micholate9
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sophieamiller2)
Just received a request to fill out a form yes. I was going to ask what it will include, is it just about your work experience?
It seems to start and end dates of work experience and a 30 word summary. You can include up to 5.
micholate9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by London legal)
Thanks guys for the very quick response.

I'm quite confused and don't want to get excited. It's my first time applying after nursing the idea for a few years and GAMSAT was not a joke.

Do they even have specific work experience requirements? I work full time in Legal (hence the name) and was barely able to manage extra shifts as a volunteer and HCA on some wknds. I'm now worried I haven't done enough!
Did you receive the form today?

I'm in the same boat. I work in Finance full time and it's been hard juggling work, volunteering and studying for GAMSAT :ashamed2:

I don't think they have specific requirements. They are nowhere near as strict as Warwick for example!! From the open day, it definitely sounded like it was quality over quantity. Just reflect as much as you can on what you have managed to get done.

Good luck!
micholate9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by priyaya)
I applied last year and they only send out work experience forms to individuals who have met their GAMSAT cut off score and will most likey be invited to an interview. I'm surprised though! They seem to have sent out the forms really early this year
Hmm..I sat mine in September for the first time so i don't have results yet. Maybe it's different this year?
Docjae
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by micholate9)
Hmm..I sat mine in September for the first time so i don't have results yet. Maybe it's different this year?
I was thinking that it might be different this year. I’ve just received the questionnaire but in previous years they have only sent it to people they want to interview. I’ve sat the GAMSAT before though…
markkelly22_
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Anyone else weirded out by how early the work experience forms have been sent out this year ? Don’t know whether to feel good or worried about it 😂
Docjae
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by markkelly22_)
Anyone else weirded out by how early the work experience forms have been sent out this year ? Don’t know whether to feel good or worried about it 😂
Yeah I’m not sure whether everyone has received it or…
medicphd
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I haven't linked my GAMSAT and UCAS IDs together yet so there's no way they know my GAMSAT score, and I just received the work experience form. So they seem to be sending it out to everyone this year.
London legal
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Did you receive the form today?

I'm in the same boat. I work in Finance full time and it's been hard juggling work, volunteering and studying for GAMSAT :ashamed2:

I don't think they have specific requirements. They are nowhere near as strict as Warwick for example!! From the open day, it definitely sounded like it was quality over quantity. Just reflect as much as you can on what you have managed to get done.
Ahhh....always good to see another non-science grad 🙂

Yes, I got the questionnaire this afternoon. I see others are in the same boat too so we can assume it's being sent ahead of GAMSAT results. Let's now hope it's meets their standards.

Good luck to you too!
micholate9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Does anyone know if the form is assessed in any way? Or is it just to make sure you have actually done some work experience?
chugh
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
hey guys, this is not true. I received a questionnaire last year, but didnt get an interview. an questionnaire isn't indicative of a interview!
micholate9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Docjae)
I was thinking that it might be different this year. I’ve just received the questionnaire but in previous years they have only sent it to people they want to interview. I’ve sat the GAMSAT before though…
It sounds like everyone has received it.

Waiting for GAMSAT results is so painful :cry2:
Bexjw
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
They’ve changed the format of how they send stuff out. So previously, it used to be a indicator that you’d met the GAMSAT cut-off and that they would like to interview you if you had the experience. This year seems to be a screening process for everyone before or maybe as, the GAMSAT results come out (last year Nov 8th). Basically, everyone gets the questionnaire regardless of GAMSAT results being out or not.
Docjae
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Bexjw)
They’ve changed the format of how they send stuff out. So previously, it used to be a indicator that you’d met the GAMSAT cut-off and that they would like to interview you if you had the experience. This year seems to be a screening process for everyone before or maybe as, the GAMSAT results come out (last year Nov 8th). Basically, everyone gets the questionnaire regardless of GAMSAT results being out or not.
Yeah at the end of the questionnaire it says that this has been sent to all GEM applicants.
Bexjw
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yeah at the end of the questionnaire it says that this has been sent to all GEM applicants.
EDIT: I haven’t completed the questionnaire yet and if anyone else hasn’t, they wouldn’t know that.
Last edited by Bexjw; 1 month ago
Docjae
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Bexjw)
EDIT: I haven’t completed the questionnaire yet and if anyone else hasn’t, they wouldn’t know that.
Yeah of course. I was unsure about the situation as well until I completed it
Bexjw
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yeah of course. I was unsure about the situation as well until I completed it
Pretty much sums up the whole admission/ application process really! Blindly doing what’s asked of you whilst still having very little/ no idea what’s actually going on, or what it means! 😂
medicphd
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Has anyone put the online BSMS experience down on the form? They seem to only be interested in proper in-person experience but I haven't been able to get that much this year.
micholate9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by medicphd)
Has anyone put the online BSMS experience down on the form? They seem to only be interested in proper in-person experience but I haven't been able to get that much this year.
No, but I put another online one! I had some volunteering to include but no in-person shadowing otherwise.
JaimeParsons
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
No, but I put another online one! I had some volunteering to include but no in-person shadowing otherwise.
How did you put online work experience down on the form re. contact name/details? Not sure how to do it!
micholate9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JaimeParsons)
How did you put online work experience down on the form re. contact name/details? Not sure how to do it!
I just put down the email address that I received the certificate from! I didn't know what else to do..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (10)
11.11%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (1)
1.11%
Finding the time to revise (7)
7.78%
Finding the motivation (21)
23.33%
Getting distracted (14)
15.56%
Procrastination (36)
40%
Having the tools you need (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.11%

Watched Threads