Queen's University Belfast A100 2022 Entry

Watch this thread
GANFYD
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by uniaspirant)
QUB have published the 2022 entry requirements and there doesn’t seem to be any change from previous years
Good on them! Others are procrastinating.
And cut off only up a little on the year before. I do think that CAGs grade inflation for GCSEs for English applicants are going to mean QUB may look very attractive to a lot of them. I am not sure if NI had the same doubling of the number of A* equivalents the England did? If not, it may mean NI students are at a slight disadvantage and may move the cut off up a little
SatSubh
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 months ago
Hi, thanks for being helpful to students like us GANFYD

I am an international students, will still be age 17 (Sep 2022) and considering QUB as a shortlist. Would value your views

1. iGCSE: Advanced Mathematics - A*, Extended Mathematics - A*, Chemistry - A*, Biology - A*, Physics - A*, Computer Science - A*, French - A, Eng Literature - A and Eng Language - B
2. IB Predicted: Chemistry HL - 7, Biology HL-7, Mathematics AA HL -7, Economics SL -7, English SL - 6, French - 5
3. UCAT: 2600, SJT: Band 2

Is this university a good shortlist and the chances of getting an interview call?
e-m-m
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
Good on them! Others are procrastinating.
And cut off only up a little on the year before. I do think that CAGs grade inflation for GCSEs for English applicants are going to mean QUB may look very attractive to a lot of them. I am not sure if NI had the same doubling of the number of A* equivalents the England did? If not, it may mean NI students are at a slight disadvantage and may move the cut off up a little
I cannot see the cut off can you advise? I count that I have 38 points. Would SJ band 1 help in anyway
GANFYD
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by e-m-m)
I cannot see the cut off can you advise? I count that I have 38 points. Would SJ band 1 help in anyway
http://www.med.qub.ac.uk/download/Me...olicy-2022.pdf
SJT is just going to be used as a tiebreaker
e-m-m
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
http://www.med.qub.ac.uk/download/Me...olicy-2022.pdf
SJT is just going to be used as a tiebreaker
Last years cut off is 32 - do you expect that to change much? I see they reduced the number of offers a lot last year...
GANFYD
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by e-m-m)
Last years cut off is 32 - do you expect that to change much? I see they reduced the number of offers a lot last year...
The amount of grade inflation for CAGs means there are likely to be many more 8s and 9s around, I suspect, which could push scoring up
wiggsyyyy
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
I would have scored 37 on QUB's scoring system but I got an A* for a subject I took in Year 9😢 Now I have a score of 33 and I'm wondering if it's worth the risk?
Stoic15
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Hi guys, does QUB give 36 points for achieved A levels? I have achieved A levels all at A*’s
GANFYD
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Stoic15)
Hi guys, does QUB give 36 points for achieved A levels? I have achieved A levels all at A*’s
Yes they do, but if you have applied for medicine before, they will only consider you if you applied there first time round
Stoic15
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Yes, it will be my 1st time applying to QUB
Stoic15
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
So would I stand a good chance of receiving an interview, and is QUB covered by student finance England? Thank you
GANFYD
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
So would I stand a good chance of receiving an interview, and is QUB covered by student finance England? Thank you
Yes and yes 😊
Stoic15
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Yes and yes 😊
Thank you, I appreciate the guidance.
uniaspirant
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Yes, it will be my 1st time applying to QUB
Hi there
I think that, to apply with achieved A levels, one needs to have applied to QUB the previous year also, with predicted A levels (I think! )
Stoic15
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by uniaspirant)
Hi there
I think that, to apply with achieved A levels, one needs to have applied to QUB the previous year also, with predicted A levels (I think! )
I don’t think so, I’ve read they’re admission document just now and it says this must be your 1st time applying to QUB.
GANFYD
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
I don’t think so, I’ve read they’re admission document just now and it says this must be your 1st time applying to QUB.
If it is your first time applying to MEDICINE, they will consider you, ie on a gap year and did not apply the previous year. If you applied to other med schools last year, they will not consider an application.
As per their website
"Applications from candidates who have already achieved the normal academic requirements in their second level examinations, for example AAA at A-level plus A in a fourth AS and are applying for Medicine for a second time, will only be considered if they included Queen’s as one of their Medical choices first time round ie evidence of commitment to the University is important from the outset."
Stoic15
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Oh that’s strange, so I can’t apply at all? I am able to illustrate my commitment to Medicine with a multitude of hospital and GP placements.
GANFYD
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Oh that’s strange, so I can’t apply at all? I am able to illustrate my commitment to Medicine with a multitude of hospital and GP placements.
If this is your 2nd medicine application, and you did not apply to them the first time, you will not be considered, I'm afraid. They want you commited to them, not just to medicine
Last edited by GANFYD; 10 months ago
Stoic15
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Wow I’ve never seen that before. This is my 1st time hearing about QUB, and it seems unfair that rule is in place. Are there any ways around it?
GANFYD
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Wow I’ve never seen that before. This is my 1st time hearing about QUB, and it seems unfair that rule is in place. Are there any ways around it?
You need to read websites of anywhere you are looking to apply very carefully. Why is it unfair? They are giving full academic marks to those with achieved grades, and want to be sure that those taking advantage of this are committed to their med school.
No, there is no way round it. Why would they put it as a clear criteria if they were just going to ignore it?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (29)
17.68%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (41)
25%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (85)
51.83%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (9)
5.49%

Watched Threads