The Student Room Group

Queen's University Belfast A100 2022 Entry

Hi there, thanks for checking out this thread. This is the 2022 Entry discussion for University of Belfast A100.

We're now onto the 2023 application cycle, you can find the 2023 thread here. Of course, you are still welcome to browse this thread as well, but please post in the 2023 one if you have questions about Belfast. :biggrin:

Welcome to the QUB A100 2022 Entry Discussion.

QUB A100 2021 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6560806

For general information click: https://www.qub.ac.uk/courses/underg...icine-mb-a100/

For entry requirements click: https://www.qub.ac.uk/courses/underg...mb-a100/#entry

QUB A100 2022 Offer Holders' thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7178114

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi,
Does anyone know the cut off score for 2021 entry?
I think I’ve seen on the document is was 30 for 2020 entry.

Thank you.
Original post by studentLuna
Hi,
Does anyone know the cut off score for 2021 entry?
I think I’ve seen on the document is was 30 for 2020 entry.

Thank you.

It may not have been released yet, but if you have a look at last year’s thread you might get an idea?
Original post by becausethenight
It may not have been released yet, but if you have a look at last year’s thread you might get an idea?

Ah thank you!
Reply 4
Hi, I've short-listed QUB as one of my choices but wondered if anyone know what the post-interview selection criteria consists of. I've emailed the admissions team, looked on TSR and the university website, but can't see it. Thanks, any information would be much appreciated.
Original post by zigs71
Hi, I've short-listed QUB as one of my choices but wondered if anyone know what the post-interview selection criteria consists of. I've emailed the admissions team, looked on TSR and the university website, but can't see it. Thanks, any information would be much appreciated.

Pretty sure it is just your interview score unless they say otherwise.
Reply 6
Original post by becausethenight
Pretty sure it is just your interview score unless they say otherwise.

Thank you so much.
Hi
QUB asks for A*AA but hasn’t explicitly stated that the A* needs to be in a particular subject! Does anyone know if it needs to be in Chemistry or is it enough for the A* to be in any of the 3 A levels, as long as you offer Chemistry as an A level
Hi
Thanks
I’ve emailed them to check.
I’ve spoken to QUB and they confirmed that A* can be in any subject
Is there anyone who have got in without A* in Chen? That way we can be absolutely sure
Reply 11
Original post by uniaspirant
Is there anyone who have got in without A* in Chen? That way we can be absolutely sure

Why would the med school lie to you? I think you can be sure if they tell you something that straightforward directly
Yes they were very pleasant too…! It’s just that it doesn’t explicitly state so on their website and I don’t have it in writing, just over the phone. Hence, I was looking to have some collateral too.
Original post by uniaspirant
Yes they were very pleasant too…! It’s just that it doesn’t explicitly state so on their website and I don’t have it in writing, just over the phone. Hence, I was looking to have some collateral too.

Bung them a quick email just saying "could I please have this in writing"?
I doubt it will be an issue but for 5 mins of your life to be reassured why not.
That’s true… thanks for that, very sensible
I shall do that.

I’m trying to gain my confidence back to pick up pace with BMAT, after the disastrous result of UCAT…. Proving hard though!

I worry about balancing BMAT and A level content!
Hi,

i currently have AAA a level predictions (no epq or AS) and 35 points from the gcses+ucat. I was wondering if it is worth me applying to QUB?
Because they ask for A*AA but in a levels so do predictions matter as much?? ( i used to do a 4th subject but dropped it so i could focus on the 3 hence now i may be more likely to acquire that A* in my actual a levels)
Thanks
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by beetle34
Hi,

i currently have AAA a level predictions (no epq or AS) and 35 points from the gcses+ucat. I was wondering if it is worth me applying to QUB?
Because they ask for A*AA but in a levels so do predictions matter as much?? ( i used to do a 4th subject but dropped it so i could focus on the 3 hence now i may be more likely to acquire that A* in my actual a levels)
Thanks

I think they will reject anyone whose predictions do not meet their minimum requirements
I was thinking off applying to QUB (predicted A*A*A) and I’ve got a total of 33 points from GCSE and UCAT, do you think it’ll be too risky because it’s pretty close to the cut offs for the last few years?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by estelliar
I was thinking off applying to QUB (predicted A*A*A) and I’ve got a total of 33 points from GCSE and UCAT, do you think it’ll be too risky because it’s pretty close to the cut offs for the last few years?

It did seem cut offs may have gone up a little last year, so have a read through last year's thread to see what sort of scores got an interview. QUB would ususally publish their cut offs and updated selection document before the UCAS deadline, but most unis seem to be holding back at present. They have also hinted they may be changing shortlisting, so do keep an eye on things
QUB have published the 2022 entry requirements and there doesn’t seem to be any change from previous years

Quick Reply

Latest