hallam1
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Applying to QUB with score of 38. Hoping that’s safe. Does anyone know much about QUB as it’s so hard making a decision from a website! Looks nice …but hard to tell!
homomomi
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Do the best 9 GCSEs need to contain English or sciences? On their website, there is no info on that. GANFYD
jahedurali
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Hi, I've shortlisted QUB as a great option as I score well for the shortlisting.

My GCSEs were A*A*9999988 hence score 34/36, and 4/6 on UCAT (2500-2699), 38/42 overall, well above the cutoff.

However, I only have AAA predicted grades. Do QUB use predicted grades. I know they ask for A*AA and I don't take an EPQ either for a lower offer. Would I be rejected straight away, is it silly to consider it as an option? GANFYD becausethenight
homomomi
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by jahedurali)
Hi, I've shortlisted QUB as a great option as I score well for the shortlisting.

My GCSEs were A*A*9999988 hence score 34/36, and 4/6 on UCAT (2500-2699), 38/42 overall, well above the cutoff.

However, I only have AAA predicted grades. Do QUB use predicted grades. I know they ask for A*AA and I don't take an EPQ either for a lower offer. Would I be rejected straight away, is it silly to consider it as an option? GANFYD becausethenight
do you have to include english in the best 9 GCSEs?
becausethenight
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago

In general, if you’re below the A level requirements and the uni doesn’t specify that they’d still accept it, I’d assume you’d be automatically rejected. I’d also be really wary of applying if you don’t think you’ll meet the predicted grades (very very few people overperform)
jahedurali
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by becausethenight)
In general, if you’re below the A level requirements and the uni doesn’t specify that they’d still accept it, I’d assume you’d be automatically rejected. I’d also be really wary of applying if you don’t think you’ll meet the predicted grades (very very few people overperform)
Thanks for the quick response! Do you think I have any safer options? I've also looked at ARU, Aston, Cardiff, Kent, Leicester, Liverpool and Plymouth as part of my shortlist. There are some risky options here too.
becausethenight
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
Thanks for the quick response! Do you think I have any safer options? I've also looked at ARU, Aston, Cardiff, Kent, Leicester, Liverpool and Plymouth as part of my shortlist. There are some risky options here too.
I'd need your full stats (GCSE breakdown, UCAT breakdown etc) to comment. Plymouth can be risky without an A*, I'd read through the Plymouth thread for a full discussion of the chaos last year.
jahedurali
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by homomomi)
do you have to include english in the best 9 GCSEs?
Hey, I'm not very sure to be honest, QUB aren't very transparent regarding English Language/Literature. In my case, I only did 9 GCSES so both fall into the top 9 anyway.
jahedurali
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by becausethenight)
I'd need your full stats (GCSE breakdown, UCAT breakdown etc) to comment. Plymouth can be risky without an A*, I'd read through the Plymouth thread for a full discussion of the chaos last year.
Non-WP, home student.

• A-Level Predicted:
AAA - Maths, Biology, Chemistry

• iGCSES:
A* - English Language
A* - Computer Science
9 - English Literature
9 - Mathematics
9 - Biology
9 - Chemistry
9 - Geography
8 - Business
8 - Physics

• UCAT Breakdown:
VR : 500 let me down alot
DM : 650
QR : 760
AR : 600
Total : 2510
SJT : Band 2

Here you go mate. Appreciate the help Will look into the Plymouth thread!
Last edited by jahedurali; 3 days ago
Subi2254
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 hours ago
Hey everyone, I'm an international student and understand that the university will have a levy of 10,000 pounds, but I just want to know whether this includes the pre-clinical years or clinical years only. It would be much-appreciated help if you could answer my question.
sunny_01
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 hours ago
(Original post by Subi2254)
Hey everyone, I'm an international student and understand that the university will have a levy of 10,000 pounds, but I just want to know whether this includes the pre-clinical years or clinical years only. It would be much-appreciated help if you could answer my question.
Hi I’m international too, you have to check each university. Some include the levy w the fees, some only have the levy for clinical years and some have it for all
Subi2254
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 minutes ago
(Original post by sunny_01)
Hi I’m international too, you have to check each university. Some include the levy w the fees, some only have the levy for clinical years and some have it for all
Great to hear from other international students! I checked their website and they said this:

This levy of £10,000 is payable in each year of study to cover access to clinical placements in the Northern Ireland Health and Social Care system. The clinical placement levy is not included in the tuition fee quoted above for 2021-22 and is payable in addition to the fee quoted in each of the 5 years of study.

The University will provide financial support in relation to this levy of £10,000 for year 1 and £5,000 for year 2, for students entering Year 1 in the 2021-22 academic year. Please refer to the additional course costs below for further details.

I find it a little confusing cause they talk about the levy being for the clinical years then they say that they provide financial support for year 1 (pre- clinical year.)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (47)
13.47%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (93)
26.65%
I'm a bit unsure (61)
17.48%
I'm finding things difficult (118)
33.81%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (30)
8.6%

Watched Threads