LilGoat7
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi guys, here is my info:
GCSEs and grade breakdown : 99999888A*7A (9s in bio chem maths business and french, 8s in English lit, geography physics, 7 in English language, A* in further maths and A in statistics)
A level achieved: AAA (bio chem maths)
UCAT: 690 avg (2760)
SJT band : 3
Brief mention of work experience : Brighton and Sussex, observe gp, ongoing clinical experience as hca
I meet WP criteria: low household income, bursary student etc.

Is KMMS a reasonable choice, or will my band 3 put me at a disadvantage?
Game453
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
UCAT score 2700. Biomedical sciences 2:1. SJT band 1. Not worked in Kent. Is it worth applying? Or is Glasgow a safer option? Cheers
GANFYD
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Game453)
UCAT score 2700. Biomedical sciences 2:1. SJT band 1. Not worked in Kent. Is it worth applying? Or is Glasgow a safer option? Cheers
Glasgow cut off 2830 for RUK last year, so they are not a good choice!
Game453
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Oh okay thanks. I`ve been looking for the cutoff everywhere but haven`t been able to find it. How do you the cut off
Last edited by Game453; 2 weeks ago
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Game453)
Oh okay thanks. I`ve been looking for the cutoff everywhere but haven`t been able to find it. How do you the cut off
Glasgow Admissions
Game453
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
Glasgow Admissions
oh okay cheers again!
sofia333
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
2680 UCAT score band 2, First class in Anatomy degree at KCL. Is it worth applying here?
Leaf.
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
GCSE’s (06/2011):

Biology – A
Chemistry – A*
English – A
Mathematics – A
3 more GCSE at A and 2 at B (Geography, Physics)
GCSE short-course ICT A* (not sure what short course is)

A-levels (06/2013):
Biology – C
Chemistry - A
Economics – A*
EPQ – E

(06/2014) In 2014 I took a gap year, did some work experience, and took a resit in my biology as-well as well as take on AS level (not full a-level) business studies, achieving an A in both (06/2014)

Following this, I went to university:
Date of registration; 22/Sep/2014
End of registration; 23/Sep/2019
Qualification Awarded; MPHARM Pharmacy Second Class Honours (Upper Division)
Date of Award; 01/Oct/2019

After degree, I started pre-registration trainee Pharmacist, 30th Sept 2019 – 27th Sept 2020. Following this there was the wait for the GPHC exam due to covid, and I finally became a registered Pharmacist on 15/05/2021.

UCAT:
Total score 2580 (645) Band 2
(verbal reasoning score was 550).

Work experience: not yet, but planning to get some next few weeks. Don't live in Kent so won't be able to do any work experience there.

No WP or contextual flags

do you guys think I've got a good chance at kent?
Iloverosegold
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi guys,

I’m a Scottish student and was wondering if Kent and Medway is a suitable choice to apply to with 5As at higher and 2As and a B at advanced higher with UCAT score 2480 (620) band 2? No contextual flags apart from UCAT bursary. Thanks
DadofMedic?
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Anyone put in their application to KMMS yet? Have you had a response? All other choices have acknowledged the application just not KMMS.
sofia333
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Is it worth applying with no work experience in Kent but with good UCAT score and a first class achieved?
Last edited by sofia333; 2 weeks ago
eilic
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by becausethenight)

Welcome to the Kent and Medway Medical School A100 2022 Entry Discussion.

KMMS A100 2021 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6560710

For general information click: https://kmms.ac.uk/study/

For entry requirements click: https://kmms.ac.uk/entry-requirements-2021/

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!
What will the UCAT threshold be for 2022/23 entry? I scored 2460 in my UCAT and wouldn’t have made it last year (cut off was 2470) but would have been above the threshold for 2019 (cut off was 2420).
becausethenight
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by eilic)
What will the UCAT threshold be for 2022/23 entry? I scored 2460 in my UCAT and wouldn’t have made it last year (cut off was 2470) but would have been above the threshold for 2019 (cut off was 2420).
We don’t know - we don’t have a crystal ball!
Personally I would be wary of applying if you were below last years’ cutoff as it’s unlikely to go down, but your options may be quite limited so if this is your only option it’s more likely than say Bristol’s cutoff dropping by 400 points.
omarmoj
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Does kent actually accept AAB? It says minimum but does that mean they will make an offer of AAB? I went to a contextual state school and so my GCSE grades of 988777666 were very good for my school at the time (which should be ok) and i have a UCAT of 2800 b2. Im not too sure about my AAB in tags this summer though as KMMS dont accept resits.
Makee2992
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
GCSEs: Mostly C's 1B in chemistry (KMMS confirmed by email as an access student I only need a C in english)
Access: 36 Distinction 9 Merit (45 credits at level 3 with 30 credits at Distinction and 15 at Merit. Applicants should achieve 15 credits in Chemistry or Biology with at least 12 graded level-3 credits at Distinction)
UCAT: 707 avg (2830)
SJT band : 2
Brief mention of work experience: 4 years as a HCPC Paramedic
Extenuating: I was told by my ambulance trust I would need to provide more hours during Covid and got predicted 6 of my 9 merits.

Based on what is listed seems like i should have a good shot this year
Last edited by Makee2992; 2 weeks ago
PastelColours
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
KMMS says it doesnt allow resits so what if I already have AAB but im resitting the B in autumn for my other 3 med schools is that still allowed? because my achieved grade and my pending grade is all on my ucas application ty
saharali005
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi! I received 98887766 in GCSE (all IGCSE except English) and 2710 band 2 in the UCAT. But I don't know how my predicted are going to go. What do you think? because I want to apply to kent and medway
medprincess
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by becausethenight)
You would be above the UCAT threshold, but KMMS is always tricky as they heavily contextualise GCSEs and A levels. Do you have any contextual points or idea of your school’s achievement at GCSE?
What subject is your 4 in - if it is a core subject you do not meet the minimum requirements unfortunately.
do you happen to know if acheiving 999998887 at a non-selective state school classified as 'average' on the department for education performance tables would be competitive at KMMS? I know it's hard to say, but do you have any insight into successful applicants?
Last edited by medprincess; 2 weeks ago
becausethenight
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by medprincess)
do you happen to know if acheiving 999998887 at a non-selective state school classified as 'average' on the department for education performance tables would be competitive at KMMS? I know it's hard to say, but do you have any insight into successful applicants?
You could have a look at last years' thread, I guess...? KMMS's selection process is basically voodoo, I'm afraid.
If you have an idea of the 'average' GCSE grades achieved by someone at your school, or the 9-4 pass rate etc that may be more helpful as it seems to be 'how much better are you than your peers'.
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by medprincess)
Impossible to say, as once they get a contextual "score" via your GCSEs, A levels, whatever, they apply it somehow to your UCAT to get a new score that they use for ranking!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (46)
13.37%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (93)
27.03%
I'm a bit unsure (60)
17.44%
I'm finding things difficult (115)
33.43%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (30)
8.72%

Watched Threads