The Student Room Group

Aston University A100 2022 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rvbot
I got into Aston medicine with very similar stats as you and I also got interviews from all my unis I applied to.

Original post by GANFYD
They will only score 3 A levels, as that is their requirement.
They add GCSE and A level score together, so you would max out at 24 and then add this to UCAT

Heyy pls can some one help me
Do I stand a chance at aston
AAA achieved in bio chem n psych
A* IN THE EPQ
97776666 , 7 in eng lang and 6 in maths
Ukcat
2300 b2
My ukcat is so bad
I think last time I tried fo add my points I got 36 not sure if I did it right though.
Original post by KA_P
If it's the same as last year, about 29 and above should be fine for non- WP applicants. I think it's lower for WP applicants. 29.5 should be fine, but I'd be assuming that from last year's cohort.

Is widening participation the same as contextual? I live in a Polar 4 Quintile 2 area, but thought WP meant I had to take part in a scheme? I looked at the Aston Offer Ready and think I qualify with my postcode.
Hi so I'm thinking of applying to Aston.

662.5 Band 2

1A* 6A's and 3B's

and AAA achieved.

I am a resit so my sixth form referee would include a reason explaining that I had to resit.

Just wanted to double check that only applicants with achieved grades are scored right? and are they ranked against other achieved applicants or against those with predicted grades.

I know my GCSE's make it a bit more risky but I'm hoping that this would be a better fourth option for me than imperial which would mean having to do the BMAT.
Original post by PDQ2003
Is widening participation the same as contextual? I live in a Polar 4 Quintile 2 area, but thought WP meant I had to take part in a scheme? I looked at the Aston Offer Ready and think I qualify with my postcode.

I don't think I have enough knowledge about that to give you a reliable answer, sorry.
Original post by tecna
Heyy pls can some one help me
Do I stand a chance at aston
AAA achieved in bio chem n psych
A* IN THE EPQ
97776666 , 7 in eng lang and 6 in maths
Ukcat
2300 b2
My ukcat is so bad
I think last time I tried fo add my points I got 36 not sure if I did it right though.

I applied for Aston last year and had similar stats to you with a ucat of 2330 band 2 but I didn't get an interview. My gcses are 88887777666. Not sure if they have changed their selection process or anything though this year.
Hi guys, is it worth applying to Aston with these stats or is it too risky:

GCSEs: 999999887A
Achieved A-levels: A*AA
EPQ: A*
UCAT: 2490 Band 3
Original post by A_02
Hi guys, is it worth applying to Aston with these stats or is it too risky:

GCSEs: 999999887A
Achieved A-levels: A*AA
EPQ: A*
UCAT: 2490 Band 3

I think u should apply😃
does aston consider acheived grade applicants and predicted grade applicants the same way? or do achieved grade applicants have an advantage
Original post by medprincess
does aston consider acheived grade applicants and predicted grade applicants the same way? or do achieved grade applicants have an advantage

Points for achieved A levels get added to points for achieved GCSEs, so they are likely to score more, but thye are then all subject to the same cut off
Reply 109
Original post by GANFYD
Points for achieved A levels get added to points for achieved GCSEs, so they are likely to score more, but thye are then all subject to the same cut off

do you happen to know how exactly the scoring works and what the cut off was for last year by any chance???
Original post by ax_lx
do you happen to know how exactly the scoring works and what the cut off was for last year by any chance???

Have a read of the thread :smile:
GCSEs 9999999997
Predicted A levels A*AA
UCAT 2760
VR 550
DM 740
QR 700
AR 770
SJT Band 1

What are my odds at getting an interview?
Original post by Sloth_Roman
GCSEs 9999999997
Predicted A levels A*AA
UCAT 2760
VR 550
DM 740
QR 700
AR 770
SJT Band 1

What are my odds at getting an interview?

You should definitely get an interview for aston
Reply 113
hiya!
i am a reapplicant to medicine and im on a gap year and would just like some advice on where to apply for 2022 entry

my gcse's are the following :
6 9's - Bio,Chem,History, Georgraphy, Religious Studies and English Literature.
2 7's - English Language & Maths
2 6's - Physics and Spanish.

my a- levels are :
Biology - A
Psychology - A
Chemistry - B( CAG 2020) A (after resist in 2021 as I did the autumn exam in 2020 which counts as a first sit and got a B in it.)

UCAT is as follows
Total Score - 2420
VR- 640
DM -620
QR - 620
AR - 540
SJT - Band 1

Do you guys think ill be able to get an interview????
GCSEs 999998887
UCAT 2520 B2
A-level predictions A*AA

What are my chances for interview at aston
Reply 115
Original post by ax_lx
hiya!
i am a reapplicant to medicine and im on a gap year and would just like some advice on where to apply for 2022 entry

my gcse's are the following :
6 9's - Bio,Chem,History, Georgraphy, Religious Studies and English Literature.
2 7's - English Language & Maths
2 6's - Physics and Spanish.

my a- levels are :
Biology - A
Psychology - A
Chemistry - B( CAG 2020) A (after resist in 2021 as I did the autumn exam in 2020 which counts as a first sit and got a B in it.)

UCAT is as follows
Total Score - 2420
VR- 640
DM -620
QR - 620
AR - 540
SJT - Band 1

Do you guys think ill be able to get an interview????

i have achieved grades btw
Original post by KA_P
I don't think I have enough knowledge about that to give you a reliable answer, sorry.

Thanks anyway
Hi, does anyone know how Aston's selection process to give out offers post-interview works. Thanks for any replies.
Original post by thatguysjokes123
Hi, does anyone know how Aston's selection process to give out offers post-interview works. Thanks for any replies.

25% interview performance. 75% UCAT+GCSEs. This is from what I have heard so do email/call Aston for a better response.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 119
i looked at last years thread and tried to calculate my points but as I am an applicant with achieved grades im unsure of whether for the GCSES/ A-levels part will I score 24/24???
Can anyone pls help me with this??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending