham A101 (Graduate Entry Medicine) 2022 Entry Discussion.

For general information click: https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/ugstudy...-Medicine-BMBS

For entry requirements click: https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/ugstudy...S#requirements

Nottingham A101 (GEM) 2022 Offer Holders' thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=7180542

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!
Last edited by ecolier; 4 months ago
Liya17545
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 months ago
will a score of 130 with the highest score being 152 be asked for an interview
becausethenight
Rep:
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by Liya17545)
will a score of 130 with the highest score being 152 be asked for an interview
Are you thinking of the A100 course?
As I understand it grads applying to A101 are scored on GAMSAT out of 300: https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/medicin...n-process.aspx
notsure_111
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Hi,I have just worked out my Ucat and gcse score and it has come to 92/152 for the Nottingham A100. Although my Ucat score was 3100, I got a band 3 which has drastically reduced my score. Do you think it would be worth applying to Nottingham or would it be a waste of a choice? Looking at last years scoring I would have got 51 which I'm sure would have given me a great chance for an interview. Any advice would greatly appreciated. Thanks from someone who is really confused
becausethenight
Rep:
(Original post by notsure_111)
Hi,I have just worked out my Ucat and gcse score and it has come to 92/152 for the Nottingham A100. Although my Ucat score was 3100, I got a band 3 which has drastically reduced my score. Do you think it would be worth applying to Nottingham or would it be a waste of a choice? Looking at last years scoring I would have got 51 which I'm sure would have given me a great chance for an interview. Any advice would greatly appreciated. Thanks from someone who is really confused
As above, are you thinking of the A100 course? This is the thread for GEM.
For A100, that is likely to be well below any cutoff unfortunately.
notsure_111
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by becausethenight)
As above, are you thinking of the A100 course? This is the thread for GEM.
For A100, that is likely to be well below any cutoff unfortunately.
Thanks for the advice.
Yes Im thinking of the A100 course. I'm thinking Leicester and Sheffield especially with my high Ucat. Sheffield scoring for SJT is only a difference of 2 points at interview and Leicester is mainly UCAT score at which I am at 31 and the max is 32 and not SJT as long as you get bands 1-3. I score 60/64 on the scoring criteria for gcse and UCAT for Leicester.
Maybe also Birmingham because I fit into their contextual and polar quintile criteria and have used their online tool to see whether I would get an interview, which came back as likely, but I dont know if that would be risky as they use SJT heavily in MMIs. 4th choice I'm not sure. I was thinking of Bristol or QMUL. Any comments/advice welcomed.
Last edited by notsure_111; 10 months ago
becausethenight
Rep:
(Original post by notsure_111)
Thanks for the advice.
Yes Im thinking of the A100 course. I'm thinking Leicester and Sheffield especially with my high Ucat. Sheffield scoring for SJT is only a difference of 2 points at interview and Leicester is mainly UCAT score at which I am at 31 and the max is 32 and not SJT as long as you get bands 1-3. I score 60/64 on the scoring criteria for gcse and UCAT for Leicester.
Maybe also Birmingham because I fit into their contextual and polar quintile criteria and have used their online tool to see whether I would get an interview, which came back as likely, but I dont know if that would be risky as they use SJT heavily in MMIs. 4th choice I'm not sure. I was thinking of Bristol or QMUL. Any comments/advice welcomed.
This thread is for Nottingham GEM, so advising on stats would be off topic!
Please do post in the "Which Med School" thread for this kind of advice: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...7#post95824597
HCC10/10
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Hi,

Working on Nottingham scoring for A100 entry 2022, I have a score of 105/152 would that be sufficient for an interview?

Many thanks
username5702645
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Will a score of 132 be good enough to guarantee an interview?
becausethenight
Rep:
(Original post by HCC10/10)
Hi,

Working on Nottingham scoring for A100 entry 2022, I have a score of 105/152 would that be sufficient for an interview?

Many thanks
(Original post by Hyperadder04)
Will a score of 132 be good enough to guarantee an interview?
If this is for A100 (standard undergraduate medicine) not GEM, please post here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...post&t=7089697
Laynz1
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Hi.. looking to apply for 2022. What do you think the Gamsat cut off will be this year ?
cmh-1995
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Laynz1)
Hi.. looking to apply for 2022. What do you think the Gamsat cut off will be this year ?
It’s so hard to say, maybe around 60? Last year was 59. I’m hoping they won’t go up again like they did last year as I have a score of 61. Normally that would be fine but it’s much more on the line this year I think!
Laynz1
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Hope not. And hate not knowing my score before I apply . Have you applied before ? I’m waiting fr my Nov results
Laynz1
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Hi!!! Any idea what the Gamsat cut off for a101 was last year ? And will I be guaranteed an interview if I meet their section minimum scores
2Ariadne2
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
Glad this page is here, good luck to everyone applying!
Laynz1
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
What makes a good application for Nottingham gem ?
mishotrexate
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
Do we have to enter gamsat details or GAMSAT ID anywhere on UCAS? if so where. Plz somebody help haha!!
micholate9
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by mishotrexate)
Do we have to enter gamsat details or GAMSAT ID anywhere on UCAS? if so where. Plz somebody help haha!!
No, ACER will send it across.
mishotrexate
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by micholate9)
No, ACER will send it across.
Thankyou! 1st time applying and clueless is an understatement!
micholate9
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by mishotrexate)
Thankyou! 1st time applying and clueless is an understatement!
No problem! In your GAMSAT registration, make sure you ticked UK under which country you're applying in. ACER will then email you to fill out a form by end of october where you provide your UCAS ID.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (55)
67.9%
In the post (3)
3.7%
Text (12)
14.81%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (11)
13.58%

Watched Threads